Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Tennis Channel

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  angiel 
#1 ·
'Duel under the Oaks' Feature to Air on Tennis Channel

Courtesy: LSU Sports Interactive

Release: 11/22/2006

BATON ROUGE -- Both of the LSU tennis teams will be featured on The Tennis Channel in a one-hour documentary on “Duel Under the Oaks,” a charity event that was hosted by LSU in October.

“Charity Jam: Pete Sampras Katrina Relief,” is a one-hour special which will first air Thursday night at 7 p.m.

The special will show highlights from all the events that took place during “Duel Under the Oaks,” including a youth tennis clinic, tennis exhibitions with LSU tennis players and local celebrities and the main event of Pete Sampras against Todd Martin. The documentary will also show an interview with LSU men’s tennis head coach Jeff Brown.

“This is a great opportunity to showcase LSU tennis and all the great effort put in by so many people to make the event possible to a national audience,” Brown said. “Hopefully the tennis community will get to enjoy the documentary over the Thanksgiving holidays.”

“Duel Under the Oaks,” which was sponsored by the Irene W. and C.B. Pennington Foundation, helped raise more than $400,000 for LSU Health Sciences Center students impacted by the hurricanes that ripped through Louisiana in 2005.

Charity Jam is a documentary series produced by The Tennis Channel that showcases current and former tennis pros giving back to the community.

The Tennis Channel
Charity Jam: Pete Sampras Katrina Relief airtimes

(all times central)

Nov. 23, 2006
7 p.m.
11 p.m.

Nov. 24, 2006
7:30 a.m.

Nov. 25, 2006
12:30 p.m.

Nov. 26, 2006
10:30 a.m.

See less See more
#2 ·
I watched this last night. I found it disappointing. It was only a half hour long and it just didn't really show anything nice. It would've been better if it were an hour and they could show more highlights of the matches and stuff.

#6 ·
They showed what that article said they would show but since it was only a half hour it was kind of choppy and you didn't get to see much.

#8 ·
I bring this back up to ask if any of you know that Pete has invested in The Tennis Channel? I'm trying to get as many people as possible to contact DirecTV to request that they get The Tennis Channel. They don't have it now and don't really seem interested in getting it :sad: So it is going to take a lot of requests to make them get The Tennis Channel.

#9 ·
Yes he has, but I don't really see how it is relevant to TTC making deals with DirecTV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.