Hopman Cup / please post your wishes/ideas - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-23-2006, 03:55 PM   #16
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hopman Cup / please post your wishes/ideas

not too many interested players here so far
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2006, 03:56 PM   #17
country flag Jadranka

Jadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Is Croatia playing here? And if we are, I don't think it would be possible for us to have male/female team...
Jadranka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #18
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

there might be players who are not interested in discussing rules but want to play it
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:39 AM   #19
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

i want to play!
Old 11-24-2006, 12:53 AM   #20
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
not too many interested players here so far
It doesn't help if interested people can't play.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:26 AM   #21
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond repute

Hey.. I have an idea.. a suggestion.. but it is going to be really complicated.. and requires organization.. two things.. I think, this game can prove it has

To start with.. We can take advantage of all those statistics that are brought..

With those, (the "country success.. in terms of GS.. MS.. IT..etc.." comes Really handy here)

This is the perfect idea for the tournament..and is really easy to create

Every country.. i mean..group of countrymen.. players.. create.. a paralell league..

Like a davis cup team.. This doesnt require anything.. it is like.. if all the players from a single country have their own "team"..lets see if i make it more clear..

All of TT players from..lets say england.. or at least best ranked.. but it must be open to everyone.. create..lets say a thread.. where only people from that country should post things.. and it turns to be like the ENGLAND TEAM..

Tjhat makes the perfect balance for coaching.. and players..

This country team.. like lets say Davis Cup Captain.. is coached by the TT best ranked of the.. lets say.. month.. 3 months.. last year.. yeah..the best ranked year end (im making it up on my way).. this gives this person.. like the final solution..but he must get at least 40% of rest of countrymen aproval..

Ok.. now.. this "Captain" is like the Team Leader...

-

Now.. the idea is set.. explaining this.. i can make my point more clear.

My idea consists of this:

The best country teams (top 8 for Hoffman cup in this case) enter in this game..

the system to choose country..is by success by country.. you know..like statistics.. ive said that.. but im repeating it..

Ok.. now.. best 8 teams qualify for this Hofman Cup

Now..

here comes the juicy part.. (sounds pretty fair to me to have best 8 countries this way)..

How do we pick people to play?

Thats easy

Once created the league of nations -you can come up with a better name- ..

the Argentinian team.. English Team.. US Team... Belgium Team... etc etc..

There.. in every team.. every lets say player from TT has a saying.. i mean.. can suggest and everything.. but, the highest ranked year end player from the team is the captain

The captain, will lets say..suggest a group of 5 or 6 players -best ranked of course- who had at least reached a Final on ATP level or are top 30... or sth like that.. that had won a title.. whatever.. or just higher ranked.. or in hot form

In fact.. those candidates to represent Argentina will have to try to "apply" to represents its country.. i mean.. the Captain will propose this 5 best players.. and those 5 players will have to revalidate their suggestion by commiting to play..

the best 2 ranked players (can be singles and doubles.. ranked) will make it to the main team.. and.. to decide the third one.. it will be made by poll..from its countrymen.. only countrymen can vote there..

If the captain disagrees from the winner from those other players (if the poll is only between 2.. then.. make it 4 instead of 5.. and by the way..forgot to say.. the captain can and MUST play.. representing his country)..

Coming again.. if the captain feels the people choice for third player is not what he wants (he has privileges for being captain) and the difference is less than 60-40&.. he gets to pick the final player.. if it is more than 60&..

lets say.. 80& of argentinian want.. i dont know.. Aguante_el_gato to represent their country.. the captain must accept the will or argentinians TT..

Polls should close a week before the country event

This may work as well ..for Davis Cup

im not really familiar to how it is played on TT but creating the league of nations.. and making the best TT countries league compete sounds really good.. i mean.. and picking the 4 singles player to represent countries. this way.. (3 and 1 "people's choice") sounds really fun

Same for ARAAG WORLD TEAM CUP

I feel im leaving lots of things in my head and that my idea may not be clear enough..

I know it sounds like trouble.. but really..it is REALLY easy..

If you feel the "country team" post is not possible on the server we can put it in another section..or whatever..there is lot of space in this server..

but i think my idea is great for TT.. and im REALLY willing to help

I know ive been a pain in the a$$ for a couple of you guys.. TT boardmanagers or whatever is the name...

But.. my idea here is try to help.. and try to make this game.. something much more interesting..

Well.. regarding challenger and ATP thing.. im beggining to accept the idea and it doesnt turn that bad.. nevertheless.. i dont want you guys to think i was just trying to annoy everyone..

Im really devoted to the forum..and i m willing to try to work to make things better for everyone..

I hope you like my idea.. seems really fun..and it means a lot of cooperation between everyone.. especially top ranked players.. who turn to be the managers of the game..

so.. it is fun for you..old guys around..and it also leaves a saying to us.. newcomers.. or ill ranked players.. because.. we also have a saying.. we also have a cheering thread or a discussion forum for Davis Cup or Hopman Cup or Araag World Team cup... I mean.. it gives the power to everyone discuss everything.. and.. at the end of the day.. you old folks still have the final saying.. and.. we.. have the chance to express our suggestions and stuff

well.. i think this is just too long.. i hope someone reads it..

if you like the idea.. contact me.. and i can help in whatever way you need me..

or if you like part of the idea.. well go use it.. id be proud to think im actually doing sth for everyone and to turn this game into much more fun..

thanks.. and gluck

Raul --FIBER--
FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:36 AM   #22
country flag yarkko

yarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiBeR View Post
Hey.. I have an idea.. a suggestion.. but it is going to be really complicated.. and requires organization.. two things.. I think, this game can prove it has
bla bla

Raul --FIBER--
can you explain everything again in more details?

if you still understand your idea of course
yarkko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:38 AM   #23
country flag yarkko

yarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond reputeyarkko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarkko View Post

and just for the record - I am jokin'
Old 11-24-2006, 01:01 PM   #24
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to play for Croatian team!
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:13 PM   #25
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Than tennisfancroatia/JadrankaHR can play, 'cause I'm playing in Doha that week.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:23 PM   #26
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Than tennisfancroatia/JadrankaHR can play, 'cause I'm playing in Doha that week.
Oh,i forgot that Hopman Cup will be played on first week....I was planing to commit to one of ATP events. Now,i dont know where im gonna play
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #27
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarkko View Post

haha very funny ¬¬

FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:34 AM   #28
country flag yarkko

please sign up propaganda/yarkko for Bulgaria if the tournament is to be held

tiptopdaisy, how many countries commited to Hopman Cup so far? I think I saw desire from Croatia, Serbia, Argentina, Austria, Bulgaria and Chile so far. We have one month more, of course
thanks
Old 11-28-2006, 05:39 PM   #29
country flag tiptopdaisy

tiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond repute

i will start the Hopman Cup commitment thread in 2 weeks
tiptopdaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #30
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Could frees and SloKid represent Espana?
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote