Like San Jose, can you say... Andre? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-27-2004, 02:00 AM   #1
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Like San Jose, can you say... Andre?

Another career highlight of the many for Agassi is his 4-time win here in Scottsdale.

Lleyton is also trying to make his statement on this event, winning it 2 times, including last year against Philippoussis (why does it seem like Mark is always at the losing end of these analyses?)

We'll see if either will continue their winning ways...
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2004, 02:34 AM   #2
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Like San Jose, can you say... Andre?

As of right now, neither Mark nor Lleyton are on the commitments list. However last year they both played with WCs. Since I'm going to the tourney, I'm hoping they do that again

Didn't Andre lose 1st round last year? interesting!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 02:38 PM   #3
Dagmar

Dagmar has a reputation beyond reputeDagmar has a reputation beyond reputeDagmar has a reputation beyond reputeDagmar has a reputation beyond reputeDagmar has a reputation beyond reputeDagmar has a reputation beyond reputeDagmar has a reputation beyond reputeDagmar has a reputation beyond reputeDagmar has a reputation beyond reputeDagmar has a reputation beyond reputeDagmar has a reputation beyond repute

Injured Agassi misses Classic date

Saturday, February 28, 2004 Posted: 1416 GMT (10:16 PM HKT)

SCOTTSDALE, Arizona -- Four-time champion Andre Agassi has withdrawn from next week's $380,000 Franklin Templeton Classic with a hip injury.

The 33-year-old American, winner of 58 tournament titles won't be starting Monday in a field headed by former world number one Andy Roddick.

"I love this tournament. Scottsdale is a great place to play and I look forward to coming back next year," said the man who lifted his last title in the desert in 2002.

Agassi said he aggravated the hip at this month's event in San Jose where he lost in the semifinals to compatriot Mardy Fish.

Eight-time Grand Slam champion Agassi has the defence of the Miami Masters title starting in a month and said he had been advised to rest.

Roddick is top-seeded at the outdoor hardcourt event and is one of nine U.S. players in the main draw. Five of the top six seeds are also American.
Dagmar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 06:40 PM   #4
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Agassi not playing this year, and neither are defending champ Lleyton or Mark, who's traditionally done well here.

So what does history say will do well?
1. Top 10 player
That would be Roddick, the only one this year.

2. The Spaniards
That would be Alex C., whose on the down swing of his career.

3. Jan-Michael Gambill
He's actually having a rebound year, but is so unpredictable.

I think this tournament will either go to Roddick or upstart Soderling.
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 04:51 PM   #5
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on Andy's health. He doesn't sound terribly optimistic in the interview he gave

"Q: Could you talk about your back and your overall health?

A: I obviously was struggling a little bit after Memphis with that and was obviously hopeful that I would be able to come here and compete. If I said that I was 100% confident I would be lying to you, but I’m here and I’m ready to play and I’m going to give it my best shot, that’s for sure."
---

Assuming he's healthy and that he wouldn't be playing if he's not in the right shape to, with this draw I think it's his tourney to win or lose. IMO.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote