Tennis Tipping 2009 Rules Thread (out of date - use 2013 Rules) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #16
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Rules and Changes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Well, that opens a possibility that one player makes another username and control both players.
If they have another username won't they be able to control both players anyway? Just by using their different accounts i mean.
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #17
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guille&tati4life View Post
If they have another username won't they be able to control both players anyway? Just by using their different accounts i mean.
Yeah, but that's just too much "in the face".
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #18
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Yeah, but that's just too much "in the face".
I'd say it would be less in your face personally but i guess it depends on the situation. In any case i don't think we should decide on the issue in the off chance that people have an extra account.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #19
country flag Melvins

Melvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91 View Post
Since I agree with a lot of what has already been posted, I'll keep this short and sweet:

- The use of TB's and CB's : I can't believe people think CBs are unfair. If anything TBs are what is unfair. This is a Tennis Tipping game if you like predicting scores, go play PTS. If a match is tied, I think it should come down to how you tipped before how well you can predict a score. In an ideal world, I wouldn't have any PTS in this game at all. I mean in recent events having around 5 tbs? I think that's kind of ridiculous. You are predicting a score for almost every match, in an order of importance selected by the manager. It sucks for a player when their TB 1 is awful but their TB 2 nearly perfect so they lose. CBs at least reward a player for what THIS game is supposedly about.
- Round Robin format: If you implement it, I won't play a single event that is run like that. So you can do it, I will pray it's a failure and we'll move on, just like I hope some players do with the real ATP.
I agree with you!

But atention, we need a TB to all rounds (or another better tie system), use CB firts than TB is stupid. In a round with easy predictions, many matches will tie and with no TB we know the winner at the begin of round.

FREDERICO GIL - RUI MACHADO - GASTÂO ELIAS - LEONARDO TAVARES
MICHELLE LARCHER DE BRITO - NEUZA SILVA - FREDERICA PIEDADE - MARIA JOÃO KOEHLER - MAGALI DE LATTRE

THE FUTURE
GASTÃO ELIAS
MICHELLE LARCHER DE BRITO
Melvins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #20
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvins View Post
I agree with you!

But atention, we need a TB to all rounds (or another better tie system), use CB firts than TB is stupid. In a round with easy predictions, many matches will tie and with no TB we know the winner at the begin of round.
I don't see a problem with that. The better tipper wins.

In the WTA version of this game you have to predict set ratios with all your tips too. And say Federer (2:0). I would support using set ratios as a tiebreak method to this game. The picks would be something like this:

Federer (2:0)
Roddick (2:1)
Djokovic (2:1)
Troicki (2:0)

And then I would get a point for each correct set ratio as a tie break. So scoring wise if me and my opponent both picked all four correct winners it would be 4-4, and then set ratio let's say 4-3. If even set ratios were tied, and it was the first round, then perhaps a PTS TB, but I don't really like using PTS after the first round when there are CBs that could be used.

I am just strongly against matches in TT being decided by PTS. If people wanted to play PTS they could I think set ratios provides a reasonable alternative to PTS.

Last edited by Jessebel : 11-08-2006 at 04:38 PM.
savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #21
country flag Sheva

Sheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since I agree with a lot of what has already been posted, I'll keep this short and sweet:

- The use of TB's and CB's : I can't believe people think CBs are unfair. If anything TBs are what is unfair. This is a Tennis Tipping game if you like predicting scores, go play PTS. If a match is tied, I think it should come down to how you tipped before how well you can predict a score. In an ideal world, I wouldn't have any PTS in this game at all. I mean in recent events having around 5 tbs? I think that's kind of ridiculous. You are predicting a score for almost every match, in an order of importance selected by the manager. It sucks for a player when their TB 1 is awful but their TB 2 nearly perfect so they lose. CBs at least reward a player for what THIS game is supposedly about.
- Round Robin format: If you implement it, I won't play a single event that is run like that. So you can do it, I will pray it's a failure and we'll move on, just like I hope some players do with the real ATP.
I agree 100% on this Jess! This game is not made for TBs and predicting the scores. The aim of the game is to tip the tennis matches. You should be rewarded for getting a good score. Tiebreaks are a gamble: one game can make a difference whoever goes into the next round of Tennis Tipping while when you use CB it is one match wich makes the difference.

Round Robin: hell no

Davis Cup: highest placed in the rankings is the captain of a team. Furtermore i don't think it's realistic to have two teams of one country. Don't think the amount of countries which will participate is that big yet that we have to do promotion/relegation.

LL: No lucky losers in second round. Only in cases where seeded players receive a bye and don't show up. In that situation in my opinion: lucky losers out of qualifying not from R1 defeats.

Counting the retired matches: Only if the game is beyond first set.

Late picks: Stupid of yourself not to send in picks in time. WO for the opponent as the player sometimes allready knows the stats and can therefore adapt his picks to them.

Ranking system: 4 GS + 14 sounds like the best idea.

Qualifying for the 2007 doubles TMC (regular partners?): I don't think regular partners are a realistic idea. It would be the ideal situation for me but certainly for players who are relatively new to the game might first wanna try different partners. I think top 16 of doubles rankings is fair.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #22
country flag Forever-Delayed

Forever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
I will try to gather all the TT rules to this thread (first post), so that it's easier for the managers and players to find out what the current rules say about a certain situation. This thread is also the place where managers and players can discuss the rules and make suggestions for changes that will benefit the game.

TT will undergo some important changes for 2007 and the board of managers have been discussing them for a while now. Here's the current list of things that are up for discussion:

- Entry system
- Draw sizes
- Ranking system
- Qualifying for the 2007 doubles TMC (regular partners?)
- Davis Cup system
- The use of TB's and CB's
- Round Robin format
- Losing by ranking
- SE's
- LL system
- Late picks
- Challengers (who can play them?)
- Counting the retired matches
- Can players send in picks for their partners in doubles?

Some of the topics on the list will go to a poll, some will be decided among the board, players can voice their opinions here on any of the topics. If you feel like something that needs to be discussed is missing from the list, please bring them forward here and we can add them to it. Let's try to make this game as great as possible for everybody in 2007
Entry System - exactly the same as the ATP system, with the same number of spots to be allocated by direct entry by ranking, special entry, qualifiers, and wild cards. Special entries would be granted to those who reached the semi-final in the tournament the week before (only if it was the same level though), and wild cards could be handed out by the tournament manager if they can provide an adequate reason as to why someone deserves one. For instance, they are just below the cut-off point and are from the country where the tournament is taking place, or they are ranked high enough but were on holiday when the entry list was drawn up and couldnt confirm the entry, or they were ranked too low when the list was drawn up but have won a tournament since then, giving them a high enough ranking. The reason would have to be okayed by the board of directors (or something like that), and a limit to the number of wild cards a player can recieve in a season

Draw Sizes - same as the ATP system for all tournaments, even those events such as New Haven. It is only fair that those who have a higher ranking can enter the events they choose, and others have to take a chance in qualifying or play challengers, just like in real life

Ranking System - same as what we are currently using, with the 4 GS's, and then the 14 best results. However, I wouldn't have any problems with us using the real ATP system, as that is fair as well

Qualifying for the doubles masters cup - I would prefer to see there top 8 doubles teams qualify, as it is more realistic, and actually sticks to the idea that the best doubles partnerships qualify, rather than the best doubles players. Permanent partnerships wouldnt be a necessity with this system, as it the IS events, there isnt that many points up for offer that would make or break your chances of qualifying. Currently people do seem to change around who they play with, but for a GS, they have the same partner, so it wouldnt be any different in a doubles race

Davis Cup - Ideally we would follow the actual system, but that isnt going to be able to happen for 2007 at least, as we cannot follow on from the 2006 tournament, as a lot of countries didnt enter. Ideally, we would need to find 16 teams, which will easily be done, but the problem would be that there may be too many teams. If 16 seperate country teams can be found, then 16 countries can enter. If there are more than 16 countries, then the highest 16 based on the ranking of the 2 highest players should enter. Any team not having a high enough ranking goes into the play-offs, either in July or September, depending on the number of teams to try and enter the World Group. Seeding to be based firstly on 2006 results, and then by ranking. Entry to the team to be done by the 4 highest ranked players from the country (or less) forming a team, and then selecting who plays on what days, and who the doubles team are.

Use of TB's and CB's - Ideally, no tie breaks would be used, but in round 1 and 2 they have to be applied, but only to be used in a last ditch fashion to avoid ranking. There is no CB in round 1, so TB has to be used here. In round 2 and beyond, CB should be used in preference to TB. However, if you know that you have a better CB than the other person, it does put you 1 ahead, so the other person knows they have to take more risks... so maybe it would be faired to keep TB as the solution...

Round Robin Format - against it, as i don't like the idea of losing a match and still winning the tournament. Dont think that it will work in TT, as it would involve players having a rest day, which would be a new and bizarre concept. I would play RR though if implemented, and it was the tournament I intended to enter

Losing by ranking - a last resort, like it is at the moment. Highest ranked player wins

LL system - never used in doubles (unless there is a doubles qualifying system), and only for round 1 in singles, with the highest scoring LL from qualifying entering the draw if someone doesnt send in picks (like the actual ATP system)

SE's - like i said earlier, SE should be used if someone reaches the semis of an event the previous week, and their ranking isnt high enough to get them into the draw directly. Same system that the ATP uses here

Challengers - In doubles, anyone can play challengers, as there is no restriction. Singles, only those outside the top 50 can play, although some in the top 50 could get a WC to play if there is a situation where it is appropriate eg. a Brit playing in the surbiton trophy

Counting retired matches - They should count, because a win is a win, no matter how it comes. Stick to the system we are currently using

Can players send in picks for their partners in doubles? - Yes, but there should be a legimate reason as to why they are doing so, so if someone was having a real bad week, but their partner wasn't, then they could just have the player playing well send in tips. Something like an illness, a computer failure etc where they physically couldnt send in any tips, the partner's tips should double up
Forever-Delayed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #23
country flag A_Skywalker

A_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yep , its fair the CB to decide and then TB

Tennis Tipping and PAW Results
A_Skywalker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:49 PM   #24
country flag superhoops

superhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond repute

Ranking System: GS and best 20 other scores from all tournaments.
Challengers: Nobody inside top 50 should be able to play them.
Draw Sizes: Same as ATP except all MS + GS should be 128.
SF: Sopot CH
QF: Guadalajara CH

Doubles (with tennisfancroatia unless stated)
CHAMPION: Vancouver CH
Runner-Up:
SF: Sopot CH, Astana CH(w/herbal), San Marino CH
QF:
superhoops is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #25
country flag Tomek.

Tomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond repute

I think there should be set ratios like on wta in this game but only if there are 8 matches or less if more no set ratios and one TB in TT on wtaworld is working really well and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvins View Post
- Counting the retired matches: No if no set complete or no advantage to the winner. e.g. we should count a match "6-4 1-0 ret", "7-6 0-1 ret" or "7-5 2-6 3-1 ret" but not "5-4 ret", "5-0 ret", "4-6 3-3 ret" or "4-6 6-4 2-4 ret".
Old 11-08-2006, 05:03 PM   #26
country flag muniu

muniu has a reputation beyond reputemuniu has a reputation beyond reputemuniu has a reputation beyond reputemuniu has a reputation beyond reputemuniu has a reputation beyond reputemuniu has a reputation beyond reputemuniu has a reputation beyond reputemuniu has a reputation beyond reputemuniu has a reputation beyond reputemuniu has a reputation beyond reputemuniu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumoll View Post
I think there should be set ratios like on wta in this game but only if there are 8 matches or less if more no set ratios and one TB in TT on wtaworld is working really well and
no pls no no no no

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea View Post
Fuck you potro, fuck you all the haters!!!!!!!!
The brainless Agrie will never defeat Fed in 5th!!

muniu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #27
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniu View Post
no pls no no no no
Agreed. No no no no.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #28
country flag Melvins

Melvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond repute

I like the set ratios system!

About CB, I like it too, but in rounds with 3/4/5 matches and obvious winners we all know the TT winner before the game.

e.g.
Player A has 3/4 in TT SF, 6/8 in QF
Player B has 3/4 in TT F, 5/8 in QF

Tournament Wimbledon
Real SF
Federer vs Bjorkman (this year sf)
Youzhny vs Roddick

With sure that Federer wins and TT player picks the favourites players (Federer, Roddick and Federer), we all know that Player A wins Wimbledon in Wednesday (after TT SF). What is the fun?

So, CB's yes but no like primary tie system.

FREDERICO GIL - RUI MACHADO - GASTÂO ELIAS - LEONARDO TAVARES
MICHELLE LARCHER DE BRITO - NEUZA SILVA - FREDERICA PIEDADE - MARIA JOÃO KOEHLER - MAGALI DE LATTRE

THE FUTURE
GASTÃO ELIAS
MICHELLE LARCHER DE BRITO
Melvins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:14 PM   #29
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #30
country flag Garlichead

Garlichead has a reputation beyond reputeGarlichead has a reputation beyond reputeGarlichead has a reputation beyond reputeGarlichead has a reputation beyond reputeGarlichead has a reputation beyond reputeGarlichead has a reputation beyond reputeGarlichead has a reputation beyond reputeGarlichead has a reputation beyond reputeGarlichead has a reputation beyond reputeGarlichead has a reputation beyond reputeGarlichead has a reputation beyond repute

Another idea concerning TB´s: We could use 1-3 TB´s a round depending on how many matches there are and add the scores, not using one TB, then TB2...
So we could nearly fully avoid CB´s and decisions by ranking
Sem-Final Toronto, Monza (CH)
Qtr-Final Mumbai

Doubles: (62.)
Final Houston (w/ZackBusner)
Sem-Final Roma (w/Blue Orange), Amersfoord (w/Blue Orange), Toronto (w/Blue Orange), Mumbai (w/Gavnich77)
Qtr-Final Hamburg (w/Grinder), Bastad (w/savestheday91), Basel (w/Gavnich77), Paris-Bercy (w/Gavnich77), Miami (w/cacau00)
Garlichead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote