in-match reporting in general messages - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:10 PM   #16
country flag lordmanji

lordmanji has a reputation beyond reputelordmanji has a reputation beyond reputelordmanji has a reputation beyond reputelordmanji has a reputation beyond reputelordmanji has a reputation beyond reputelordmanji has a reputation beyond reputelordmanji has a reputation beyond reputelordmanji has a reputation beyond reputelordmanji has a reputation beyond reputelordmanji has a reputation beyond reputelordmanji has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: in-match reporting in general messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
It doesn't matter which forum the threads are in. If you bring live score to GM, it's still the same. With bad gamblers (no pun for our supermod here ) polluting the threads. It actually will mess up GM with all live scores thread there from various tournaments. You will have live scores from 2-3-4 ATP tournaments and have you check the live scores thread in challenger lately?

If live score threads from ATP tournaments are allowed in GM, then we have to allow live scores threads from challengers too, right? Soon, you won't be able to find the topic you like to discuss on GM as they are buried under all those live score threads.
who cares about challengers? the average tennis fan doesnt and neither does the average poster. just allow the atp events in and im sure the regular posters will outnumber the gamblers by 10 to 1. let the few suffer and the many enjoy
lordmanji is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2006, 11:50 PM   #17
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmanji View Post
who cares about challengers? the average tennis fan doesnt and neither does the average poster.
That's not the point. If there are live score threads in GM, then it doesn't matter it's challenger or ATP tournaments. And the result is there can be 8-9 live score threads at the same time.

Quote:
just allow the atp events in and im sure the regular posters will outnumber the gamblers by 10 to 1. let the few suffer and the many enjoy
It's not that long ago that there are live scores thread in GM and sorry, I didn't see anything good coming from there.

And I don't see the point of a thread in GM instead of in the tournament forum. If a poster really wants to do what you suggest, how difficult it's to get into the tournament forum?

And I can tell you right now. If we allow live score threads in GM, it will be the other way round, more posters will suffer and few may enjoy.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-07-2006, 11:54 PM   #18
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
unban tt boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
tt boy never did that and still got banned.
If there are any questions about this poster's banning, please PM any supermods or Steve here instead of raising this in an unrelated thread.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:55 PM   #19
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

That's the end for me about this topic. I have said all I wanted and needed to say here.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:23 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
That's the end for me about this topic. I have said all I wanted and needed to say here.
I agree with you Lee. The scoring threads belong in the Tournament section.
View My Blog!  
Old 12-08-2006, 09:43 AM   #21
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm bad idea...... if we keep the in match reporting to the tournament forums it's much easier to find the match / tournament you're looking for. Like Lee said, 7 or 8 livescore threads in GM will get messy.
Carlita is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #22
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

It used to be a chaos when live-score threads were allowed in GM and I remember having lots of reported posts a day because of wrong scores and things like that. All it did was to create problems and a lot of work to us, because we couldn't catch up on so many posts to delete thing.
As Carlita said, having the tournaments forums, it's much easier to find a specific live-score thread, and only people interested in reading how a certain match is progressing will go there avoiding (or reducing) all the unnecessary posts such as "good job" or "what a choke".
I've gived point by point information on many matches in the past in the tournaments forums and they've been a success. Unfourtunatly I haven't been able to do it lately, but if any of you want to volunteer, you're free to do it. I agree, it would be really exciting to follow it, when you can't watch it on tv, rather than follow it through a live-score site
I know that allowing these kind of threads in GM will only create more confusion and disconfort among members.
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread