Andrea Gaudenzi deserves more credit than he's given - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-06-2006, 10:23 AM   #16
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andrea Gaudenzi deserves more credit than he's given

Here is the man in his job as an agent, yes he eventually got his M.B.A

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...ntano_nel_.jpg

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2006, 10:26 AM   #17
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Here is the man in his job as an agent, yes he eventually got his M.B.A

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...ntano_nel_.jpg
he's tha manager of Montano, the fencing gold medalist from Athens 2004?

didnt know that

he's getting good money from Montano anyway, the guy has had more TV contracts than fencing matches won in the past 2 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:29 AM   #18
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
he's tha manager of Montano, the fencing gold medalist from Athens 2004?

didnt know that

he's getting good money from Montano anyway, the guy has had more TV contracts than fencing matches won in the past 2 years
Well I am not sure if he is Montano's agent, but I assume he would be and there are a few players he manages. So he is using his business degree for something.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #19
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Q. Where was that match when you got up in the umpire's chair and said, "game, set, match"?

ANDREA GAUDENZI: Ivanisevic match in Paris the one I lost.

Q. When the umpire --

ANDREA GAUDENZI: The umpire went down and said "I have to go to the toilet," I said, "Yes, normally the players go to the toilet," so I went to the chair umpire.

Q. What did you think when he dumped the forehand in the net at the end of the match?

ANDREA GAUDENZI: I don't even remember how was the point because I thought every time I was serving I said, just concentrate. It is not match point. Play a normal point. I wanted to serve and volley I don't know if I did if I miss a few serves, I don't remember.

Q. That was the match point that you won?

ANDREA GAUDENZI: Yes, but --

Q. Second serve, he ran around --

ANDREA GAUDENZI: I don't remember. I was out of place.

Q. When you lost the sixth match point were you concerned that you might --
ANDREA GAUDENZI: That's what I said, I was ready to play the fifth set, but I know how these things go. It's going to come back and I have to be ready to play the fifth and not freak out and give it to him.

Q. Did you have a particular strategy going into the match against Courier?

ANDREA GAUDENZI: Yes, the most important thing was not to be passive but to be aggressive and especially to open the court with a backhand down the line because he turns around all the time the forehand so I have to open the court with my backhand down the line and come in on -- I cannot tell you everything, otherwise -- this is our secret. That's it.

Q. Did you have any sense that he might be a little vulnerable because he had been talking about retiring and all that stuff?

ANDREA GAUDENZI: Well, the way he played against Krickstein and I don't know what day it was, I think he played a very good match and he came here one year earlier, I mean, I think he's just talking. It's just words.

Q. Did you watch the Krickstein match on television?

ANDREA GAUDENZI: Yeah, a little bit.

Q. You won 90 percent of your points at the net. Was that intentional?

ANDREA GAUDENZI: I probably won three times.

Q. You won 33 times.

ANDREA GAUDENZI: What? 33? No.

Q. According to the numbers -- No. Not true.

ANDREA GAUDENZI: I don't know -- well, I don't know. I might be. I don't

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #20
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

Quote:
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Old 12-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #21
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Against Goran at RG where he lost in 5.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18...on/1243050.jpg

After defeating Courier at the US Open

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18...son/360360.jpg

In retirement

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18...4_gaudenzi.jpg

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #22
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

ATP says that he lost in 4 against Goran

loved that bandanna with Italian flag

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #23
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

He probably lost in 4, but I do remember the GSM Gaudenzi thing.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-06-2006, 12:21 PM   #24
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

I dont but that would have been hella funny for the public

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-06-2006, 02:50 PM   #25
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Great career signore Gaudenzi. Great matches on carpet in the DC, if I do remember well.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #26
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

This was before Milan's last year as event.

Former Italian No. 1 Andrea Gaudenzi worked in Milan in the Tournament Director office and as a commentator for both Sport Italia and Eurosport. The 31-year-old Gaudenzi, once ranked as high as No. 18 in the world, played his last match in July 2003 just after graduating from Law School in Italy.

"After stopping my professional career, I did an MBA in Monaco which I finished with full marks in July 2004. Now I am busy with my company, managing Andreas Seppi and Fabio Foganini and commentating for TV," said Gaudenzi. "I played professional tennis for 13 years, it was a wonderful experience, this is like my second life."

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #27
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Great career signore Gaudenzi. Great matches on carpet in the DC, if I do remember well.
not so many matches on carpet I think

except the one against France in Paris when they lost that semi I though they did it after 2-0 on first day

maybe they got too full of themselves

the legendary one against Norman was in Milano, on clay.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #28
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot 1998's tie against USA was indoors but hard.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #29
country flag Pixie

Pixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
I dont but that would have been hella funny for the public
Indeed. Lots of people were laughing, but still he lost in 4. Goran was pretty solid during this match given that most of the crowd was behind Andreas right after this funny thing.
~♠ Lisnardaire(s) ♠~
un pour un, un pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Pixie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:59 AM   #30
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Too bad Gaudenzi couldn't win.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1