Thread for all NICOLAS KIEFER supporters - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-21-2004, 10:01 PM   #166
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thread for all NICOLAS KIEFER supporters

Kiwi OUTGUNS Karlovic 6-0 7-6(0)

well, the 1st set was a blowout as Karlovic's 1st serve percentage was very low... Kiwi was back with a break in the 2nd set early, broke back, broke again and was serving for the match... but the choked and got broken back by Karlovic. He needed a tiebreak to win the 2nd set and the match then.

But at least I'm glad that this tiebreak was a bit more relaxed than Rainer's today against Seppi

all in all, well done, Kiwi!!!

he has a big chance now to win his 2nd match too! TAKE THIS CHANCE!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2004, 06:50 AM   #167
User ID 4783

User ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond repute

Super Kiwi
User ID 4783 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 07:09 PM   #168
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win for the best German player.

Kiefer - de Voest 6-1 7-5

So one to go and we will probably have the chance to see him on Eurosport, but not live.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 08:28 PM   #169
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

glad that he got this one... it was a must-win match for him...

the next match against the winner of Bogomolov Jr./Srichaphan will be more difficult!

Kiwi leads the H2H against Srichaphan 2-1, but both wins are coming from 1999, where Kiefer played his best tennis and Srichaphan was a class above him. In 2003, Srichaphan defeated Kiwi in a blowout

2003 Long Island, Srichaphan 6-0 6-2
1999 Tokyo Outdoor Kiefer 2-6 3-6
1999 Hong Kong, Kiefer 1-6 4-6

Kiwi leads the H2H against Bogomolov Jr. 2-0, but also Bogie is a different player this year than he was back in 2002/2003 and one win from 2003 was extremely close.

2003 Tokyo, Kiefer 5-7 6-7(7)
2002 Los Angeles, Kiefer 3-6 3-6

No matter who his opponent his, he should better be on his game!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 07-22-2004 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:57 AM   #170
country flag Neely
-

Kiwi def. Paradorn 7-6(7) 7-6(5)

ONE HELL OF A MATCH FROM BOTH PLAYERS

if you don't have the time to read through the scoring thread, here is a short summary how the match was going:

- Kiwi broken at *1-2 for 1-3* but got the break right back
- Kiwi was behind 2-6 in the tiebreaker but Paradorn double faulted away two set points and Kiwi was able to come back
- Kiwi saved again another set point at *6-7 for Paradorn, and was holding both serves
- the Pardorn sent a shot long, game 1st set Kiefer!
- good start for Kiwi in the 2nd set, got an early break for *3-1, but was broken right back to 3-2*
- Kiwi broke again to make it *5-3 with the chance to serve out the match!
- but was again broken and Paradorn stayed in this match
- he saved another dangerous situation at 5-5 30-30 with a brilliant play they said to make it 40-30 instead of 30-40
- this is how the 2nd set tiebreak was going: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=167

The commentator on the radio said that this will be one memorable match and one of the best they ever saw there in Indy despite both players had over 60 unforced errors, but that's not such a great surprise considering that they played much more than 200 points.

Match duration: 2 hours 35 minutes (and this was just a two setter)
the first set lasted about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

BTW, the first seven games went over UNCOUNTABLE DEUCES on both players' serves, I don't remember how long these games lastes, but it must have been about 50 minutes or even more.

Congrats, Kiwi!!!
I'm proud of you!

to Paradorn, he was also responsible to make it a great match and he is a classy guy, even in defeat!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KieferSrichaphan.jpg (36.0 KB, 5 views)

Old 07-24-2004, 07:45 AM   #171
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

The week isn't over yet but I have to say how very proud of Kiwi that I am. I know that I'm sounding like a broken record but Nicolas is showing the type of fight that I knew he had in him but hasn't showed for so long. Fighting doesn't come easy for Kiwi. I'm only worried about how much more he may have left to give. I'll be proud of him regardless of how this weekend ends.

GO KIWI!!
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 03:17 PM   #172
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
Kiefer: "It wasn't easy conditions out there. Yesterday it was very hot and humid. Tonight wasn't that warm but the balls were heavy and you feel it in your body and I didn't have energy and didn't have the power but I just have to work hard day by day and that is my goal and this is what I'm working for. I took my chances and I was fighting and staying in there the whole time and that's the reason I won."

(On converting one of 14 break points in the first set) "I had to try and take my chances. I was down 3-1 and I was in every game. I had so many break chances and I kept thinking I could still do it. This is one strength I got back and I'm fighting for every point. I probably could have saved one hour if I converted those break points."

(on coming back in tie-break) "I was down 2-6 in the tie-break and then I come back to win 9-7. Last week against Tommy I was up 5-1 in the tie-break and then I lost 8-6. So you never know what's going to happen."

(On playing Carraz) "He has a very good serve and I have to return very well against him."

Carraz: "I knew I was fresh after only playing a few matches the last couple of weeks. Physically and mentally I'm fresh and ready to play a lot of matches, that's why I'm ready to play four matches this week."

(On playing Kiefer or Srichaphan) "Those players are used to playing in semifinals and they have big wins. They have been in the Top 10 and I have nothing to lose. I'm going to take my chances."

--------------------------------------------------
from Yahoo Germany

Quote:
Kiefer erreicht Halbfinale von Indianapolis
Sa 24 Jul, 10:26 Uhr

Beim ATP-Turnier in Indianapolis bleibt Nicolas Kiefer im Titelrennen. Im Viertelfinale bezwang der 27 Jahre alte Hannoveraner den an Nummer vier gesetzten Thailänder Paradorn Srichaphan in einem "Marathon-Match" von 2:33 Stunden mit 7:6 (9:7), 7:6 (7:5).

In der Vorschlussrunde am Samstagabend trifft der an Nummer zwölf eingestufte Daviscupspieler sechs Tage nach seiner Endspiel-Niederlage von Los Angeles gegen Tommy Haas auf den ungesetzten Franzosen Gregory Carraz, der sich gegen den Israeli Noam Okun mit 4:6, 6:3, 6:2 durchsetzte. Das zweite Semifinale bestreiten US-Titelverteidiger Andy Roddick (6:2, 6:3 gegen den Slowaken Dominik Hrbaty) und der Kroate Ivan Ljubicic (5:7, 7:5, 6:2 gegen den Franzosen Sebastien Grosjean).

"Hätte es mir leichter machen können"

Kiefer ärgerte sich nach seinem Erfolg gegen den aufschlagschwachen Asiaten über insgesamt 15 vergebene Break-Chancen: "Ich hätte es mir viel leichter machen können. Hätte ich die Break-Punkte genutzt, hätte das Match eine Stunde weniger gedauert."

Fehlende Konsequenz glich der Niedersachse besonders im Tiebreak des ersten Satzes mit Kampfgeist aus. Denn Srichaphan hatte zunächst vier Satzbälle in Folge und danach noch eine weitere Chance zur Satzführung, ehe Kiefer sich nach insgesamt 90 Minuten den ersten Durchgang schließlich holte. Im zweiten Satz schlug Kiefer bei 5:3 zum Matchgewinn auf, doch Srichaphan gelang der Aufschlagdurchbruch. Der Thailänder erzwang damit einen weiteren Tiebreak, in dem allerdings wiederum Kiefer die Oberhand behielt.

they write "aufschlagschwach" how fucking retarded they are!
Paradorn didn't have his best serving day, but his serve is still good enough and by far not weak.

Last edited by Neely : 07-24-2004 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:39 PM   #173
country flag Jogy

Jogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond repute

that is wrong I think. Going by your picture, Srichaphan had a 1st serve % of 60% and has had a highest serve of 132mph.
That is not so weak that you can call this "weak serve" like they did in this article. That is stupid!
Jogy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 03:51 PM   #174
country flag Neely
-

these guys who write these articles often don't know jack shit about tennis

Old 07-24-2004, 10:02 PM   #175
country flag Neely
-

Kiefer def. Carraz 6-2 6-2

another final!!!!!!!!

Best of luck in the final against Andy!!!

Old 07-25-2004, 10:31 AM   #176
country flag snoop

snoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond reputesnoop has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Kiwi, take the title
snoop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 08:01 PM   #177
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

That 2-6 3-6 was a bad surprise for me. I really thought it's going to be a tight match.

But it looks like he is still looking for his first title in the US, because Long Island is new on his list right after Athens. I'm sure that he has not listed Long Island on his hp 2 weeks ago.

I'm sure he will make his 5th final at least this year. There are so many chances:
Tor, Cinc, Athens, L.I., USO, Shanghai?, Tokyo?, Wien?, Paris, St.Petersburg?, Madrid; they are all on his surface so let's go Kiwi!!!

And defeat Safin!
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 08:09 PM   #178
country flag Neely
-

completely agree with everything you said, JMG!

and the four finals and two finals in two weeks now is really very good and a good achievement. It's a plesure to see him going so far in tournaments again.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:17 AM   #179
country flag Jogy

Jogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond repute

from his homepage!

----------------------------------------------------------------
25.07.2004 : ...und trotzdem glücklich
Wer hätte nach Wimbledon gedacht, dass ich in den beiden Folgeturnieren zwei Mal ins Finale komme? Natürlich ist es beschissen, dass ich gegen Andy Roddick verloren habe, aber ich hatte einfach keine Chance und bin trotzdem mit dem Turnierverlauf zufrieden.

Irgendwie bin ich nicht ins Spiel gekommen. Noch bis 30 Minuten vor Spielbeginn hatte es geregnet und so hatte ich nur kurz Zeit, mich mit meinem Coach einzuschlagen. Gleich zu Spielbeginn kam das Break, dem ich dann immer nachgelaufen bin. Da ich zudem schlecht returniert habe, war einfach nichts auszurichten.

Jetzt geht es direkt zum Flieger und ab nach Toronto. Andere Bälle und - so wird erzählt - ein ganz langsamer Belag. Da muß ich gleich trainieren. Wohl am Dienstag muß ich dann ran. Marat Safin ist natürlich eine harte Nuss zum Auftakt. Aber egal. ich gehe mit einem positiven Gefühl ins Turnier.

Im Doppel trete ich mit Rainer Schüttler an. Es ist unser letzter Test vor Athen.

Okay, ich muß los, sonst fliegt das Ding ohne mich ab! Aber eines noch zum Schluß: Danke für die super Unterstützung hier im Gästebuch!

Euer KIWI

__________________________________________________ ___

completely agree with all he said... nevertheless it's his seventh lost final in a row now, he can be proud of himself and I think it's also right of him to admit that he didn't have a real chance to win against Roddick. I believe that makes you dealing better with the loss than thinking about how many chances you missed if this match was much more closer.

Keep up the good work, Kiwi!
Jogy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 12:59 AM   #180
country flag Neely
-

to conclude the chapter of the RCA Championships in Indianapolis, here are some pictures of Kiwi from www.****************...

Kiwi!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NicolasKiefer_Indy2004-01.jpg (29.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg NicolasKiefer_Indy2004-02.jpg (28.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg NicolasKiefer_Indy2004-03.jpg (34.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg NicolasKiefer_Indy2004-04.jpg (30.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg NicolasKiefer_Indy2004-05.jpg (28.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg NicolasKiefer_Indy2004-06.jpg (30.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg NicolasKiefer_Indy2004-07.jpg (23.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg NicolasKiefer_Indy2004-08.jpg (33.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg NicolasKiefer_Indy2004-09.jpg (30.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg NicolasKiefer_Indy2004-10.jpg (32.2 KB, 4 views)