Thread for all NICOLAS KIEFER supporters - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-22-2004, 04:04 AM   #286
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thread for all NICOLAS KIEFER supporters

Congrats on the great accomplishment for both Kiwi and Rainer

Silver is indeed a very good achievement. We all are so proud of you both

Hope this great form will continue in US Open
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2004, 08:02 AM   #287
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

rrfnpump is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 02:48 PM   #288
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, Kiwi and Rainer almost had the match in their hands, but almost is not enough

Excellent effort by the Germans. I am sorry that they lost gold, but they WON the silver and that's a huge accomplishment. They are Olympic champions and nobody can take that away from them. Thanks to them for giving us a great men's doubles final. Be proud, Kiwi and Rainer!!
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:17 PM   #289
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

in Germany we have a saying that translates approximately like the following:

"If you're fighting, you still may come up empty-handed at the end, but if you don't even try to fight, you already have nothing before it began."

Kiwi may not stop fighting, he has to realise that he has to keep it up in his next time, and the next match could be already the one when it pays off.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:40 PM   #290
country flag sol

sol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond repute

Good work, Kiwi!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ujo/Noel37.gif

->Support the Fabrice "The Magic" Santoro Forum Request<-

sol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 09:17 AM   #291
country flag Space Cowgirl

Space Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
in Germany we have a saying that translates approximately like the following:

"If you're fighting, you still may come up empty-handed at the end, but if you don't even try to fight, you already have nothing before it began."

Kiwi may not stop fighting, he has to realise that he has to keep it up in his next time, and the next match could be already the one when it pays off.
I really hope so, Neely. I thought he played great in the match, he was so fired up. Then afterwards he looked like he wanted to kill himself . The tv commentator said that he looked like "the suffering Jesus" on the podium So true.

Rainer = Lion
Kiwi = Scarecrow
Tommy = Tin Man
Flo = Dorothy

...but I still love 'em

Member #2 of Waskeholics United
Space Cowgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:06 PM   #292
country flag piya

piya is on a distinguished road

Men's Tennis Doubles
Germans Crushed After Epic Match
In a five-set match that reached high drama long after midnight, Nicolas Kiefer and Rainer Schüttler fought hard to live up to Germany's former tennis legends. But in the end, it was the Chileans who celebrated their first-ever Olympic gold.

Nicolas Massu and Fernando Gonzalez won Chile's first ever Olympic gold medal when they beat Germany's Kiefer and Schüttler 6-2, 4-6, 3-6, 7-6 (9/7) 6-4 in the men's doubles final.

Long into the night, the German duo played hard to come out of the shadows of their legendary countrymen, Boris Becker and Michael Stich, who took home gold in the event at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics. When the match was over at 2:39 a.m. Athens time, their disappointment was clearly visible. Nicolas Kiefer just buried his head and cried tears of exhaustion and frustration, while Schüttler just stared stoically at the court, unable to comprehend his fate.

The two young Germans were so close to matching their childhood heroes. After a surprise advance into the final, their dreams were clearly set on gold. "Ahead of the tournament, I would have been very happy with silver. Now I'm only disappointed," Kiefer confided, watching Gozalez and Masssu throwing themselves into each other's arms and rolling on the court.

"It is so brutal. Such a chance only comes once in a lifetime," Kiefer lamented.

Close call

Gold was within the Germans' reach: After four sets, the fifth set tie-breaker was a center-court drama. The Germans started the set out strong, leading 6:2, but then the Chileans saved four match points and pulled ahead when Schüttler's return on the third match ball went long. "At 6:2 in the tie-breaker, I thought we had it made, but now I'm speechless," said the German's team coach Patrik Kühnen, when the Chileans broke through the tie-breaker.

In the end, Kiefer and Schüttler were crushed, watching their "childhood dream" slip away. But their opponents rejoiced, especially Gonzalez, who had spent a total of seven hours on the court after winning bronze in the men's singles on Saturday.

Comforting words from tennis legends

Watching the match from afar, Germany's tennis legends were full of comforting words for Kiefer and Schüttler. "It's too bad, but that's the way it is in sports. In a few days, I hope they will realize that silver is a great accomplishment," Stich said in a message.

Boris Becker, despite retirement still Germany's most prominent tennis star, told his younger countrymen to focus on the positive aspects: "The boys played excellent, and we have a world-class double team. I myself learned the most out of my losses. If they can overcome them, they'll be even stronger."

Kiefer-fan Steffi Graf also sent her words of support after the match. "We really wanted it (gold) for them. Andre and I really like Nicolas Kiefer. He has such a big fighting heart, a lot of talent, and he's such a great guy," the wife of US tennis star Andre Agassi said.

Silver as incentive

In a week the US Open begins and the German team is ready to go for victory. "I'm taking my medal with me to New York," Kiefer said Sunday on his way back home to Hanover. The silver will serve as a reminder and incentive, he said: "I don't ever want to relive such a terrible loss."

For the Chilean team, the gold in doubles is spurring Massu on to bring home another Olympic win when he faces off against Mardy Fish of the United States in men's singles final on Sunday. (ktz)
piya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:41 PM   #293
country flag RodFan08

RodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for the report piya, such a shame they lost. I'm still sad about it
RodFan08 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:52 PM   #294
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for posting that. i love that kief is taking the silver medal to new york with him! now if anyone gives him sass, he can just whip it out! go kief !!!
Old 08-23-2004, 04:48 PM   #295
country flag sol

sol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article!

Quote:
<<"It is so brutal. Such a chance only comes once in a lifetime," Kiefer lamented.>>
I understand the Kiwi’s frustration. Nico still is young and maybe has another opportunity, hopefully. I Know, this is more painful than to lose in first round, since they felt so near Olympic gold and inclusively they had 4 MPS and did not obtain it. They left in the way the great pairs of players to open the draw and to have this big chance. Kiwi has been very unfortunate in finals, but this has been but the hardest for him. Nevertheless, Kiwi is very talented, he must stay focused and not to lose the compass as this it has been his best year since 1999.

Perhaps, his weakness is to handle the pressure in decisive matches and needs to still work this aspect of his game.

Quote:
<<"I don't ever want to relive such a terrible loss.">>
I agree. He is a professional and the one must leave to a side his disappointment and put his focus in the USO, and the remainder of the ATP season.

Quote:
<<“The TV commentator said that he looked like "the suffering Jesus" on the podium”>>
This is a logical reaction since they longed for gold. Mardy also cried on the podium.. Nobody wants to lose in a so momentous match!.

Go Kiwi. Good luck for the USO.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ujo/Noel37.gif

->Support the Fabrice "The Magic" Santoro Forum Request<-

Last edited by sol(#) : 08-23-2004 at 04:50 PM.
sol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:14 AM   #296
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

I LOVE U NICOLAS...you are still the Olympian with the golden heart to us!
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:36 AM   #297
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiteami
I LOVE U NICOLAS...you are still the Olympian with the golden heart to us!
welcome at the forum

and BTW... this was a very good first post and I'm glad you found the way to his forum

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 08-25-2004, 01:03 AM   #298
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the warm welcome.I just wanted to say that I had the chnace to know Nicolas a little in real life and he is so adorable,loving and he takes the time to talk to you.Tennis players are NOT all like that.He is a very concentrated on his game and doesn,t spend his time at the hotel bar..like other players..And Rainer is nice too.
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:13 AM   #299
country flag Neely
-

exactly, I'm glad you got it right and share the same views like I do about his person.
It's good to see that there are enough people who are also considering his personality off-court and noticed that he is really loving and warmhearted, and not just judge him by his behaviour while playing on court (yes, he occasionally breaks rackets... yes, he is swearing... yes, he is arguing calls...) what mostly leads to a negative impression.

yes, I agree also on Rainer. In my eyes, he is a great person, too!

Old 08-25-2004, 01:28 AM   #300
country flag RodFan08

RodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiteami
Thank you for the warm welcome.I just wanted to say that I had the chnace to know Nicolas a little in real life and he is so adorable,loving and he takes the time to talk to you.Tennis players are NOT all like that.He is a very concentrated on his game and doesn,t spend his time at the hotel bar..like other players..And Rainer is nice too.
How close were u w/ him? How did u meet him? That's so cool that u met him & more importantly he seems really cool. Glad I'm not the only new comer here. Hope u enjoy u're time in the German Tennis forum. I know Neely already said it,but welcome
RodFan08 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote