Tennis Tipping 2009 Rules Thread (out of date - use 2013 Rules) - Page 101 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:16 AM   #1501
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Rules Thread (first post contains info)

Quote:
. Late Picks
- No late picks allowed, even if there are no LLs available. Other player will be given a w/o. If both players don't send, then late picks > no picks. Also 0 points > no picks (in a 2-day round sending on one day is enough to avoid a walkover).

I've checked at the FAQ thread too, but it's not clear if we can accept late picks in second day.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #1502
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
this isn't important, as we failed to win our sf match in paris, but can anyone tell me what would have happened had me and SloKid won our semi final and then lost the final? we would have been equal 16th in the doubles race had that happened, and we have played with each other all year, so i don't see how we could have been separated, except by one of us opting out.

the problem would be solved by making the doubles race a team race rather than a race of individuals, but i know this wasn't supported much last year

ok, it seems that this is important after all since nadie pulled out of the yec. i am quite happy to take her place, and that is ok with slokid, but i do think this is a bit stupid.

shouldn't he at least receive some ranking points or sth?
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #1503
country flag Hotzenplotz

Hotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond repute

question to the board: since Chris played Bratislava this week he'd technically not permitted to play London. However, he played there assuming he wasn't qualified for London anywhere. So can I team up with him there or is the next on the list the replacement for London?
This would be ZackBusner...
Old 11-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #1504
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

This is a tough situation and yes it is up to you to decide between you and Milan about who wants to play WTF.

However, I would say that you knew the rules all year and if I'd been if that situation I'd have played at least 1 tournament without my regular partner to ensure we received a different ranking but I do have some sympathy with you as you didn't know you'd be ranked at the cut-off point.

Technically you shouldn't be allowed to play WTF as you played Bratislava, however on this occasion I wouldn't mind if we applied a bit of discretion and let you in as long as you surrender any points you won in Bratislava. I'd like the other board members opinions as well first though - what do the rest of you guys think?
Taz Warrior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #1505
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

Gavin, and what about the late picks in 2nd day? The opponents said they are OK with counting picks (maybe except for the one that was actually late) but I think I have to stick to the rules, but rules are not that clear about a 2nd day late picks and I'm not sure if I saw a similar happening this year.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #1506
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconek View Post
Gavin, and what about the late picks in 2nd day? The opponents said they are OK with counting picks (maybe except for the one that was actually late) but I think I have to stick to the rules, but rules are not that clear about a 2nd day late picks and I'm not sure if I saw a similar happening this year.
They're not allowed
Old 11-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #1507
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

OK, thank you
Old 11-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #1508
country flag lukela85

lukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77 View Post
They're not allowed
What a completely absurd decision The picks were sent 3 minutes after the first match of the day had started, a match that was 2-2 first set, on serve, with no break points for either player. So why not let the match be decided if, as happened, me and my doubles partner wanted to play the match out! The (barely) late picks had no impact on the match. Rule change for next year I think
lukela85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #1509
country flag CoolyBri

CoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond repute

In Toyota there will be two rounds of qualies played tomorrow.
Should all (possible) matches of both rounds be included in the TT OOP? Or only the 1st round matches?
CoolyBri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #1510
country flag Taz Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolyBri View Post
In Toyota there will be two rounds of qualies played tomorrow.
Should all (possible) matches of both rounds be included in the TT OOP? Or only the 1st round matches?
Just the first round
Old 11-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #1511
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Technically you shouldn't be allowed to play WTF as you played Bratislava, however on this occasion I wouldn't mind if we applied a bit of discretion and let you in as long as you surrender any points you won in Bratislava. I'd like the other board members opinions as well first though - what do the rest of you guys think?
I agree.
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #1512
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
I agree.

I agree also.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #1513
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think there must be an alternate list for this event to replace not just those who're not able to participate, but also those who forget to send picks. And players who expect to replace anyone there shouldn't be playing challengers this week But I'm ok with with Gav's solution since nothing was said about WTF replacements before Nadie's withdrawal.
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #1514
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think there must be an alternate list for this event to replace not just those who're not able to participate, but also those who forget to send picks. And players who expect to replace anyone there shouldn't be playing challengers this week But I'm ok with with Gav's solution since nothing was said about WTF replacements before Nadie's withdrawal.
TT WTF only got a manager on Tuesday, so it is a difficult situation.

This problem could be largely avoided if Top 30 players still weren't allowed to play in Challengers
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:01 AM   #1515
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote