Mark "The Scud" cheering thread!! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2003, 11:24 AM   #46
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

because his serves are as fast as a flying cloud

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2003, 02:39 PM   #47
country flag ILR

ILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mark "The Scud" cheering thread!!

hello all fellow Scud fans!

thought Id make an appearance here! Pity he pulled out of Montreal but I hope he can do well in the US Open! Go Mark

Hope you like my avatar

Sami My captain. LFC forever! But John Terry rules!

Best of luck to: Juan Carlos Ferrero, Mark Philippoussis, Carlos Moya and Nico Lapentti. Tommy Haas is finally back! I missed you!
ILR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 11:42 AM   #48
Elleke

Elleke has a reputation beyond reputeElleke has a reputation beyond reputeElleke has a reputation beyond reputeElleke has a reputation beyond reputeElleke has a reputation beyond reputeElleke has a reputation beyond reputeElleke has a reputation beyond reputeElleke has a reputation beyond reputeElleke has a reputation beyond reputeElleke has a reputation beyond reputeElleke has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mark
ILuvRogi I like your avatar indeed
Elleke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 02:51 PM   #49
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute

Mark
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 05:39 PM   #50
JuaNQui FoReVeR

JuaNQui FoReVeR has a reputation beyond reputeJuaNQui FoReVeR has a reputation beyond reputeJuaNQui FoReVeR has a reputation beyond reputeJuaNQui FoReVeR has a reputation beyond reputeJuaNQui FoReVeR has a reputation beyond reputeJuaNQui FoReVeR has a reputation beyond reputeJuaNQui FoReVeR has a reputation beyond reputeJuaNQui FoReVeR has a reputation beyond reputeJuaNQui FoReVeR has a reputation beyond reputeJuaNQui FoReVeR has a reputation beyond reputeJuaNQui FoReVeR has a reputation beyond repute

Mark fan here!!

Good Luck: GAMBILL, FISH, BLAKE, MARTIN, AGASSI, GINEPRI, VAHALY, BRYAN, EL AYNAOUI, HAAS, PHILIPPOUSSIS, KUERTEN, HENMAN, KIEFER, MOYA, SRICHAPHAN, GIMELSTOB, SPADEA, MIRNYI, MASSU, DENT, BOGOMOLOV, KENDRICK, TAINO, MAMIIT, RODDICK, ENQVIST, GONZALEZ, SARGSIAN, SANGUINETTI, FERREIRA, NORMAN, ESCUDE, ANCIC, CANAS, ARAZI, ROBREDO, GROSJEAN, NIEMINEN, HRBATY, SAFIN, FEDERER, COSTA, CORRETJA, CHELA, VOLANDRI, & NADAL
JuaNQui FoReVeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 01:49 PM   #51
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Article on Scud and Lleyton.

US Open draw paints easy path for Hewitt but hard road for Scud
August 22, 2003

The pressure on Lleyton Hewitt eased a little yesterday when the former world No.1 received a generous draw for the US Open, which starts in New York on Monday. Unlike his Davis Cup teammate Mark Philippoussis, Hewitt has been given an excellent opportunity to play himself into much-needed form over the first week of the season's final grand slam.

In the first round, the sixth seed meets world No.84 Victor Hanescu, a 22-year-old from Romania who has played only 22 matches on the main tour and has done best on clay.

If he wins that match, Hewitt will face either Hyung-Taik Lee or Vladimir Voltchkov in round two. There is no "name" player in his path until Thailand's Paradorn Srichaphan in the round of 16.

Srichaphan is the 11th seed and won a tour-best 40 matches on hardcourts last year.

Third seed Juan Carlos Ferrero looms in the quarter-finals, and should Hewitt advance to the semi-finals - as he has on his past three trips to Flushing Meadows - the 2001 champion would likely confront top seed and world No.1 Andre Agassi.

Other dangers in Hewitt's top half of the draw include unpredictable Russian Marat Safin, Sebastien Grosjean and two recent victors over the South Australian, Max Mirnyi and Wayne Ferreira.

Philippoussis, the 20th seed and 1998 finalist, opens against a qualifier but has landed in a rugged section of the draw that features Wimbledon champion Roger Federer, hometown favourite James Blake and in-form Argentinian David Nalbandian.

Philippoussis will probably play Russian Davis Cup hero Mikhail Youzhny in the second round and is on course to meet 13th-seeded Nalbandian in the third round before colliding with Federer in a mouth-watering Wimbledon final rematch. Seventh seed Carlos Moya is Philippoussis's projected quarter-final opponent, with tournament favourite Andy Roddick, the fourth seed, expected to be lying in wait for the semi-finals.

Hewitt, normally at his best on the US hardcourts, has had a poor build-up for the open.

He made a run to the final in Los Angeles earlier this month in his comeback event following a four-week lay-off after his first-round elimination at Wimbledon. But he has since lost to Mirnyi in the second round in Montreal and to Xavier Malisse in the first round in Cincinnati.

Hewitt has tumbled from the top of the rankings before Wimbledon to world No.6 and his 13 tournaments contested this year are the second-fewest of any player in the top 50 in the ATP Champions Race. But he insists his priorities for this year were the grand slams and Davis Cup.

While he has failed to progress beyond the fourth round at the first three majors, he has helped Australia reach a Davis Cup semi-final against Switzerland next month.

Fellow Australians Wayne Arthurs and Scott Draper have received tough draws, with Arthurs starting off against Australian Open runner-up Rainer Schuettler of Germany and Draper to play Moya.

Australia's top-ranked woman, Alicia Molik, has drawn a qualifier, and Nicole Pratt meets American Jill Craybas.

Molik has a great chance to reach her maiden grand slam quarter-final after being pitted in a section of the draw devoid of any of the game's current stars.

The road ahead: possible run through

6-LLEYTON HEWITT

1st rd: Victor Hanescu

2nd rd: Hyung-taik Lee

3rd rd: 29-Feliciano Lopez

4th rd: 11-Paradorn Srichaphan

Q/F: 3-Juan Carlos Ferrero

S/F: 1-Andre Agassi

F: 2-Roger Federer

20-MARK PHILIPPOUSSIS

1st rd: qualifier

2nd rd: Mikhail Youzhny

3rd rd: 13-David Nalbandian

4th rd: 2-Roger Federer

Q/F: 7-Carlos Moya

S/F: 4-Andy Roddick

F: 1-Andre Agassi AAP
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 12:20 AM   #52
Davai Misha

Davai Misha has a reputation beyond reputeDavai Misha has a reputation beyond reputeDavai Misha has a reputation beyond reputeDavai Misha has a reputation beyond reputeDavai Misha has a reputation beyond reputeDavai Misha has a reputation beyond reputeDavai Misha has a reputation beyond reputeDavai Misha has a reputation beyond reputeDavai Misha has a reputation beyond reputeDavai Misha has a reputation beyond reputeDavai Misha has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all Scud-Fans!!

Is anyone here going to the DavisCup? I'm staying in Melbourne for 6 months. I bought tickets for the DavisCup and I can't wait to see Mark! It will the first time I see him in reality and I like him so much! I'll take heeps of pictures and I'll try to post them here if you want!

Btw, can you recommend any good Scud websites?

Cheers,
Kath

"I felt no emotions at all. I simply could not understand what was happening. And then suddenly I felt pure happiness. ~Misha

"I've been fortunate enough to hang out with her. She's really cool and smart. She reminds me of when I was a kid, when I would be down 6-2, 5-1, and 40-15 and I knew I would win." ~Matthew Perry about Jen Capriati
Davai Misha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 06:39 AM   #53
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute

Mark
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:55 PM   #54
country flag Anik

Anik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond repute

Safina ~ Bovina ~ Hantuchova ~ Sharapova ~ Haynes ~ Na ~ Pennetta ~ Vesnina ~ Karatancheva ~ V.Williams ~ Zheng ~ Lisicki ~ Sprem ~ Myskina ~ Mokh ~ Pelletier ~ Dubois ~ Wozniak ~ Marois ~ Tetreault ~ Gloria ~ Bouchard ~ Jodoin ~ E. Abanda ~ F. Abanda
Anik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:36 PM   #55
country flag Anik

Anik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (73.0 KB, 24 views)

Safina ~ Bovina ~ Hantuchova ~ Sharapova ~ Haynes ~ Na ~ Pennetta ~ Vesnina ~ Karatancheva ~ V.Williams ~ Zheng ~ Lisicki ~ Sprem ~ Myskina ~ Mokh ~ Pelletier ~ Dubois ~ Wozniak ~ Marois ~ Tetreault ~ Gloria ~ Bouchard ~ Jodoin ~ E. Abanda ~ F. Abanda
Anik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:43 AM   #56
Pink Panther

Pink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Pepsi ad dinarasafinafan.

Mark in Shanghai [4.15.2004]

Old 04-20-2004, 12:01 AM   #57
Pink Panther

Pink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond reputePink Panther has a reputation beyond repute

flip_fan, to tell you the truth, I am not really Mark's fan but this interview was quite amusing...and long and cheesy and extremely gossipy ...so I've translated some parts of it and put them into point-form.

Flip was in Shanghai for 2 days to promote the Heineken Open this fall. He played 3 on 3 against the Oriental Sharks (?) and was capable of doing all sorts of stunts from lay-ups to reverse lay-ups to 3 pointers. In the afternoon, he also visited a tennis clinic in a university.

During the interview:
- he was eating spicy curry seafood soup and big-prawn curry rice
- he said he loves Southeast Asian food...especially hot spicy dishes and could normally eat two whole portions
- he gulped down the curry seafood soup and said he might try green curry next time since it's slightly milder
- he loves food with different tastes, but on court he's only after one taste - the taste of victory (cheesy)
- he was helping his representative from Asia (a middle-aged man whom he does not know very well) spread jam on bread
- he was also promoting one of his most favourite beverages to the interviewer: a mix of green tea, cappuccino and cocoa and said he must go to Starbucks right away to let him try it out
- this just goes to show how kind-hearted and caring he was

Dubbed the habitual "first-round loser" by the Australian Time Magazine:
- he was a collector of motorcycles...a man who was mad about speed...and an experienced surfer
- "I was young at that time and with the amount of money I was earning, I was only doing what people in my position would've done."
- "It was nothing to be proud of but neither would I regret it."
- "I've now learned from my mistakes and that's what life is all about."
- "At the moment, I only have a Harley and a Ferrari."
- "When you begin to realise what's most important in your life, these race-cars which gave me a lot of speeding tickets no longer appeal to me anymore."

On his 2003 performance:
- last year, he fired 48 aces against Agassi and eventually reached the Wimbledon final
- he coined this his "fairy-tale-like runner-up"...after having only returned to the circuit for a mere 2 months
- previously, he had spent almost half a year confined to a wheelchair
- in the Davis Cup final, he managed to come back from 2-sets down to defeat Ferrero despite suffering from back spasms
- he became the national hero of Australia and dedicated his victory to his home country

On his love-life: (told you this is gossipy)
- his ex-Moroccan model girlfriend once described this ice-cool giant as "sweet"
- he never cared about what was written in the newspaper and claimed that it would be very tiring to keep track of every single piece of news
- "I was only involved in two serious relationships and both times I introduced them to my friends."
- he admitted that Delta is his current girlfriend, a 19-yr old singer who has recently recovered from cancer
- he admires her courage...and though he doesn't like her songs all that much, if someone asks him, he will proclaim himself her fan
- during the interview, he was donning a necklace and a bracelet Delta had given him
- he admitted he had once dated Kournikova but it was only a brief fling
- asked about his thoughts on Anna: "She's a little bit mean (I guess jokingly) and asks for too much...that's all I can really say about her."

Regarding Pat Cash's criticisms:
- during the AO, Cash criticised him for not being able to stay focused and for getting distracted by the news of an ailing friend
- "Really? Is that what Cash said? That guy speaks too much."
- he asserted that what he appears to be may not necessarily be the real him...but felt that there was no need to reveal his true-self to everybody
- the only thing he really cares about is his family: "When my dad had cancer, I was reaching the all-time low in my career. I bought a lot of remedial things for myself and for my dad's illness. I can give up anything for my family."

On Rebecca Loos and David Beckham: (told you this is gossipy)
- "Beckham is one unlucky guy." (apparently Flip and Beckham both signed a contract with the same agency IMG?)
- "I've seen her (Loos) a couple of times and heard that she's a bit of a trouble-maker. Don't be mistaken, there's nothing between the two of us."
- he kept expressing how sorry he feels for Beckham and commented that "One of them (he didn't say who) is just a wolf in sheep's clothing."

On Lleyton Hewitt:
- "Once during an interview, someone asked if the two of us grew a goatee, will we play better?"
- he claimed he was not really into the seemingly fashionable goatee but said: "If I really wanted to, I could always grow one. As for Hewitt, I think you might need to buy him some glue."
- someone suggested he write an autobiography: "It'll definitely be limited edition then. Besides, it's kind of hard to picture me sitting at a desk with a pen in my hand..."

On DVDs:
- he wore a blank expression through out the press conference but when DVD was brought up, his face immediately lit up
- "Last year when I came to Shanghai, I bought so many DVDs they lasted me a good few weeks."
- he was amazed at how cheaply priced DVDs were in Shanghai (¥8 each which roughly converts to $US 1) and quickly shared this discovery with his dad
- this time around, the first thought that occurred to him when he got off the plane was to stock up on DVDs and he even brought along an extra holdall just in case
- but his two-day schedule was so tightly-packed he had to give up his only hour of rest on the second day to go shopping with his friends and translator
- ...and he was not at all disappointed...the DVDs were still priced at ¥8 each and in the end he spent a total of ¥250 (around 30 DVDs?)
- "I enjoy watching American action films...Chinese films aren't that bad either. My favourite past time is to curl up on a sofa with my mom and watch movies with Chinese subtitles."

There were also 3 quotes from Sampras, McNamara and Kournikova but blah...I can't be bothered to look them up.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:22 AM   #58
Pink Panther

One more pic.

Old 04-20-2004, 05:38 PM   #59
country flag Snoopy_Girl

Snoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pink Panther! Cool pics! And thanks for putting up the story. It's nice to know that Mark is doing SOMETHING when he's not playing tennis, hehe. And this was all last week or what?

~* Tommy Haas *~
~* Juan Carlos Ferrero *~
~* Tommy Robredo *~

Also good luck to:
Lleyton * Marat * Todd R * Thierry * Mario * ToJo * Janko * Andrei * Seb * Nono * Misha * Igor * Fab * Kirill * Frank Dancevic

Matchbox20, Maroon5, Goo Goo Dolls, Switchfoot, Lifehouse, John Mayer, Alter Bridge, Jamie Cullum, Saybia
Snoopy_Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:14 PM   #60
Pink Panther

I think he was only in Shanghai for two days Snoopy_Girl . Novak and Schalken will also be playing in the Heineken Open...as well Juanqui...but JC's such a disappointment these days.