Tennis Tipping 2009 Rules Thread (out of date - use 2013 Rules) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #61
country flag balloon

balloon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Rules and Changes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91 View Post
That explains why you like it so much. It will be much less work for you when you can just copy your TT picks straight into PTS when you are predicting scores for 5 of the matches. These are supposed to be DIFFERENT games. I think PTS has way too much influence in TT.

how naive u r..
if thats the case i will hope to face opponents in the 1st round who play in PTS too

so i can see their TB scores and then modify here and there so as to win on TB end of day

really pointless talking to a retard as i said earlier
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
balloon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2006, 02:33 PM   #62
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloon View Post
how naive u r..
if thats the case i will hope to face opponents in the 1st round who play in PTS too

so i can see their TB scores and then modify here and there so as to win on TB end of day

really pointless talking to a retard as i said earlier

I usually use the same scores when I play PTS as in here, I don't think it's so naive to think that others do too.

Again, why do you have to try to get offensive just because we disagree.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #63
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh I think losing by ranking sucks too, I just think there are ways besides PTS to change things. I think losing by PTS sucks too. I make a suggestion and everybody seems to like predicting scores and predicting 5 of them so managers have to calculate all those scores.
Why is it better to lose on predicting the set ratios then predicting the scores and set ratios (PTS combines the both)?

And you don't have to calculate all the TB's, maybe once in something like 1000 matches...
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #64
country flag balloon

balloon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm a retard because I have an opinion different than yours? Can't you have a debate without getting personal?

nope, i m not getting personal, i apologize if u feel that way

u haf had your say earlier in the thread.. the public haf had their say, the TT board has made their decision.. so whats the point of opening this issue up again?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #65
country flag balloon

i guess somebody mus set up a new game called SET RATIOS for people who simply loves it..

if last season SET RATIOS was avaliable, there will be people now arguing for PTS tiebreakers for this round..

thats how people are..
Old 11-09-2006, 02:38 PM   #66
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
Why is it better to lose on predicting the set ratios then predicting the scores and set ratios (PTS combines the both)?

And you don't have to calculate all the TB's, maybe once in something like 1000 matches...
I just thought it was a new idea because set ratio is at least more closely related to tipping than score predictions. Often in vBetting here we can do set betting, and I think it's easier than scores. A lot of people get confused with PTS scores and don't know how to score them. I just think that the two games should be seperate games as much as possible. PTS had a poll to see if we wanted to start using knockout format for PTS... we decided against it, but how similar would the games have been then?

Old 11-09-2006, 02:38 PM   #67
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it would solve SOME of it. I think 5 tbs is too many. I think if set ratios were in play and then use countbacks to reward people's TIPPING (which is supposedly the point of this game) it would work for all the other rounds for sure. In the first round using set ratios would eliminate the need for FIVE tiebreaks, would lessen the importance of PTS and would use 1 or 2 TBs as a last case scenario and in the first round only.
Don't mix the countbacks into this discussion, it's a different matter as first round can't have CB's.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #68
#freeviktor

Quote:
nope, i m not getting personal, i apologize if u feel that way

u haf had your say earlier in the thread.. the public haf had their say, the TT board has made their decision.. so whats the point of opening this issue up again?
Sorry I'm used to being allowed to express my opinion when those in power do something I disagree with. I never had my say on 5 TBs. Many people seemed to agree with me that CB should be used ahead of TB at least. You expressed that you agreed with the decision, I am allowed the equal right of expressing that I disagree. Free speech and all that.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #69
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
Don't mix the countbacks into this discussion, it's a different matter as first round can't have CB's.
I know, I was trying to explain what set ratios could solve as an alternative to PTS being important in EVERY round. As I said if set ratio was used in the first round also ahead of FIVE tbs, maybe it would only be necessary for 2 or 3 in the first round and for 0 in every other round.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:42 PM   #70
country flag balloon

Labamba , i have a question

say in the final both scores and TB are tied..

U will go to a CB1 which is the SF score, then CB2 ( QF score ) , CB3 ( 2nd
Rd Score ) , CB4 ( 1st Round Score ) then followed by TB1 ( SF score ), TB2 (QF score ) , TB3 ( 2nd Rd Score ) , TB4 ( 1st Rd Score ) ?
Old 11-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #71
country flag balloon

Quote:
Sorry I'm used to being allowed to express my opinion when those in power do something I disagree with. I never had my say on 5 TBs. Many people seemed to agree with me that CB should be used ahead of TB at least. You expressed that you agreed with the decision, I am allowed the equal right of expressing that I disagree. Free speech and all that.

yeah we jus haf our own opinions and thats all, nothing else
Old 11-09-2006, 02:46 PM   #72
country flag Labamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
Can I just break up this little war to ask what the current system for Davis Cup is?
Gav is currently working on a plan for DC, I'm sure he'll let us know when ready
Old 11-09-2006, 02:47 PM   #73
country flag Labamba

Quote:
Labamba , i have a question

say in the final both scores and TB are tied..

U will go to a CB1 which is the SF score, then CB2 ( QF score ) , CB3 ( 2nd
Rd Score ) , CB4 ( 1st Round Score ) then followed by TB1 ( SF score ), TB2 (QF score ) , TB3 ( 2nd Rd Score ) , TB4 ( 1st Rd Score ) ?
yes, that's the current system
Old 11-09-2006, 02:59 PM   #74
country flag Tomek.

Tomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond repute

go set ratios

and please stop telling that set ratios would be harder for managers to run a tournament!!!

btw 5 TBs are just great!!!

new PTS game

great!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #75
country flag Tomek.

Tomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond repute

and something else!!!

if I would predict scores I would play in PTS and not in TT!!!

5 TBs are just stupid!!!