Wildcards - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: TT season 2007:WC's: Yes or no?

Yes 30 40.00%
No 45 60.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2006, 11:31 AM   #31
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wildcards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackBusner View Post
This is a very good suggestion!
There are some challengers that would become stronger than ISs if we duplicated their points
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2006, 11:34 AM   #32
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfancroatia View Post
Yeah,and you forgot to write you don't give a shit!
high ranked players should not vote!
Are you stupid or something?
How the hell would WC's "complicate things more"?
And what about doubling points for Challengers?
You want to be just like ATP,so you won't exept that...
But,as far as I know,ATP has WC's,or you forgot that?
:retard: :retard: :retard:
Hahaha yeah, because then that wouldn't be a biased poll result or anything. All players should vote because all players have to live with whatever decision is made.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #33
country flag ZackBusner

ZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by keqtqiadv View Post
There are some challengers that would become stronger than ISs if we duplicated their points
Okay, that's true. But at least 100 points for all challengers - also for the small ones - would be a good thing. Otherwise I fear it really will be hard for newcomers to climb up the ranking because most higher ranked players will make some points with a lucky punch from time to time. It's not like the real ATP tour where players like C.Rochus are losing every match.
ZackBusner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:51 PM   #34
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansk View Post
Wow I can't believe so many "no"s. It seems like a no-brainer to me - I can't think of any negatives (if it is implemented like I mentioned in the rules and changes thread). May I enquire as to the reasoning behind the "no"s? Sorry Adam!
ok.

1) Where is the cut off point as to which ranked players get WC?
2) There were arguments that the old system was unfair that whoever was online at the time the thread was posted got in - with limited space for WC, the same thing would happen and everyone would want to play in similar events.
3) I thought we wanted to make TT as realistic as possible - granting random WC's to lower ranked players isn't realistic.
4) Why should lower ranked players get into tournaments ahead of higher ranked players? (my ranking is 91 I think so I can't be accused of being highly ranked). Put it this way, if I was ranked 25th in the world and I got pushed out of playing a tournament I wanted to play in by people ranked in the 200s using their WC's I'd be pissed off.
5) If you look at the rankings, there isn't a big points gap. Someone ranked in the 200s, if they had a couple of good challenger results they'd fly up the rankings. It's not that hard to progress through the rankings (there are also a lot of players inactive).

Quote:
I can bet I wont even enter in top 100 in 2007.
Even if i play every single week.
Seriously, you've made your point and by the poll results not many people agree with you so give it a rest.

If you're so against the game and it's so unfair, don't play. I'm sure we can cope without you.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:10 PM   #35
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
if something doesn't change many players will never get to the atp level and wont use their potential...That includes me.As GustavoM_Fan said,challenger matches are harder to predict
I don't know about the wild cards, if the managers think they can do it, then fine, go with them.
But constantly whining about how hard challengers are is starting to annoy me. The fact that you had an awful record in challengers just seems to show that they're hard for you. Plenty of players can know who is more likely to win between say, Dudi Sela and Jhonson Garcia easier than they can judge who will win a match between players like Fererro and Gaudio. I admit, there can be really obscure guys in challengers, but assuming you have as much knowledge as your opponent then you are in the same position.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:41 PM   #36
country flag Forever-Delayed

Forever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond repute

I am still in favour of wild cards, because my original suggestion was that the entry lists resemble exactly the ATP system, so there are wild cards for every tournament, and they are decided by the manager of the tournament (or the board of managers), who give reasons why certain players who have applied for a wild card can get one.

There could be a limit on how many wild cards a season someone could get, and there would have to be valid reasons as to why the people who get the wild cards get them.

I still stand by this, even though it would make things a bit harder for the managers, as they would have to choose who is the most worthy recipient of a WC, and would crush the dreams of some people.

But... this does allow the game to stick to the original format of keeping the game as realistic as possible, as well as allowing the lower ranked players to move up the rankings.

On the issue of challengers being harder to predict that ATP events... I don't necessarily agree. Okay, i do follow the challenger tour, so that does help me in some ways as it means I am more familiar with the challenger level players, but at times I would say that they are actually easier to predict, as there is a bigger gulf in class between players at times than on the ATP level
Forever-Delayed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:42 PM   #37
country flag gaynor

gaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond repute

Surely Challengers are easier than IS as there are weaker players and you don't have to win as many matches. I think Challengers are better as if the matches are harder to predict it will mean there will be less TBs, and you get furthur on your tipping ability rather than TB/Set ratio Luck
gaynor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #38
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever-Delayed View Post
I am still in favour of wild cards, because my original suggestion was that the entry lists resemble exactly the ATP system, so there are wild cards for every tournament, and they are decided by the manager of the tournament (or the board of managers), who give reasons why certain players who have applied for a wild card can get one.

There could be a limit on how many wild cards a season someone could get, and there would have to be valid reasons as to why the people who get the wild cards get them.

I still stand by this, even though it would make things a bit harder for the managers, as they would have to choose who is the most worthy recipient of a WC, and would crush the dreams of some people.

But... this does allow the game to stick to the original format of keeping the game as realistic as possible, as well as allowing the lower ranked players to move up the rankings.
I like the idea but in all honesty, it's too controversial. Can you really see tennisfancroatia not kicking up a fuss every time a manager doesn't give him a wild card?
Old 12-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #39
country flag superhoops

superhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond repute

Doubling Challenger points or atleast raising them is a very good suggesstion and one i think should be seriously looked at.
SF: Sopot CH
QF: Guadalajara CH

Doubles (with tennisfancroatia unless stated)
CHAMPION: Vancouver CH
Runner-Up:
SF: Sopot CH, Astana CH(w/herbal), San Marino CH
QF:
superhoops is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #40
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

If there would be WCs, manager would choose who is going to get it. And what, they'll choose they're favs who are not good enough to play in MD? I think that's not fair, if that would be the case. I voted no.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #41
country flag superhoops

superhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond repute

No the propsal i think is there should be 3 WCs allocated to everyone outside the top 100 at the start of the year and these can be used on a first come first served basis but not for GS or MS.
SF: Sopot CH
QF: Guadalajara CH

Doubles (with tennisfancroatia unless stated)
CHAMPION: Vancouver CH
Runner-Up:
SF: Sopot CH, Astana CH(w/herbal), San Marino CH
QF:
superhoops is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:18 PM   #42
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guille&tati4life View Post
I don't know about the wild cards, if the managers think they can do it, then fine, go with them.
But constantly whining about how hard challengers are is starting to annoy me. The fact that you had an awful record in challengers just seems to show that they're hard for you. Plenty of players can know who is more likely to win between say, Dudi Sela and Jhonson Garcia easier than they can judge who will win a match between players like Fererro and Gaudio. I admit, there can be really obscure guys in challengers, but assuming you have as much knowledge as your opponent then you are in the same position.
I know a lot about tennis.
And I watch tennis,i follow tennis....
But not that much challengers..
Yeah,I have a bad record in challengers,but that doesn't mean I suck...
I can lose 10 times in a challenger first round (and i will for sure ),and then come up with an Grand Slam...
Two things:1.For me,challenger matches will always be harder to predict,because I DONT KNOW A LOT OF PLAYERS who are playing.I heard about them,but never watched them and that's a handicap..
2.You cannot ignore this,low ranked players and newcomers should have a chance to achive something and improve their rankings by PLAYING A FEW ATP TOURNEYS!
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #43
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

WTF I must do to change the sistem somehow?
Think once again,board managers.
Everyone should have a chance to improve by playing just a few atp tourneys!
That's the main message!
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #44
country flag gaynor

gaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond repute

For God's sake, you'll probably just get in Aus Open qualie, win a few rounds there and qualify and you are nearly in the top 100 Everyone elsed thinks the system is fair, if you don't like it then don't play the game, there are many other games that aren't based on rankings such as PAW and PTS go and play them
gaynor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #45
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

How about we let tennisfancroatia set up his own version of TT and he can run it the way he wants.