Olivier Rochus - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-21-2005, 08:25 AM   #46
country flag Xav

Xav is a glorious beacon of lightXav is a glorious beacon of lightXav is a glorious beacon of lightXav is a glorious beacon of lightXav is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Olivier Rochus

Olie won!!!!
It will be tough against Safin but he can win!!!!!!!
Good luck to Xavier & Olie for the doubles!!!!!!

And also: Olivier Rochus Feliciano Lopez Juan-Carlos Ferrero Gaston Gaudio David Nalbandian Tim Henman Kristof Vliegen Juan Ignacio Chela & Roger Federer
Xav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2005, 02:47 PM   #47
country flag freesbee
Silly Nando Chica!

freesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond repute

whoohoo Oli!! this is one great tournament for him!!
I hope he can hang in there... Safin is not the easiest to meet

The Tipsy Chat Thread
Nando's Chicas' and Chico Milan's Chat World
Je suis une Chardette spreading the Cute in the Lovely Thread
!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
u shouldnt like people based on hotness
you need to be more like me
freesbee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:58 PM   #48
zoeziepoezie

zoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond repute

I found a lot of funny interviews:
http://vrtnieuws.telenet-media.be/sp..._1R/index.html : (in dutch) Oli & Xavie, very funny
eurosport.tf1.fr/home/pages/v4/l3/s57/multimedia_lng3_spo57.shtml (in french)

eSpeCiAlLy:

Olivier Rochus

Also good luck to ~Jarkko Nieminen~Juan Carlos Ferrero~Filippo Volandri~

"Rochus' career serves as tennis proof that size does matter — the size of a player's heart — and the smallest man on the ATP Tour continues to come up big in that area."
zoeziepoezie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:34 PM   #49
country flag carole

carole has a reputation beyond reputecarole has a reputation beyond reputecarole has a reputation beyond reputecarole has a reputation beyond reputecarole has a reputation beyond reputecarole has a reputation beyond reputecarole has a reputation beyond reputecarole has a reputation beyond reputecarole has a reputation beyond reputecarole has a reputation beyond reputecarole has a reputation beyond repute

Great job so far Olivier
Best of luck in the match against Safin, it's gonna be hard but it's not impossible

Allez Olivier!!!

400 cut flowers sell for $800 - The picker in Colombia makes 0.25%
Still smell sweet? You can do something about it.
MakeTradeFair.com - Join the big noise.
carole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:36 PM   #50
BelgianGirl

BelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the Eurosport link! I hadn't seen that one yet.

I saw the Oli/Xav one on the news. They were great!
BelgianGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:13 PM   #51
BelgianGirl

BelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Ollie really got Safin's respect...

Q. How do you feel about playing Olivier Rochus next?

MARAT SAFIN: Tough one. I really admire him. I know him since long time, since 14. And the way he plays, he is such a talented, it's really nice to watch. He's a difficult opponent. I lost to him one time. He had some great results. He beat Moya in the US Open. He can play great tennis. He beat here Kiefer in the first round. He made it to the fourth round. So he must be playing well.

He's really tough to beat. Even that he is not really, as everybody would say, he's not so tall but he's very dangerous. He's really dangerous and he has the all talent in the world.

Q. Because he's not so tall, does that make him more dangerous?

MARAT SAFIN: You ask me the same question, you know that. Come on.

Q. Does it make him more dangerous, the fact that he isn't tall, he has other weapons, no?

MARAT SAFIN: Of course. Of course. He moves incredibly well on the court. He has anticipation. He has a great eye, great hands. So basically he's very good.

Q. What's the most memorable match you played against him?

MARAT SAFIN: It's difficult. I never enjoy to play against him, actually. Monte-Carlo last year I think was a great match. He wasn't playing well before, he was struggling for a couple of weeks because we been talking before, right before Monte-Carlo, with him just about he complain he didn't win a match in five weeks. And we had to play the first round of Monte-Carlo. Three sets, tough sets.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:22 PM   #52
zoeziepoezie

zoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond repute

One to watch

OLIVIER ROCHUS

Rochus has started the 2005 ATP season in the best possible way, reaching the semifinals in Adelaide and the finals in Auckland. Also being a force in doubles, the 24-year old Belgian collected his second ATP Doubles title together with countryman Xavier Malisse in Adelaide.

eSpeCiAlLy:

Olivier Rochus

"Rochus' career serves as tennis proof that size does matter — the size of a player's heart — and the smallest man on the ATP Tour continues to come up big in that area."
Old 01-21-2005, 07:23 PM   #53
zoeziepoezie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianGirl
Looks like Ollie really got Safin's respect...

Q. How do you feel about playing Olivier Rochus next?

MARAT SAFIN: Tough one. I really admire him. I know him since long time, since 14. And the way he plays, he is such a talented, it's really nice to watch. He's a difficult opponent. I lost to him one time. He had some great results. He beat Moya in the US Open. He can play great tennis. He beat here Kiefer in the first round. He made it to the fourth round. So he must be playing well.

He's really tough to beat. Even that he is not really, as everybody would say, he's not so tall but he's very dangerous. He's really dangerous and he has the all talent in the world.

Q. Because he's not so tall, does that make him more dangerous?

MARAT SAFIN: You ask me the same question, you know that. Come on.

Q. Does it make him more dangerous, the fact that he isn't tall, he has other weapons, no?

MARAT SAFIN: Of course. Of course. He moves incredibly well on the court. He has anticipation. He has a great eye, great hands. So basically he's very good.

Q. What's the most memorable match you played against him?

MARAT SAFIN: It's difficult. I never enjoy to play against him, actually. Monte-Carlo last year I think was a great match. He wasn't playing well before, he was struggling for a couple of weeks because we been talking before, right before Monte-Carlo, with him just about he complain he didn't win a match in five weeks. And we had to play the first round of Monte-Carlo. Three sets, tough sets.

eSpeCiAlLy:

Olivier Rochus

Old 01-21-2005, 08:53 PM   #54
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeziepoezie

One to watch

OLIVIER ROCHUS

Rochus has started the 2005 ATP season in the best possible way, reaching the semifinals in Adelaide and the finals in Auckland. Also being a force in doubles, the 24-year old Belgian collected his second ATP Doubles title together with countryman Xavier Malisse in Adelaide.

Going by what happens to others who have been "OTW" this makes me nervous
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:16 PM   #55
country flag misyou25

misyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond repute

wow safin........
misyou25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 05:14 PM   #56
BelgianGirl

Ollie - Safin will be live on Sporza. Tomorrow morning at 5.30.

Great, it's been a long time since I got out of bed to watch a 'night' match of one of the Belgians!
Old 01-22-2005, 08:26 PM   #57
zoeziepoezie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianGirl
Ollie - Safin will be live on Sporza. Tomorrow morning at 5.30.

Great, it's been a long time since I got out of bed to watch a 'night' match of one of the Belgians!
Gooo Oli!!!

eSpeCiAlLy:

Olivier Rochus

Last edited by zoeziepoezie : 01-23-2005 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:20 AM   #58
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

It seemed like TBs were Ollie's enemy tonight . He was a break up in the 3rd but lost it and then they both held serve to the TB were Ollie just got rolled over

I can't say that I'm sad totally though because Ollie got to the round of 16 AND he's had an EXCELLENT start to his 2005!!!

's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 09:56 AM   #59
Hagar

Hagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond repute

Great effort by Ollie but at 1m65 you just can't have the same amount of cheap points that Safin has.
Ollie can't blame himself for anything. He played the best match possible against a strong opponent.
Kuerten: tennis in the shape of a heart
Ollie Rochus: the lil'man that broke Karlovic
Hagar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 10:36 AM   #60
zoeziepoezie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar
Great effort by Ollie but at 1m65 you just can't have the same amount of cheap points that Safin has.
Ollie can't blame himself for anything. He played the best match possible against a strong opponent.
Yeah, that's true. It was a great match! Congrats Oli! He can really be proud!

eSpeCiAlLy:

Olivier Rochus