Tennis Tipping 2009 Rules Thread (out of date - use 2013 Rules) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-09-2006, 02:19 PM   #46
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Rules and Changes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91 View Post
Ugh.. did you guys even consider the set ratio option or not. First rounds are completely being decided by PTS. That's such bullshit. If I wanted to play PTS I would. You're not rewarding tipping at all. Great decision.
The use of TB's and CB's question is still undecided, this decision only eliminates the losing by ranking option.
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #47
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
The use of TB's and CB's question is still undecided, this decision only eliminates the losing by ranking option.
Losing by PTS is sooooooo much better. 5 TBs will make it completely dependant on how good you are at predicting scores and that isn't this game. There is another game for that. You guys had issues with finals basically being decided by PTS, but for first rounds it's okay I guess.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:22 PM   #48
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Losing by PTS is sooooooo much better. 5 TBs will make it completely dependant on how good you are at predicting scores and that isn't this game. There is another game for that. You guys had issues with finals basically being decided by PTS, but for first rounds it's okay I guess.
First rounds will always have 7-16 matches to predict, it's still tipping the winners and not the same thing as finals.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #49
country flag balloon

balloon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ugh.. did you guys even consider the set ratio option or not. First rounds are completely being decided by PTS. That's such bullshit. If I wanted to play PTS I would. You're not rewarding tipping at all. Great decision.

not all 1st round matches are being decided by PTS
set ratios is completely rubbish.. it will just lead to more work for the managers, it will lead to more confusion over the scoring points..

how about this, if u wanna have set ratios, go over to WTA
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
balloon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #50
country flag Labamba

And you can ask anybody outside the Top 30 in the rankings and they'll say it's better to lose on TB then on ranking.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:26 PM   #51
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First rounds will always have 7-16 matches to predict, it's still tipping the winners and not the same thing as finals.
It's still having your fate decided by PTS before any other options are used. It still sucks. Thank god you aren't having us predict all the first round matches, although I wouldn't be surprised. TT Managers should combine with PTS and just make one game.

I don't know what would be so awful about using set ratios ahead of your 5 tiebreaks so that PTS is the LAST option. The first time someone STILL loses by ranking even with 5 tbs, they will whine and whine and you'll just have us predict them all.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:26 PM   #52
country flag balloon

balloon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And you can ask anybody outside the Top 30 in the rankings and they'll say it's better to lose on TB then on ranking.

yeah i agree..
great decision made on having 5 TB in 1st round though!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #53
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloon View Post
not all 1st round matches are being decided by PTS
set ratios is completely rubbish.. it will just lead to more work for the managers, it will lead to more confusion over the scoring points..

how about this, if u wanna have set ratios, go over to WTA
And scoring 5 tbs for every player isn't more work? It's much easier to count a set ratio than a tb. :retard:

How about this, if you want to predict scores, go play PTS.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:28 PM   #54
country flag balloon

Quote:
It's still having your fate decided by PTS before any other options are used. It still sucks. Thank god you aren't having us predict all the first round matches, although I wouldn't be surprised. TT Managers should combine with PTS and just make one game.

I don't know what would be so awful about using set ratios ahead of your 5 tiebreaks so that PTS is the LAST option. The first time someone STILL loses by ranking even with 5 tbs, they will whine and whine and you'll just have us predict them all.

u think set ratios will solve all the problem?
what if all picked 2-0 for all the favourites, and it will still end up in a TB
Old 11-09-2006, 02:28 PM   #55
#freeviktor

Oh I think losing by ranking sucks too, I just think there are ways besides PTS to change things. I think losing by PTS sucks too. I make a suggestion and everybody seems to like predicting scores and predicting 5 of them so managers have to calculate all those scores.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:28 PM   #56
country flag balloon

Quote:
And scoring 5 tbs for every player isn't more work? It's much easier to count a set ratio than a tb. :retard:

How about this, if you want to predict scores, go play PTS.

i m already there for ur information
Old 11-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #57
#freeviktor

Quote:
u think set ratios will solve all the problem?
what if all picked 2-0 for all the favourites, and it will still end up in a TB
I think it would solve SOME of it. I think 5 tbs is too many. I think if set ratios were in play and then use countbacks to reward people's TIPPING (which is supposedly the point of this game) it would work for all the other rounds for sure. In the first round using set ratios would eliminate the need for FIVE tiebreaks, would lessen the importance of PTS and would use 1 or 2 TBs as a last case scenario and in the first round only.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #58
country flag balloon

anyway .. its worthless n pointless to talk to a retard over such issues

great job on having 5 TBs in the 1st round.. It was a success which was tried out in a recent event ..
Old 11-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #59
#freeviktor

Quote:
i m already there for ur information
That explains why you like it so much. It will be much less work for you when you can just copy your TT picks straight into PTS when you are predicting scores for 5 of the matches. These are supposed to be DIFFERENT games. I think PTS has way too much influence in TT.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #60
#freeviktor

Quote:
anyway .. its worthless n pointless to talk to a retard over such issues

great job on having 5 TBs in the 1st round.. It was a success which was tried out in a recent event ..
I'm a retard because I have an opinion different than yours? Can't you have a debate without getting personal?