Mark "The Scud" cheering thread!! - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-11-2006, 04:07 AM   #181
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mark "The Scud" cheering thread!!

I like the longer hair with the bandana.....looks alot like me. Hey Kristen, you know Oliver Marach you like him dont you? Anyways I know his coach Steve Solvino. Just thought I would let you know.
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #33 2014 Gerry Weber Open WINNER
Xristos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2006, 05:47 AM   #182
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xristos
I like the longer hair with the bandana.....looks alot like me. Hey Kristen, you know Oliver Marach you like him dont you? Anyways I know his coach Steve Solvino. Just thought I would let you know.
Hi Xristos! Good to see you around MTF still. I haven't been in the 'Me' thread for ages. Too hard to keep track of . Will you be at the Aus Open next year? Peta Pan (Pavel/Ljubicic fan) and I have booked accommodation already WOOHOO!)

Ahh Steve, good guy! At least, he was quite nice the few times I'd spoken to him. It was nice to chat with someone who
a) knew who Oliver Marach was
b) could get inside his head a bit.

Is he based in Australia? It was the impression that I got, but then again... his name sounds Italian, and then you've got Alberto the Italian (Oli's trainer), and Oli spending a bit of time in Italy during the year. I look like such a spastic in this photo!
Click here for that day's blog entry. But I was pretty happy at the time!!! I'm so glad Oli won a tournament last week. It was time. And now, in the top 100. First time ever I knew I picked a good player. A bit inconsistent, but good!

Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:54 AM   #183
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Oh... and, I prefer the shortish hair also. Like, still at that length that would be nice to run your fingers through, but short enough to not get in your eyes. Now I'm going to post a pic, for the sake of it... from the DC tie in 2004. Good times were had by me. My friend (the Mark fan) and I had gone to Adelaide to see this tie. Her #1 was Mark, mine was Jonas. It was a bit awkward They announced that Instead of Robin Soderling vs Mark, it would be Jonas

So, I walked over to the other side of the stands, to sit with the Swedish fans
Mark self destructed, and my friend soon joined me with the Swedes. She is a huge fan of those guys, so she wasn't ditching Mark... more like she wanted to get away from the asshole Australians bagging Mark for not putting any effort in. (Sounds familiar!) It was sad to see him lose the way he did... but I was so happy to see Jonas get the win, and secure the tie for Sweden

Where abouts are you guys from? I'm from Sydney... will probably miss the Adelaide tourney next year I think . (Depends on who goes!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jonas mark.jpg (27.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-12-2006, 04:17 AM   #184
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

Who is that guy with the long hair and the babolat bag. Yeah Steves based in Italy. I spoke to him during the open. He is a great guy.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:04 AM   #185
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

It's Rainer Eitzinger, another Austrian.
He was at Oli's matches, and he's a total sweetheart. He loaned my mate a shirt from his bag to keep her warm during the match But, it's probably the least flattering photo ever taken of him (You can see alberto's hand on his bag...pulling him backwards ^_^

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson

Last edited by Kristen : 05-13-2006 at 04:06 AM.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:17 AM   #186
country flag Lisbeth
SammySammySammy OiOiOi

Lisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

^ i love this pic... i laugh everytime when i look at marks legs, then lleytons!
I agree One of the things I loved about Flip and Lleyton playing Davis Cup together is they are such incredible physical and mental contrasts (both on and off the court) yet both threw themselves on the line for their country when it counted. A great advertisement for how tennis is really a game for a wide range of people
Lisbeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #187
country flag flip_fan

flip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond repute

In alot of ways mark and lleyton are like chalk and cheese... but i think over the years they have gotten to know eachother and have more in common then they first thought. I really hope mark can overcome the injuries and have a good grass season and force his way back in the DC team. Its not the same without him.

some more cute pics of mark and lleyton:

Old 05-14-2006, 05:38 AM   #188
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Lleyton should never ever do that to his hair again. Hair suits him. Hair a la Logies 2006. Nice pictures...

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Old 05-17-2006, 07:34 AM   #189
country flag Xristos

But on topic.....whats next for Mark?
Old 05-17-2006, 12:18 PM   #190
country flag flip_fan

flip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond repute

good news, mark is scheduled to play surbiton challenger(england) 31stmay - 5june.. i will be so glad to see mark back on grass!
Old 05-18-2006, 03:18 PM   #191
country flag Xristos

Good good. Hopefully do well in Wimbly.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:55 AM   #192
country flag H_E_L_L_A_S

H_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond repute

Challenger tourneys, thats fairly dissapointing why didnt he try get a wild card into the French
H_E_L_L_A_S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:22 AM   #193
country flag flip_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_E_L_L_A_S
Challenger tourneys, thats fairly dissapointing why didnt he try get a wild card into the French
because he knew that would be a waste of time.. he is using the french open to get his fitness in top gear for the grass season. Challenegers are definately the right option - he is lacking match play and confidence.

No official news yet on surbiton but i hope he's playing...

new article:

Scud given Stella invite
Sportal

Former champion and Wimbledon finalist, Mark Philippoussis, has been given a wild card for the prestigious Stella Artois Championships in London.

The Scud, who won the Stella Artois title in 1997, was granted the invitation along with American Mardy Fish and 2005 Wimbledon quarterfinalist Feliciano Lopez, but the trio will have their work cut out for them as they enter a 56-man field containing six of the world's top ten players.

Fellow Australian and three-time winner, Lleyton Hewitt, will also be competing, along with World No.2 Rafael Nadal and defending champion Andy Roddick, while Tim Henman, Greg Rusedski and Andy Murray will be flying the flag for Britain.

Philippoussis reached a career-high ranking of world No.8, but the 29-year-old is currently languishing at No. 167 after enduring a nightmare few years compounded with injury.

He has only played a handful of games this year, but Philippoussis' big-serve is always a major factor on grass and the Melbournian will be hoping the 27-year-old tournament in Hammersmith provides an ideal building block to get his career back on track
Old 05-31-2006, 04:28 PM   #194
country flag Xristos

Is he ganna play? It would be great if he does...
Old 06-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #195
country flag H_E_L_L_A_S

H_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond repute

Hope he goes well
H_E_L_L_A_S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote