Thread for all NICOLAS KIEFER supporters - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-26-2004, 03:33 AM   #181
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thread for all NICOLAS KIEFER supporters

Neely, can you translate his entry for us please? I would love to hear what he has to say. He's had two very good weeks and I feel he just ran out of gas today against Andy, and Andy woke up a little bit for this match too. I hope that a day off will be enough rest for him to put up a great fight against Safin.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2004, 04:12 AM   #182
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Kiwi

I am so proud of him despite losing the final. I honestly didn't believe he would be in another final last week judging from the draw.

Of course Tommy's withdrawal ease his path

Keep it going Kiwi
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 12:47 PM   #183
country flag Space Cowgirl

Space Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
Neely, can you translate his entry for us please? I would love to hear what he has to say. He's had two very good weeks and I feel he just ran out of gas today against Andy, and Andy woke up a little bit for this match too. I hope that a day off will be enough rest for him to put up a great fight against Safin.
Fee, I can do a translation for you (hope you don't mind, Neely!)

"25.07.2004 : ...and despite this, happy
Who would have thought after Wimbledon that I would get to the final in my following two tournaments? Of course it is crap that I lost to Roddick, but I didn't have a chance [against him] and despite [the loss] I am satisfied with how the tournament went. I could not find my way into the game. Up to 30 minutes before the match began it had been raining, so I only had a limited time to warm up with my coach. I was broken near the start of the match, from then on I was constantly playing catchup. My returns were also poor.
Now I'm off to catch my flight to Toronto. Different balls and - so it's said - a slower surface. I need to get training straightaway [on it]. I play on Tuesday. Safin is obviously a difficult opponent, but I'm heading in to the tournament with a positive outlook
In doubles I'm playing with Rainer Schüttler ( ). It's our last test before Athens
OK, gotta go, otherwise I'll miss my flight! One final thing: thank you all for your great support in the guestbook here!"

It's a rough translation, not word-for-word, as a lot of German phrases just can't be translated into English, but I've got the overall sense. I think it's so cool that Kiwi updates his homepage so often. Wish Rainer was as "fleissig"

Rainer = Lion
Kiwi = Scarecrow
Tommy = Tin Man
Flo = Dorothy

...but I still love 'em

Member #2 of Waskeholics United
Space Cowgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 03:14 PM   #184
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cadet
Fee, I can do a translation for you (hope you don't mind, Neely!)
no, of course not!
you have the advantage that English is your 1st language over me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfh_9118
Of course Tommy's withdrawal ease his path.
yeah, but withdrawing is the minimum thing Tommy can do to the favor of Kiwi
he won the final against him so he should be glad that he got his 2nd tournament this year already and not make it difficult again for Kiwi

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 05:27 PM   #185
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks SpaceCadet. That is a pretty good thing to hear from Nic. He sounds genuinely upbeat, not just feeding us a story. I think he has a solid chance against Safin if he has his energy and his legs feel good. Fingers crossed for him.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:41 AM   #186
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Vierte Finalniederlage frustriert Nicolas Kiefer
http://www.handelsblatt.com/pshb/fn/.../SH/0/depot/0/

Nachdem Nicolas Kiefer sein viertes Finale in diesem Jahr verloren hat, zeigt sich der 27-Jährige selbst kritisch: "Gegen solche Gegner muss man halt eine Schippe drauflegen, und das ist mir heute nicht gelungen."

"Es wird allmählich langweilig", kommentierte Nicolas Kiefer seine Finalniederlage von Indianapolis gegen Titelverteidiger Andy Roddick (USA). Mit 2:6 und 3:6 verlor er das vierte Finale in diesem Jahr: "Jedesmal sage ich: nächstes Mal, und dann klappt es doch wieder nicht."

Muss eine Schippe drauflegen

Memphis, Scottsdale, Los Angeles, Indianapolis - vier Finals und vier Niederlagen auf dem Weg zum heißersehnten ersten Turniersieg seit Oktober 2000. In Indianapolis war es der 21-jährige Andy Roddick, der Kiefer in nur 58 Minuten als Verlierer vom Platz schickte. "Gegen solche Gegner muss man halt eine Schippe drauflegen, und das ist mir heute nicht gelungen", stellte Kiefer nüchtern fest.

Selbstkritik war früher nicht gerade seine Stärke, es ist nicht der einzige Aspekt, den Kiefer geändert hat. Kampf, Leidenschaft, Engagement, Emotionen, all das ist in sein Spiel zurückgekehrt und hat den sensiblen und eigenwilligen Niedersachsen wieder zu einem echten Spitzenmann der Branche gemacht. "Natürlich bin ich enttäuscht, weil ich wirklich gerne mal wieder so ein Ding gewinnen möchte", sagte er nach der Pleite gegen Roddick: "Aber bis zum Finale habe ich gut gespielt, und das stimmt mich positiv."

Kiefer fühlt sich in Nordamerika wohl

Auf den nordamerikanischen Hartplätzen fühlt sich Kiefer besonders wohl, und so will er den Schwung der letzten Monate auch ins sechste Masters-Turnier des Jahres in dieser Woche in Toronto mitnehmen. Der Auftaktgegner Marat Safin ist ein harter Brocken, bei den US Open 2002 verlor Kiefer gegen den Russen ein episches Fünfsatzmatch in der ersten Runde.

Bis Athen ohne Trainer unterwegs

Die Reise nach Toronto trat Kiefer am Sonntagabend nur in Begleitung seines Physiotherapeuten Ralf Nonnemann an. Sein Coach Thomas Hogstedt, dem seit Anfang des Jahres ein großer Anteil an dem gelungenen Comeback gebührt, ist wegen einer privaten Angelegenheit für zwei Wochen in seine schwedische Heimat geflogen. Kiefer schob möglichen Spekulationen um einen erneuten Trainerwechsel gleich einen Riegel vor: "Dieser Termin stand seit Januar fest. Thomas und ich treffen uns in Athen wieder."

Bis dahin will sich der 27-Jährige als sein eigener Reiseleiter probieren: "Ich finde es gut, mal alles selber regeln zu müssen, das ist wieder eine ganz neue Erfahrung." Schließlich sei Branchenprimus Roger Federer seit Jahresbeginn ohne Coach unterwegs, was seiner Form ja nicht unbedingt geschadet habe.

Green Card ist noch nicht beantragt

In der kommenden Woche steht gleich das nächste Masters in Cincinnati auf dem Programm. Anschließend kehrt Kiefer wegen der Olympischen Spiele in Athen nach Europa zurück, um dann Ende August bei den US Open wieder in New York aufzuschlagen. "Schade, dass Olympia nicht in den USA ist, hier fühle ich mich richtig wohl", sagt er, fügt aber schnell hinzu, dass er keinerlei Ambitionen hat, seinen Wohnsitz nach Übersee zu verlegen: "Eine Green Card habe ich noch nicht beantragt."
wow, good to know that Kiwi is without coach until the Olympic games, I didn't know that before I read this article!

he further says:
- comments his final loss as "it's getter rather boring", meaning it's nothing new to him losing all these finals
- he said he should have raised his game against Roddick but he was not able to
- played well until the final
- he's looking forward how it feels travelling without coach and managing some things on his own, like Federer since the beginning of this year
- even though he feels comfortable on US hardcourt soil, he is not planning to emigrate to the USA

Good luck against Safin!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 07-28-2004, 10:55 PM   #187
country flag Neely
-

Kiwi defeats Marat 6-7(3) 6-4 7-6(2)

very good effort, Kiwi!!!!

it was just a 1st round win, but the opponent for you (and also from Marat's view) was not easy and this win give confidence and it's a good sign that Kiwi was able to overcome the disappointment of seven consecutive lost finals (four in this year already ).

Also it helps some fuckers to shut up who have no more imagination than saying Kiwi just can win against "no-name players" like Carraz, Weiner, de Voest and gets lucky with his draw, because now Kiwi has beaten a bigger name with Marat.

this 1st round win meant a lot and it was important for him to overcome the memories of the US Open 2002 match as Marat came away pulling out the 5th set tiebreaker. Now Kiwi won the desisive set tiebreak!

For Marat I hope he is winning next week then, because I like him too and he can play better than he was able to show us... but at the moment, I'm just so glad for Kiwi!

Old 07-29-2004, 02:06 AM   #188
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
Nicolas Kiefer - July 28

(partial transcript)

What was the difference you thought in the match today? It seemed like both of you took turns being in control.

A. Well, I mean, I had a great start. I was up very quick 4-1 and then at this point I knew it's not going to be over because he's a great fighter and he showed it also today. He came back. I played a terrible tie-breaker, made three or four very easy mistakes and this shouldn't happen. I mean, when I do this, I could save maybe much more time but you never how it's going to be then. Second set he was up a break to zero but with me I try to stay in focus and fight for every ball, and that's the reason why I won also this set and the third set. I never gave up. This is my strengths, what I get back now, and I'm working very hard and you can just win by fighting and that's what I do at the moment. And especially at the big points I played great tennis today, and with this I'm very happy.

Q. Have you been having more fun on the court in the last year or so?

A. When you win, it makes it much easier. No, but, I mean, last year I changed my coach and we worked a lot together, we talked a lot together, and this helps also. And of course when you win, you get much more confidence and it makes it easier and at this stage, I mean, when it's very close, you don't think, you just do it. Before maybe sometime when you were injured or here or there you just -- you don't know what to do. But at the moment I feel very comfortable on the court. I move good. Sometimes maybe I could adjust a little bit more my legs to the ball but it's small things I can still improve, and there is my goal for the season.

Q. Nicolas, what's it like playing against somebody who is as unpredictable at Marat?

A. Yeah. It's not easy. I mean, he's shooting all over the court and most of the time the ball it goes in so it was very tough. I just had to focus on my games and then just mix it up at his games a little bit and then that's the reason why I broke him. That's the reason why I won.

Q. Both of you seemed to really make mistakes and then recover from them and it seemed like in the end he made the mistakes in the end and you didn't. Did you feel that out there today that this really was balanced in who not necessarily could hit winners but avoid making mistakes?

A. No. I see totally different. I made him making the mistakes. I mean, first, you have to try to make this and then when I had my chances I was going for winners and this I think, if you're smart enough, you see it and you do it.

Q. Could you just talk a little bit more about that third set because, like, that was so back and forth and then when you went into the tie-breaker it was roadrunner, you just shot away with it?

A. Well, I mean, as I said, it's not easy to play against Marat because, I mean, my serves came, they went pretty easy every time and his serves, they were very tough every time we went over 30 all or deuce. I mean, sometimes it went very easy but, as I said, in these playoffs you don't get so many chances but if you have a chance, you have to take them, and this is what I did.

Q. How confident are you right now in relation to the last few years? How are you feeling?

A. Compared to last year, very good because I didn't play here.

Old 07-29-2004, 06:56 AM   #189
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Kiwi

Good luck next round
Old 07-29-2004, 09:41 PM   #190
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Kiefer - Ferrer 6-3 6-1

an easy win with 3 breaks in the 2nd set. I watched Ferrer - Larose on tv and I saw that he wouldn't have a chance against Kiefer.

So go on Kiwi for another final!!!
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 05:01 AM   #191
country flag kfh_9118

Kiwi def. Moya 6-4 2-6 6-4

Another QF for Nicolas
Old 07-30-2004, 02:56 PM   #192
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

He reached only one Masters SF in his career (Montreal), so it's time for another!!!

With a win against Melzer, he would be in the entry top 20. Melzer is difficult to play, but Kiefer has always defeated him before and so I have a good feeling for that match.

come on Kiwi
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 09:57 AM   #193
country flag kfh_9118

Kiwi lost to Andy again in the SF 5-7 3-6

At least the score looked better than last week.
Bravo to Nicolas for his very good performance in US hardcourt tourneys

Btw, where is Neely? He hasn't online for a few days now
Old 08-05-2004, 05:10 AM   #194
country flag EHendrick

EHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible draw in Cincy. I really wanted Keifer to win against Andy.
EHendrick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:57 AM   #195
country flag snoop

snoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfh_9118
Btw, where is Neely? He hasn't online for a few days now
maybe she is trying to eliminate Roddick

the Andy matches really suck but I am sure he will win at least one set the next time
snoop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote