Such a shame... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-03-2004, 11:04 AM   #1
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Such a shame...

We hope, everyone, that this latest injury will heal sufficiently for the spring season. There are many points to be had by him, and getting those points could possibly push his ranking into the top 5 as early as April-if the injury bug doesn't keep hitting-or if the same thing doesn't happen to him that happened to Taylor Dent in Scottsdale (a stomach virus, which, by the way, is said to be going around among the players, but his case is the only one I've heard of so far).
sigmagirl91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2004, 11:14 AM   #2
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Such a shame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91
We hope, everyone, that this latest injury will heal sufficiently for the spring season. There are many points to be had by him, and getting those points could possibly push his ranking into the top 5 as early as April-if the injury bug doesn't keep hitting-or if the same thing doesn't happen to him that happened to Taylor Dent in Scottsdale (a stomach virus, which, by the way, is said to be going around among the players, but his case is the only one I've heard of so far).
Well, I believe he'll be alright. We know how fatalistic the journalists are, however no one seemed to pay to much attention to his ankle. He said that it still bothered him a little, but maybe it didn't hurt he, he was just being careful with it. I'm just guessing and remebering what Moyá said in Buenos Aires: that his ankle was healed but he wasn't moving as he wanted to, not because it hurt him but because he was being careful...
I want to believe that it's nothing serious and that he couldn't move as he wanted to because he was being careful and not because it hurt him. I wish you all the best and I hope you can start winning again soon!!!
Hugs, J.
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:32 PM   #3
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

thses injuries are really bad. but except 4 being bad for the injured one. they are also bad for tennis in general, bcoz bad players like roddick get to win major trophies.and david is a good player so he'd deserve 2 win more.
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:44 PM   #4
country flag Angelito

Angelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iza
thses injuries are really bad. but except 4 being bad for the injured one. they are also bad for tennis in general, bcoz bad players like roddick get to win major trophies.and david is a good player so he'd deserve 2 win more.
I agree, ATP should do something about player injuries. Maybe the tour shoudn't be as hard as it is. I think players should play less tournaments per year.
Angelito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:49 PM   #5
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

yeah but if they don't play enough tournaments they don't get points. y'know it's a hard world, this tennis world!
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Old 03-09-2004, 12:55 PM   #6
country flag Angelito

Angelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond reputeAngelito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iza
yeah but if they don't play enough tournaments they don't get points. y'know it's a hard world, this tennis world!
I know that's way I said ATP must do something in order that the players get enough points without playing so much.
Angelito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:36 PM   #7
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, their schedules are too hard, they must do something about it. And I'm also tired of seeing bad players benefit from it...
Old 03-09-2004, 04:35 PM   #8
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, - but the trouble is the ATP is run by businessmen, not people who are really interested in the sport, and they are motivated only by money. They don't care about the individual players as long as they are getting sponsors to put a lot of money into tournaments on the promise that the top players are appearing. Of course we think mainly of David's injuries, but if we look around, so many good players like Moya, El Aynaoui and Arazi have already lost time through injuries this season, - and look at Marat and Tommy Haas last year.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:38 PM   #9
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

And my adored Magnus too
Old 03-09-2004, 04:42 PM   #10
country flag jazz_girl

And Cańas...
Old 03-10-2004, 05:29 AM   #11
country flag Iza

and look at lleyton last year. he had a hectic year in 2002 and in 2003 he was so exhausted he could barely play!
My pink ego box
Old 03-10-2004, 12:21 PM   #12
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Iza, he was exhausted-physically and emotionally. Especially with that ridiculous lawsuit he tried to initiate against the ATP. It's like me suing my employer for not doing my job. What gives there?
Old 03-12-2004, 07:14 PM   #13
country flag Iza

i know, i think that the against atp-move was ridiculous! it made no sense! but generally he was drained of all sources of power (and he preferred spending time with kimmie )
My pink ego box
Old 03-12-2004, 07:16 PM   #14
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Being with Kimmie would drain all sources of power LOL!!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 07:53 AM   #15
country flag Iza

Default Re: Re: Such a shame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91
Being with Kimmie would drain all sources of power LOL!!!!

cheeky!
My pink ego box