DNC, GOP Conventions, Presidential elections + more. Palin's Daughter Pregnant :eek: - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-08-2006, 12:17 AM   #106
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live Congresional Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
Well if you are a moderate Republican you shoudl be pissed as all hell at the way the Republican party has been taken over by the far right wing. And vote against your party to send them a message. Don't vote for these shit candidates that they are giving the country for Congressional seats.

I'm definitely a Democrat all the way, but I vote Republican if the candidate is good - I always support Pataki and Bloomberg - but have to vote straight Democratic Party for the federal seats to offset the Republican extremists on the Hill.
I couldn't have said that better......... The power the far right wing holds with this senate and congress is crazy. I'm not saying we need a lax liberal government......but, I feel the government is too far to the right. As a democrat, myself, I also voted for Pataki and Bloomberg. Those two are more central.

Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
mangoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2006, 12:17 AM   #107
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufokart View Post
In Argentina most of the democrats you would consider leftist would be considerer right wing

Even Ted Kennedy.
In Argentina, TK is right wing?
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:18 AM   #108
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Try to remove troops from Iraq, not let push pass all his laws

They'll try to refocus on finding bin laden, etc...
Old 11-08-2006, 12:19 AM   #109
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I realize a lot of the issues will be the same whether Democrats or Republicans are in office. It's social issues that scare me. It's Roe v. Wade and civil rights that have always made me associate myself with the Democrats.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #110
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafuria View Post
Try to remove troops from Iraq, not let push pass all his laws

They'll try to refocus on finding bin laden, etc...
HOW? how would they find Bin Laden?

And why would they remove troops from Iraq before the job has been finished?
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:21 AM   #111
country flag Lebowski

Lebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond repute

The Democrats will just send the military contracts to their supporters... they are all crooks
Lebowski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:22 AM   #112
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
NicoFan and mangoes, I understand your arguments, but again, what will the democrats do differently? will Gore have responded in the same way to 9/11 as Bush? or would he just kinda BS around for a few weeks? What will these new democrats do? will they change the direction of the war? Im not trying to sound defiant and assholish, im just curious as to what you guys think they are gonna do

I"m convinced that Gore would have been able to keep the coutry united after the initial attack.(unlike Bush who drove a wedge b/t the people of the US-in my 44 yrs I had never seen such hate b/t the parties of this country) I'm sure he would have gone after Al Quida in Afgahnastan but not a bogus war that had nothing to do with the attack. Of course none of what Bush has done can be undone and we have to deal with it now. The war in Iraq was not only unessasary but also mismanged badly from the start yet according to Bush, Rumsfeld is doing a good job. Now we need a new plan and better mangement of it in Iraq to try and patch up our botched job there. The current bunch of republicans have done nothing to force Bush to change his course there. I expect new thinking and solutions from this new congress. And a president who will HAVE to listen.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:22 AM   #113
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
NicoFan and mangoes, I understand your arguments, but again, what will the democrats do differently? will Gore have responded in the same way to 9/11 as Bush? or would he just kinda BS around for a few weeks? What will these new democrats do? will they change the direction of the war? Im not trying to sound defiant and assholish, im just curious as to what you guys think they are gonna do
If they don't do it differently, then everyone that voted for them needs to give them hell.

I used to lobby on environmental and women's issues, and most people don't realize that their representatives - Senate and House - rarely get more than a handful of letters or emails or calls on the vast majority of issues. Its only on the big issues that they get calls/letters/emails on. And when they do get people calling/writing about the issues, they pay attention.

I don't mean to preach , but its not only our civic responsibility to vote, but its our responsibility to watch what they are doing. And call them on it if they don't do what they want us to do. I'm probably preaching to the choir right now becuase obviously people on this thread are interested in politics, but most people are apathetic. So both sides of the aisle get away with everything. And the big money lobbyists get their way.

Okay...end of preaching.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:22 AM   #114
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You know, it's really too late to change our minds.
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:23 AM   #115
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Democrats have picked up a Republican House seat!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:24 AM   #116
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If they win both House and Senate they can form commitees and focus troops on finding Bin laden.

Dont you get it? Iraq is not going to be won, this exactly another Vietnam.

American hate in Iraq is extreme. All we've done is create more terrorists.

They had no WMD, we came in, and we messed them up, the execution of Hussein is going to cause serious civil unrest over there.

A change is needed, you are already saying Dem's wont do anything and you havent even gived them a chance.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:24 AM   #117
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

At this moment, there is no plan for Iraq and with the Republicans in office, Bush is being allowed to keep waddling that line of giving the Americans BS answers while having no exit strategy. My hope is that with putting the Democrats in office, Bush will be forced to start to come up with an exit plan.........a realistic one. When Bush goes to the congress and senate asking for money for Iraq, he is given a ready made signature without questions being raised. With the Democrats in control, those billions going to Iraq will be questions.........and while I don't expect the Democrats to veto any monies for Iraq, I am hoping that the Democrats will set an agenda that includes sending some of the billions, set aside for Iraq, back to the US Social programs.

Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
mangoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:25 AM   #118
country flag Pfloyd

Tennessee

77,000 to 70,000 favoring Corker, 3% in

Dammit!
Old 11-08-2006, 12:25 AM   #119
country flag ufokart

ufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In Argentina, TK is right wing?
it's an exaggeration, but he wouldn't be considered left, that's for sure.

Berdych - Andreev - Acasuso - Mathieu - Tursunov - Gaudio - Simon

Vliegen * Malisse * Chela * Zabaleta * Gasquet * Calleri * Djokovic * Starace

Retired and not so active players¬

SJENG SCHALKEN [] PAT RAFTER [] THOMAS MUSTER [] GUGA KUERTEN

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MARIA KIRILENKO
ufokart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:25 AM   #120
country flag MarieS

MarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufokart View Post
In Argentina most of the democrats you would consider leftist would be considerer right wing

Even Ted Kennedy.
that's it, I'm moving to argentina.
It's just you don't want to have a lot of expectations, because when you start to have a lot of expectations you just end up losing in the third round to God knows who. ~Marat Safin, summarizing his career

No comment:
Mawie: he kinda reminds me of me, he feels obligated to have every sentence be a joke
Maggie Tulliver: and he takes his clothes off when he sees a camera
Maggie Tulliver: it's a little pathetic
Maggie Tulliver: it's like his first reaction
MarieS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote