Thread for all NICOLAS KIEFER supporters - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2004, 04:17 PM   #121
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thread for all NICOLAS KIEFER supporters

These rain delays have screwed Kiwi all up!!!

He was up a break in the 3rd but then they came back out & he was broken. Then he was serving that dreaded 4-5 game and (of course!!) lost his serve and the set!! I had a feeling that it would go 4 but I forgot to add in the rain as a factor. Kiwi just need to hang on to his concentration and finish it off.

6-4 6-4 4-6

30 ALL, on serve in the 4th, Kiwi serving at 0-1

C'mon Kiwi!!!
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2004, 04:55 PM   #122
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Nico just lost the fourth set 3-6

Now into the final set
Please fight, Kiwi
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:39 PM   #123

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

This rain is throwing him off!!

I don't mean to take any credit away from his opponent because he's good as well but we also know how fragile Kiwi's concentration can be. And these rain delays are exposing that weakness.
GSTAAD - WINNER

Last edited by Tricky_Forehand : 06-21-2004 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:04 PM   #124
country flag MissPovaFan

MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Latest Score:- Nicolas Kiefer v Thomas Johansson 6-4 6-4 4-6 3-6 2-2 (Kiefer Serving)
MissPovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 06:38 PM   #125
country flag Balaenopteramusculus

Balaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond repute

Omg he lost after leading 2-0 in sets and being up a break in third typical Kiefer. Now I've got a question to those who saw the match.Did he tank that 5th set or what?His stats were dramaticaly bad.
Balaenopteramusculus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 06:58 PM   #126
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Das war echt zum kotzen grade, Mehr kann ich dazu nich mehr sagen.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 07:23 PM   #127
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, what the fuck happened here.... I left the house as he was up 2-0 sets and a break and coming back I see that he lost... I'm completely shocked right now

fucking rain delays, he was playing superb tennis exactly as needed against Johansson during the first two sets!

he started so well what I was seeing on TV and when I came back home he lost... oh noooooooooooooooo

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 11:55 PM   #128

VERY disappointed in Kiwi

Going by the SB it seemed like the "old Nicolas" showed up. The one that when he gets down stays down and refuses to fight. He's not a natural fighter so he has to work on it and it's not always going to be there. I wish I knew why he through away that 5th. I'm sure he could've made a run if he really wanted to.

I just hope he pulls himself back together in time for LA because he has SF points to defend and he's worked too hard to get to 33 to drop back to the 50s.
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 06-22-2004, 12:09 AM   #129
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

that fifth set was really bad, I saw a few points in a short recap on TV and he seemed to having lost his patience and tried many stupid shots.

I don't know why he lost his rhythm so badly and allowed Johansson to get back into this match... as we all know the final result now, I know it's cheap to say after all that that "I had a bad feeling" as I left knowing that the match was delayed due to rain, but it is somehow true... Kiwi also wasn't happy about that, you could see this by his reaction as he said to the chair umpire "it isn't raining at all" because he wanted to continue as he was very hot in this moment just after breaking Johansson for *3-2 in third set.

Well, the 5th set was really bad then (at the beginning of it was 4th rain delay, delays included the match lasted almost 6 hours and 30 minutes) and the worst thing that could happen actually happened: Kiwi seemed to have lost his complete confidence and belief and as a consequence he stopped fighting and just let the match go by as he probably knew that Johansson won't let him off the hook anymore.

Okay, enough of that... I will hope for matches with a better end now for Kiwi

Nicolas

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 07-05-2004, 07:55 AM   #130

Happy 27th Birthday to Kiwi

It's hard to believe that he's already 27. Then again, I'm 26 and I started to follow his career in '95 .
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 07-05-2004, 09:12 AM   #131
country flag Neely
-

Happy Birthday, Kiwi!!!!

Old 07-06-2004, 05:58 AM   #132
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday, Nico

Hope he will have a great tennis career for many years to come
Old 07-06-2004, 06:15 PM   #133
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfh_9118
Hope he will have a great tennis career for many years to come

glad to see you coming here again!

from Kiwi's official homepage!
Quote:
Seit Tagen fällt mir, wann immer ich auf meine Homepage clicke, der Eintrag von "Kiwi's last match" ins Auge. Der muß weg, schnellstens. Da muß eine positivere Meldung hin!

L.A., Indy, Toronto, Cinncinati - vier Wochen, in denen ich die Weichen wieder auf positive Nachrichten stellen möchte. In den USA habe ich ja auch im Frühjahr ein gutes Pflaster für mich vorgefunden oder korrekter gesagt, einen guten Hartplatz. Zudem fliege ich vor der deutschen Kälte weg.

Wie habe ich Wimbledon verarbeitet? Erst einmal, in dem ich ein paar tage total ausgespannt, das Handy ausgelassen und keinen Tennisschläger angefaßt habe. Die Pause tat gut. Dann aber habe ich mich wieder ins Konditionstraining gestürzt.

Gestern dann eine ruhige, aber sehr schöne Geburtstagsfeier. Danke für die Wünsche, die auch hier im Gästebuch eingetragen wurden und bis bald!

Euer KIWI
for the non-German speakers:

Kiwi is saying that
- he wants to have to disappear the bad news in the "last match" section ASAP, in other words, he wants to get a win
- when going to the US tournaments, he is hoping to continue at this point where he ended (two finals in a row)
- he is glad he can espace the cold weather in Germany
- after his Wimbledon loss he relaxed a few days, switched off his mobile phone and didn't take a racket in his hands for some days
- after that he picked up his practise again
- he had a quiet, but a very nice birthday
- he thanks all the people for the wishes and those who signed his guestbook to wish him a happy birthday!

Kiwi

Old 07-07-2004, 07:19 AM   #134
country flag kfh_9118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely

glad to see you coming here again!

from Kiwi's official homepage!

for the non-German speakers:

Kiwi is saying that
- he wants to have to disappear the bad news in the "last match" section ASAP, in other words, he wants to get a win
- when going to the US tournaments, he is hoping to continue at this point where he ended (two finals in a row)
- he is glad he can espace the cold weather in Germany
- after his Wimbledon loss he relaxed a few days, switched off his mobile phone and didn't take a racket in his hands for some days
- after that he picked up his practise again
- he had a quiet, but a very nice birthday
- he thanks all the people for the wishes and those who signed his guestbook to wish him a happy birthday!

Kiwi
Thanks for the Kiwi's news Neely
Sorry, I just read your PM yesterday, have been very busy lately with my work.

Hope Nico can put away his lost in Wimbledon (must be a very tough lost for him ), and get a good result again next week (I assume he will play in german next week).

Go Go KIWI
Old 07-07-2004, 07:28 AM   #135
country flag kfh_9118

Ok, just found out that Nico will play in LA next week

Good luck to him