Monte Carlo and RG 2007 questions - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-09-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Monte Carlo and RG 2007 questions

I hope you don't mind me starting a thread about Monte Carlo 2007 -- I've already had some feedback from Rosie, thank you, but would welcome anyone else's.

I have many questions about attending this tourney:
  1. I see the MC tix are already on sale [see site] -- do you have to fill in that form and just send it somehow? Do they send you the tix or you pick them up?
  2. WHERE to sit -- which sections for best viewing.
  3. Which days to go and avoid, e.g., KIDS DAY [hate noisy, pushy, bratty kids w those annoying big balls]?
  4. Is there access to practice courts?
  5. Transportation to and from tennis site?
  6. Where to stay -- MC too expensive? Other suggestions, i.e., Nice?
  7. Weather -- what can one expect at this time of year? [just want to know if I need a parka, a bikini, you know, the essentials for a tennis tourney].

Thanks!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis

Last edited by RogiFan88 : 12-17-2006 at 03:50 AM.
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
country flag FerrersLinda

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monte Carlo 2007 questions

RF

I wish I could help you but I've only ever been to MC years ago when I was working in Hyeres. Never been to the tennistourney unfortunately. I know Elea went this year and she'll probably go again next year, so you might ask her.
FerrersLinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:39 PM   #3
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Linda, perhaps Elea will post here!

"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
Old 11-10-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88 View Post

I hope you don't mind me starting a thread about Monte Carlo 2007 -- I've already had some feedback from Rosie, thank you, but would welcome anyone else's.

I have many questions about attending this tourney:
  1. I see the MC tix are already on sale [see site] -- do you have to fill in that form and just send it somehow? Do they send you the tix or you pick them up?
  2. WHERE to sit -- which sections for best viewing.
  3. Which days to go and avoid, e.g., KIDS DAY [hate noisy, pushy, bratty kids w those annoying big balls]?
  4. Is there access to practice courts?
  5. Transportation to and from tennis site?
  6. Where to stay -- MC too expensive? Other suggestions, i.e., Nice?
  7. Weather -- what can one expect at this time of year? [just want to know if I need a parka, a bikini, you know, the essentials for a tennis tourney].
Thanks!
I am not a regular poster on Davids board, but I am sometimes reading here I saw your MC post, RF, and as I have been to Monte Carlo two times before and will hopefully also go next year, I think I can answer some of your questions

1. I cannot help you on this on, I am sorry, because I have never ordered tickets for Monte Carlo online and haven´t seen the form yet. But I can only recommend to buy tickets in advance! I don´t know how it will be next year, but we had big problems to get tickets this year. There have been school holidays in France during the tournament, and therefore we had to buy the more expensive tickets at some days, because the others were already sold out. But about the form, mazbe Eléa can help you!

2. On the Center Court you sit quite far away, if you take cheaper tickets. But for me this was okay, as we mainly wanted to watch matches on the other courts.

3. Don´t remember if there was a kids day or something, sorry! But I can only tell that it did not stuck in my mind, not like all the screaming, shouting and crying kids in Madrid this year, this was really terrible I normally really like kids, but enough is enough...

4. Yes, you can watch the practice. Some courts are better to access than others, because they lie behing eachother, but I personlly like the practice courts in MC a lot! The only thing I don´t like so much is the fact that on the 2 smallest courts (also matches are played there - mainly doubles), there is a fence between the crowd and the court

5. It depends where you stay, but normally you can do everything by foot in Monte Carlo. If you stay a bit more far away, then there is also a public transportation, bus, to use.

6. I have heard of people recommending to stay in Nice, but I have never done that myself. One year we stayed in Monte Carlo in a hotel near the harbour. I don´t remember what the price was, but it wasn´t too expensive and it was a nice, small hotel.
This year we stayed in Roquebrune, which is in France and very close to the tennis. The venue is in fact in France and not in Monte Carlo, what everyone thinks!

7. This question is really difficult to answer! The 2 times I went to Monte Carlo it was always great weather Very sunny during the days and temperatures around maybe 20-23 degrees, but in the evenings it still gets quite cold. And it happens often that the matches last longer in the evenings...so even if it would be okay in t-shirt during the day, you should have something warmer in the evening.
Anyway, I haven´t been there myself in 2005, but I know that it was very bad weather that year, cold and very rainy! So you cannot really say what kind of weather you will get at that time of the year!

Well, I hope I could help you a bit If you have more questions, you can of course also always write me a PM if you like
But there are a lot of people from MTF who already went to MC, so I am sure you will get lots more information!
I can only say that I like the tournament a lot, especially because of the nice venue !

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Machi Gonzalez ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:25 AM   #5
country flag RogiFan88

Sommars, thank you for posting! I appreciate it!

Old 12-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #6
country flag RogiFan88

Sommars, if you're around, can you PM me about the hotel in Roquebrune? I'm checking out hotels in Nice and I can't find many good ones so far... plus still deciding which tickets to buy in advance [besides perhaps QF, SF and F]. Still so much to research before I make a decision... too many tournaments, too little money, too little time... and I live on the wrong side of the pond...