What are Argentina's Davis Cup chances in 2005? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-25-2004, 02:21 PM   #1
country flag Guille_ElMago

Guille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond repute
Question What are Argentina's Davis Cup chances in 2005?

i think Argentina will get really far next year. they probably won't run into a surprise team like Belarus again. So far Guille is 2-0 in davis cup play and david nalbandian is 6-1 overall. Agustin Calleri and L.Arnold just have to play a bit better doubles though and i think they will get to the semis or the finals.

ARGENTINA DAVIS CUP TEAM
Guille_ElMago is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2004, 02:23 PM   #2
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are Argentina's Davis Cup chances in 2005?

Newsflash they will play Australia on grass if they make the QF's and they are not getting through this match.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 02:50 PM   #3

Guille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond reputeGuille_ElMago has a reputation beyond repute

don't forget that David got to the Wimbly finals, and Guille is steadily improving his play on grass.

ARGENTINA DAVIS CUP TEAM
Old 12-25-2004, 02:53 PM   #4
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

I am an Argentine fan, and I don't think they will get through that tie. You have to understand there are more than 2 players that can play for Argentina and they would have to be fit at the time.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-25-2004, 03:09 PM   #5

let's hope David and Guille are in good shape and playing at their highest level , because it wouldn't really matter if Calleri/Arnold lose their match as long as david and guille win. just one of them has to win twice and nalbandian could probably do it.

ARGENTINA DAVIS CUP TEAM
Old 12-25-2004, 03:13 PM   #6
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

You don't get it do you, they are going to be picking the right team to suit that surface, so if that means Coria doesn't play on grass, then he won't. Arnold and Calleri aren't certainties either.

I mean they have a provisional squad ready for the first match and they have to win that first.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-25-2004, 03:23 PM   #7

sorry, didn't understand .....do u think David N. will be one of their choices on grass?

ARGENTINA DAVIS CUP TEAM
Old 12-25-2004, 03:25 PM   #8
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

If Nalbandian is fit then he would play that is obvious, but they haven't won the 1st match yet.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-25-2004, 03:28 PM   #9

their first round match is against Czech Republic, which should be fairly easy. but you're right after that it's going to be very difficult.

ARGENTINA DAVIS CUP TEAM
Old 12-26-2004, 01:51 PM   #10
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Czech Republic is that easy. Besides, Novak and Berdych will be playing in the Buenos Aires Open, while Nalbandian, Gaudio and Coria will be playing on hardcourts, The only team member that's gonna have some clay practice is Cañas...You have to think about that too and not take anything for granted.
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 04:35 PM   #11

i know they can never take any matches lightly, if they just get in enough practice on clay, i think they'll be fine, after all Coria is the best claycourter in the world and the other argentines are all great players on clay. so ^i agree it will be a tough match, hopefully they'll come out playing their best and be used to clay if they get a chance to practice on the stuff. it will be a tough transition from hard to clay courts.

ARGENTINA DAVIS CUP TEAM

Last edited by court_zone : 12-26-2004 at 09:43 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:34 PM   #12
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

You're forgeting the most productive of all argentinian players during the last six months: Guille Cañas!!! He's already shown his versatility and toughness and if he's confident and fit, he's one of the hardest players to beat in most of the surfaces.

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:58 PM   #13
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

And don't underestimate the impact of the crowd on the players...They'll play at home. That's a very important advantage!
Old 12-28-2004, 08:01 PM   #14

How could I forget the other Guillermo? You're right he has been the most productive out of all the Argentines during the last months of '04 but that's only because David and El Mago were fighting injury. Still Canas is a great player, who's fit and is a threat on most surfaces. He'll help the Argentine Davis Cup team a lot.

ARGENTINA DAVIS CUP TEAM
Old 03-05-2005, 08:49 PM   #15
country flag alexito
amo la nba

alexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond repute

very easy in argentina in clay, very very hard in australian in grass.
alexito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote