. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-21-2006, 07:23 AM   #46
country flag Mr Flamboyant

Mr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Champions' Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
will see you tomorrow mate
don't bet on it ..
Mr Flamboyant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2006, 07:29 AM   #47
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flamboyant View Post
don't bet on it ..
Mate you can't win them all, doesn't matter how good or bad a punter is - just got to ride the bad troughs and enjoy the good times
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:35 AM   #48
bad gambler

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=77860
Old 12-21-2006, 08:08 AM   #49
country flag Mr Flamboyant

Mr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond repute

Three weeks ago I hit a personal high when my overall bank reached +16 units .. everything seemed logical and panned out as such ..

Since then pretty much everything has reversed and it just seems like everything I touch turns sour (bank has shrunk to +8 units overall).. it's as if the planets have suddenly re-aligned or something .. You keep "going to the well" and doing what you've been doing but nothing works .. and it's gotten to the point where right now I have no idea where my next W is coming from because my confidence is nil ..

Feels like I'm chasing my tail in terms of strategy .. I like to win at good percentage (60% +) but the thing I'm finding is because of 'juice' what it takes me five wins in a row to accumulate, I can then virtually lose in three losses .. I don't know whether to give in and just back underdogs (a la 'Anders') whereby you only need to hit at 35-45% to keep building the bank ..

I know I've learnt a lot just by being around (especially) this forum and others, but then when guys like you (Bad Gambler) put up 'plays of the day' like Golden State this morning I scoff at it and go with my shitty Lakers / T-Wolves UNDER .. And it becomes another day where the 'sharps' count their cash while I mope after another crap decision ..

Anyway .. just seems like I'm forever 'zigging' when I should have 'zagged' .. Have read through the rules on the above link, but any other bits of advice would be gratefully accepted ..

Last edited by Mr Flamboyant : 12-21-2006 at 08:17 AM.
Mr Flamboyant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:21 AM   #50
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mr. F

You've got to have confidence in yourself if you're going to win...right now, it seems that you don't. It might be best to take a break of a few days / a week or so and instead of placing money on your leans, just make a record of them and see how you go. If you get a good record...that will help your confidence and you should start betting again

Also, I wouldn't go for odds on a bet of lower than 1.50. To state the obvious, you'd only need to win 2 in a row to make some profit (off a constant stake)...something that is easier to manage than 3, 4+ winning streak.

Anders had the perfect gambling style for tennis...not sure whether it works for many other sports so maybe you should approach with caution. But, in terms of tennis, looking for value isn't too hard and, given the number of upsets that happen from day to day, it tends to be more lucrative to bet that way.

As BG's rules state (see the thread he posted above)...know the sport you're betting on inside out, which I'm sure you do...but I'll state anyway. I'm a great fan of stats...but they shouldn't be used to DECIDE what you play...they should be used to SOLIDIFY your lean.

I hope some of that helps...although it is propbably stating stuff you already know about

I can't wait for the new tennis season!!!

Keep the good work going James et al
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:20 AM   #51
bad gambler

Can't really add anything more than what Jez has just posted
Old 12-21-2006, 11:42 AM   #52
bad gambler

Get the lubricant out and oil those Pistons catching the 3 1/2 points for Thursday.

giddyup, giddyup horsey
Old 12-21-2006, 12:10 PM   #53
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mate you can't win them all, doesn't matter how good or bad a punter is - just got to ride the bad troughs and enjoy the good times
U r an mate!!
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:11 PM   #54

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
The system says Cavs by 21.

BOL

Sounds good
Old 12-21-2006, 12:14 PM   #55

Quote:
Get the lubricant out and oil those Pistons catching the 3 1/2 points for Thursday.

giddyup, giddyup horsey
lol,everyman n their dog will be on the Pistons,not a good sign for TNT,their a FREAK name LEBRON who might want to say somethin a few things
Old 12-21-2006, 12:21 PM   #56
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports freak View Post
lol,everyman n their dog will be on the Pistons,not a good sign for TNT,their a FREAK name LEBRON who might want to say somethin a few things
Public do win every now and again
Old 12-21-2006, 12:34 PM   #57

Quote:
Public do win every now and again
Yes
Old 12-21-2006, 11:41 PM   #58
bad gambler

Get on the Pistons champ
Old 12-22-2006, 02:12 AM   #59
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
The system says Cavs by 21.

BOL

That's one hell of a system, you sure they gave you NBA live 2006 and not 1975?

Old 12-22-2006, 04:37 AM   #60
bad gambler

thanks for the support, I appreciate it buddy