PTS or Set Ratios as TB method? - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which TB method do you prefer in TT?

Predict-the-Score system (the current system here) 31 46.27%
Set Ratio system (the current system in WTA TT) 36 53.73%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2006, 10:16 PM   #181
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PTS or Set Ratios as TB method?

Quote:
Originally Posted by invu2day View Post
The whole point of this poll was to see of players want Set ratios or PTS as a TB. At the moment Set ratios lead and if it stays that way then that is what should be implemented. The compromise you came up with gives very little effect for set ratios to be decisive. The bias is still towards PTS. No leverage at all is given to Set ratios as it leads the poll. Given that fact it's you who is making the call by going against the poll as it stands
I haven't made any call. I was trying to find a better solution that wouldn't divide the TT players in half and I didn't see many players objecting to it.

Set ratios lead by one at the moment, as we can't accept the vote of 'stebs', who to my knowledge hasn't played TT ever before here in MTF.
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2006, 10:20 PM   #182
country flag invu2day

invu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
Set ratios lead by one at the moment, as we can't accept the vote of 'stebs', who to my knowledge hasn't played TT ever before here in MTF.
Thats the right call to make

2008 Bangkok singles
2006 Acapulco singles
2006 Costa Do Sauipe singles

2009 Halle doubles with Bavaria100
2008 Dubai doubles with Bavaria100
2007 Nottingham doubles w Bavaria100
2007 Costa Do Sauipe doubles w Bavaria100
2007 Vina Del Mar doubles w Bavaria100
2006 Acapulco doubles w Rosie
2006 Buenos Aires doubles w Rosie
invu2day is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:32 AM   #183
country flag balloon

balloon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond repute

may the forum moderators spend some of their time checking out stebs's account.. and see if it matches with any of the IP add of the current member.. and maybe find out a idiot who is cheating

thanks!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
balloon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:08 PM   #184
country flag yemok

yemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by invu2day View Post
What I'd like is Tennis Tipping to be based more on skill than luck. Luck is required in both PTS and Set ratios. But it's plain to see less luck is involved in Set ratios than PTS as you do not have to predict set scores. Isn't it fair to say then it's most logical to use Set ratios before PTS??
yeah! when you play 8 matches (for example) it's a lot more logical the decider to be your general performance in the day (aka. 5 SR TB's ) and not the lucky numbers in just one match. Although I'm a hardcore-fan of SR I agree with savestheday91, the suggested compromise will do the job for now and I'll be satisfied... and in the next off-seasons after re-discussing everything can come to the right place
PAW race rank 26 (29) :: results
Winner /Houston/ :: Final /Gstaad/ :: SF /Paris/ :: QF /Hamburg, Toronto, Tokyo, Lyon, Chennai, Auckland/
Suicide Tennis rank 9 (8) :: results
Winner /Dubai, Bangkok/ :: Final /Barcelona, Basel/

Last edited by yemok : 11-12-2006 at 05:14 PM.
yemok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:42 PM   #185
country flag Tomek.

Tomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond repute

so set ratios beat PTS system???
Old 11-12-2006, 07:57 PM   #186
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

This poll will close on 11-20-2006 at 10:38 AM
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:52 PM   #187
country flag Tomek.

Tomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond repute