Kristof in the Heineken Open - Jan 8-15, 2007 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #16
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kristof in the Heineken Open - Jan 8-15, 2007

I am a tattoo-refuser too
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #17
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

Olivier made me feel so bad wish Kristof is kind enough to lead him to win tomorrow

Good luck boys !!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #18
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by linus View Post
I like reading his blog too

Yvo, whats the back-meaning of "Fly" for him?
Vliegen is the Dutch word for "to fly"

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:44 AM   #19
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Another (last I think) entry in his blog

Quote:
I am happy to have played our doubles match indoors this morning. Olivier [Rochus] and I did not want to hang around after such a long day Thursday. Jeff Coetzee and Rogier Wassen played really well and were too strong [winning 6-1, 6-3]. It was tough to play our best level.

Beforehand, we passed by Stephane before the match. My legs were in a bad state following the [David] Ferrer match yesterday. I was feeling bad physically last night and needed 20-25 minutes of stretching with my lower back. Olivier and I are now in a good state to prepare Melbourne.

It was a hot and long day Thursday, but I know I am good for five-set matches now. Olivier and I had a bite to eat in the hotel restaurant last night and were a little sleepy already. I returned to my room and slept for six or seven hours. I’m still not used to the time difference.

Although we played our doubles at midday, I am flying off to Melbourne in the next couple of hours so this will be my last blog. I’m of the opinion that when a tournament is over it is best to leave for the next tournament. Now we go to Melbourne, which is a main goal for every player. We will try to prepare ourselves over there for a couple of days, where the weather is 36C compared to 15C here.

Right now, I’m not really thinking about the Australian Open, but when I get to Melbourne; into the stadium, the locker room and see everyone trying to prepare for a two-week stay. You’ll see the favorites [Roger] Federer and [Rafael] Nadal trying to play their best level, but others are there as well.

When I came off court my coach told me about the draw for Belgium players. I know it a little bit, but we’ll see what happens Monday and Tuesday.

I am playing German Philipp Kohlschreiber in the first round. He played well here this week. We played once last year, in Munich on clay (head-to-head).

But next week will be completely different. Philipp is a hard-hitter and plays well from the baseline. We played some club matches in France during the winter, so we got to know each other a bit better. It will be 50-50.

The winner will play Nadal, who I played in Monte Carlo last year. Nadal will play [Robert] Kendrick again, who he struggled past en route to the Wimbledon final. Obviously Rafa lost to [Xavier] Malisse in Chennai last week, so he is losing matches, and perhaps we have a chance.

My coach has just gone to collect some sandwiches at Subway, while I need to pack my bags back at the hotel. My clothes are all over the room. After a couple of days, my clothes are normally under the bed, which means I have to really search the room before I leave. I may forget something!

When I came here from Doha I didn’t have matches under my belt, but at least now I have played three singles and two doubles matches in Auckland. Three wins out of five is not too bad. My level is getting better and better and I have a few days to get ready.

Some of my friends have read the blog, as they have text messaged me. I haven’t told anyone really, but friends are following from afar. My first coach I ever had, who gave me lessons at 12 and 13, is a great guy and still supports me. He came to the Roland Garros last year. It’s always good to see him. Also a few basketball players in the Belgium league, who I train with occasionally, are reading it as well.

Wish me luck next week.

Fly
I really like it where he says his clothes are under his bed and he has to search all room

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #20
country flag linus

thank you for the explanation now I know it and I did wonder before whats the meaning of Vliegen coz it is not normal to get seen by me