Bad Marriage = Bad Health - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-19-2005, 12:37 AM   #1
bad gambler

Unhappy Bad Marriage = Bad Health

Uh oh.....................

Being in a bad marriage may be equally hazardous to the health of both spouses, according to a new study.

Researchers found men and women in unhappy marriages suffered from increased stress levels throughout the day at home and at work as well as higher blood pressure at midday at the office, which could raise the risk of heart attack or stroke.

"What is happening is that marital problems are spilling into the workplace," says researcher Rosalind Barnett, a senior scientist at the Women's Studies Research Center at Brandeis University in Waltham, Mass., in a news release. "And if these tensions persist over time, there could be serious health problems."

Researchers say the findings also debunk the notion that being in a bad marriage affects the wife more than the husband.

"It's generally assumed that primary relationships are more critical to a women's psychological well-being than men's, but this is not the case," says Barnett. "When there is marital concern, men and women are equally affected."

Bad Marriage = Higher Blood Pressure

In the study, researchers measured stress indicators, such as saliva cortisol levels (a stress hormone), blood pressure, and self-reported stress in a group of 105 middle-aged civil service workers in the London area.

The results showed that men and women who reported a higher level of marital concerns had higher cortisol levels in the morning after waking up and higher self-reported stress and blood pressure throughout the day than those who were generally happy with their marriage. These negative effects of a bad marriage were the same in men and women.

Researchers say stress has been linked to a higher risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer, and many other health problems.

They say the results add to evidence that psychological factors, such as marital strains, influence biological functions in everyday life and can have a negative impact on men and women's mental as well as physical health.

The results of the study appear in the Annals of Behavioral Medicine.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005...ain854082.shtml
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
bad gambler

Default Re: Bad Marriage = Bad Health

Moral of the story for all you guys out there: Give your woman whatever she wants!!
Old 09-19-2005, 12:42 AM   #3
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:43 AM   #4
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
Moral of the story for all you guys out there: Give your woman whatever she wants!!
Old 09-19-2005, 12:45 AM   #5
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. Maybe I shouldn't marry for awhile? Is that what you're saying?
Old 09-19-2005, 12:46 AM   #6
bad gambler

or maybe the moral of the story is don't get married at all?

Old 09-19-2005, 01:04 AM   #7
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it is relatively simply for both genders with those 2 little words- "yes dear"
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:29 AM   #8
Banned!

Quote:

you don't phase me BG, I shall still marry young.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:44 AM   #9
country flag mandoura

mandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

or maybe moral of the story you are having second thoughts .
Most ATP players:

~ Passenger on the Federer Express #111 ~ Resident of Denaon's Den of Misfits ~
~ Member of Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society ~

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." ~ Bertrand Russell
mandoura is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:46 AM   #10
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoura
Oh that is right! BG is engaged. It is ok it will be worth it. Say it over 10 times- yes dear, yes dear etc and get her to say it too. And ignore my siggie- truth is don't ever go to bed angry. Ever. And Good luck. We all need it
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:55 AM   #11
country flag mandoura

mandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60
truth is don't ever go to bed angry. Ever.
Best advice ever . And teach it to your kids.
Most ATP players:

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." ~ Bertrand Russell
Old 09-19-2005, 02:39 AM   #12
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoura

i'm solid mandou
Old 09-19-2005, 02:41 AM   #13
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60
it is relatively simply for both genders with those 2 little words- "yes dear"

that can be easily arranged, you are talking to a first class yes man here
Old 09-19-2005, 02:43 AM   #14
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that
you don't phase me BG, I shall still marry young.

so who is the lucky woman?
Old 09-19-2005, 02:58 AM   #15
country flag mandoura

Quote:
i'm solid mandou
Nice boy .
Most ATP players: