Guga on the road back> current stop: Florianopolis - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-09-2006, 04:48 AM   #61
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guga on the road back! Next stop: Rio.

OMG Guga A win is a win, he must be delighted with this one!!!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2006, 04:53 AM   #62
tall_one

tall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Guga on the road back! Next stop: Rio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
Guga wins 6-2 6-4

experience DENIAL
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=76493

tall_one is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:54 AM   #63
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Guga breaks sequence of defeats and beats Saretta

08/12/2006 to 21h41
Rio De Janeiro (RIO DE JANEIRO) - the game was only for table fulfilment, but it served Gustavo Kuerten to break the sequence of defeats that suffers in the Match of the Champions, exhibition disputed in the Enclosure for bullfighting Petrobras de Praia, in Copacabana. In this friday, it it beat the friend Flávio Saretta for 6/2 and 6/4.

The competition is disputed in format of groups and the two Brazilians had arrived at the last round already without classification possibilities. As Saretta he the same did not show tennis that took it the good results in the end of the season, Guga used to advantage to impose itself.

The catarinense left in the front and with a breaking it did not delay to arrive the 3/0. The rival confirmed two times the service and diminished for 4/2, but she was not moreover. He allowed that former-number 1 of the world won more two followed games and closed in 6/2.

The second partial one more was put into motion. The native of São Paulo started converting one break point, but she took I change it after that: 1/1. In the sixth game, Guga got a breaking and was the 4/2. It did not use to advantage, however, and the game was tied up to in 4/4. But the tenista of American came back there to make a mistake and the rival closed in 6/4.

"To each day I played better. Today I was next to the one than I come relieving in the training. I have had difficulty in relieving the same in the treinos and in the games ", it said the tricampeão of Roland Garros.

This was the sixth game of simple in the season, fifth in last the two months. In February it lost for Andres Ghem in the Coast of the Sauipe. He came back in November with defeat in Installation toward Rainer Eitzinger. Later he disputed exhibition against Nicolas Lapentti and he left victorious person. No longer match in Copacabana fell ahead of Younes El Aynaoui and Diego Hartfield before beating Saretta.

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Old 12-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #64
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 01:21 AM   #65
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Hope this win is because he plays better, not because Saretta is totally out of it which he's a record like that.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #66
country flag Wojtek

Wojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond repute

Win is a win
Wojtek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:01 AM   #67
Hagar

Hagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
Guga wins 6-2 6-4
YEAH!!!

I don't read too much into the losses, the most important thing is that he feels great physically. If that is the case, the rest will follow because Guga is so talented and so experienced that he can still beat a lot of players.
Kuerten: tennis in the shape of a heart
Ollie Rochus: the lil'man that broke Karlovic
Hagar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:11 AM   #68
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guga on the road back! Next stop: Santiago.

Here is Guga's schedule for the start of the season.

22/jan - Santiago (challenger)
29/jan - Vina del Mar (ATP)
05/feb - Florianopolis (challenger)
12/feb - Costa do Sauipe (ATP)

I kind of like it, mixing challengers with ATPs, but I just hope it's a "real" schedule unlike last year.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #69
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Renato!

I hate saying anymore good luck.

Get your body together and win some matches, Guga!!!!
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:19 AM   #70
country flag Billabong

Thanks a lot for the schedule Renato

Old 01-21-2007, 08:57 PM   #71
country flag guga2120

guga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to see him back on court, just hope he is well.

Seeing him making a run in Paris is wishful thanking i Know, but i would love to see it.
guga2120 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:35 PM   #72
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the draw for the Santiago challenger. Kuerten is up against Pashanski. Not the best of draws, but I think it's a good test for him.

(1) MONTANES, Albert (ESP) x HERNANDEZ, Oscar (ESP)
PORTAS, Albert (ESP) x Q
PODLIPNIK, Hans (CHI) x DELGADO, Ramon (PAR)
SA, Andre (BRA) x 5. NAVARRO PASTOR, Ivan ESP

(4) PASHANSKI, Boris (SRB) x KUERTEN, Gustavo (BRA)
GUZMAN, Juan-Pablo (ARG) x LOPEZ, Marc (ESP)
Q x HORMAZABAL, Guillermo (CHI)
Q x (6) BERLOCQ, Carlos (ARG)

(7) MELLO, Ricardo (BRA) x BRZEZICKI, Juan Pablo (ARG)
GARCIA, Adrian (CHI) x ZABALETA, Mariano (ARG)
MALO, Borja (CHI) x JUNQUEIRA, Diego (ARG)
Q x (3) HARTFIELD, Diego (ARG)

(8) FRAILE, Gorka (ESP) x SARETTA, Flavio (BRA)
DANIEL, Marcos (BRA) x GHEM, Andre (BRA)
MARIN, Juan Antonio (CRC) x VAGNOZZI, Simone (ITA)
ARMANDO, Hugo (USA) x (2)VASSALLO ARGUELLO, Martin (ARG)
Old 01-24-2007, 12:26 AM   #73
country flag shotgun

Default Re: Guga on the road back! Current stop: Santiago.

So Guga lost to Pashanski 6-2 7-5, unsurprisingly.

He's playing doubles with Marcos Daniel, they will have their first round tomorrow.

Next week he will play the Vina del Mar tournament, I've never liked the Round-Robin format, but I have to say it will be very good for Guga to get two matches in a row.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:40 AM   #74
country flag MissPovaFan

MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Is there any chance Guga will be playing Buenos Aires next month?
MissPovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:43 AM   #75
country flag shotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulHopkins View Post
Hey Is there any chance Guga will be playing Buenos Aires next month?
I don't think so, they probably won't give him a WC there and he is already scheduled to play four consecutive weeks before that anyway.