BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2006 !! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-03-2006, 09:31 PM   #1
country flag Drew37

Drew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2006 !!

BBC have commenced the voting for the shortlist of 10...to be voted on the night by Joe-Soap !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_a...ar/6080190.stm

Please visit the site and vote for Andy !....at least we can get him in the shortlist so we can see some hi-lights of him on the TV !!!!!

* Andy Murray * Jamie Baker * Dan Cox * Dan Evans * Graeme Dyce * Alex Slabinsky * Andrew Fitzpatrick * James Ward * Alex Ward * Marcus Willis * David Rice *

British Tennis Online : http://www.britishtennis.net/
British Tennis Forum : HERE
Drew37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2006, 11:49 AM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2006 !!

he doesnt deserve sports personality of the year. he's a whingeing, arrogant tosser who thinks he much better than he is. all these threads praise him but to be honest he's got lucky so far. his wins against roddick came when roddick was having a bad patch and on a court at wimbledon that gets slower every year. hewitt had a rubbish year, explaining why murray beat him in san jose and federer was nowhere near his best in canada. if murray is gonna be good he still needs to do more fitness. he's like a stick and he still gets tired soo easily. i thought brad gilbert would have sorted it by now, but i guess murray's laziness is just shining through.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:05 PM   #3
country flag Trivial

Trivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
he doesnt deserve sports personality of the year. he's a whingeing, arrogant tosser who thinks he much better than he is. all these threads praise him but to be honest he's got lucky so far. his wins against roddick came when roddick was having a bad patch and on a court at wimbledon that gets slower every year. hewitt had a rubbish year, explaining why murray beat him in san jose and federer was nowhere near his best in canada. if murray is gonna be good he still needs to do more fitness. he's like a stick and he still gets tired soo easily. i thought brad gilbert would have sorted it by now, but i guess murray's laziness is just shining through.
Yea all those big matches he has won are all down to luck It doesnt matter whether Roddick or Hewitt were in the middle of bad patches, most guys on the tour would still not have been able to have beaten them. And the same goes with Roger, Murray has the skills and talent it takes to exploit him when he is having a bad day, most guys out there don't.

Agree with you a little on the arrogance and lack of fitness...two traits that i do not like. But hopefully in the off season him and Brad can really work on his fitness and he will come back a different species at the Australian Open.

Colin Fleming

Also Rooting for:
TOMAS BERDYCH

Support British Tennis: http://www.a ctiveboard.com/forargum.spark?forumID=61841&subForumID=194088
Trivial is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:53 PM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

a lot of people on tour could have and have exploited bad days from hewitt and roddick, thats why they lost in the early rounds of a lot of tournaments earlier this year.

USA vs Romania Davis Cup hard court
Andrei Pavel bt. Andy Roddick 6-7, 2-6, 7-6, 6-2, 6-2

Memphis hard court
Julien Benneteau bt. Andy Roddick 3-6, 6-4, 7-6

Master Series Indian Wells hard court
Igor Andreev bt. Andy Roddick 6-4, 6-7, 6-1

Adelaide hard court
Phillip Kohlschreiber bt. Lleyton Hewitt 6-3, 0-6, 7-5

Sydney hard court
Andreas Seppi bt. Lleyton Hewitt 4-6, 7-5, 7-5

Australian Open hard court
Juan Ignacio Chela bt. Lleyton Hewitt 6-4, 6-4, 6-7, 6-2

and there are plenty lore results like that, and all those players are ranked lower than andy murray, so you can't say that murray is the only who has beaten them in their bad patches.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
country flag Trivial

Trivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond reputeTrivial has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and there are plenty lore results like that, and all those players are ranked lower than andy murray, so you can't say that murray is the only who has beaten them in their bad patches.
I haven't and wouldn't. Please read my post again and notice that I said 'most guys'. Also I notice that you decided not to quote facts on who has beaten Roger Federer. I don't want to get into a big debate on whether Andy Murray can beat guys such as Roddick, Hewitt and Federer when they are at their best, because it is touch and go. However I do believe that rankings don't lie...nobody gets into and stays in the top 20, or beats roddick (twice), Hewitt and Federer in one season due too luck on its own.

Colin Fleming

Also Rooting for:
TOMAS BERDYCH

Support British Tennis: http://www.a ctiveboard.com/forargum.spark?forumID=61841&subForumID=194088
Trivial is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #6
country flag jazar

you wouldn't think that, but it happened. when federer, nadal and roddick are on top form they will beat the crap out of murray. especially in the latter stages of tournaments when murray is tired cos he is so unfit.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:30 PM   #7
country flag Drew37

Drew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond reputeDrew37 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you read my post carefully you will notice I am not saying he should win....fair enough you dont like him...its a free country....it would be good to see him in the top 10 for voting on the night. As for your inability to give credit where credit is due...well its still a free country.......going up 49 ranking places in the last 12 months (66 to 17) is pretty good going and that does not happen by luck.....and one of his best wins this year is when he beat Gonzalez....and he has had a great year...so no excuses there

* Andy Murray * Jamie Baker * Dan Cox * Dan Evans * Graeme Dyce * Alex Slabinsky * Andrew Fitzpatrick * James Ward * Alex Ward * Marcus Willis * David Rice *

Old 11-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #8
country flag jazar

fair enough i didnt read your post. but it is blatantly obvious he's gonna get in the top 10, i mean what other british athletes have done anything praiseworthy this year?
Old 11-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #9
country flag Drew37

Quote:
fair enough i didnt read your post. but it is blatantly obvious he's gonna get in the top 10, i mean what other british athletes have done anything praiseworthy this year?
none spring to mind !

Old 11-11-2006, 08:52 PM   #10
country flag jazar

here are some of the possble choices:

Steven Gerrard - world cup was crap
Darren Clarke - he wasnt the only one on the ryder cup team
Joe Calzaghe - who really knows what he has won?
Kevin Pietersen - cricket was last year and england have hardly won since
Michael Vaughan - same as above, plus he is always injured
Zara Philips - horse riding, get out
Andrew Strauss - another cricketer
Paul Casey - world matchplay champion, but how can you vote for a golfer
Andrew Murray - consolidated world ranking, won a tournament
Nicole Cook - swimmer and who really cares about swimming
Andrew Flintoff - thats so last year
Steve Harmison - why so many cricketers
Monty Panesar - no coloured person has ever won a tv vote
Tony McCoy - cos he's always in it

looking at that its fairly obvious that murray should be near the top
Old 11-11-2006, 09:10 PM   #11
country flag JustJames
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

JustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
here are some of the possble choices:

Steven Gerrard - world cup was crap
Darren Clarke - he wasnt the only one on the ryder cup team
Joe Calzaghe - who really knows what he has won?
Kevin Pietersen - cricket was last year and england have hardly won since
Michael Vaughan - same as above, plus he is always injured
Zara Philips - horse riding, get out
Andrew Strauss - another cricketer
Paul Casey - world matchplay champion, but how can you vote for a golfer
Andrew Murray - consolidated world ranking, won a tournament
Nicole Cook - swimmer and who really cares about swimming
Andrew Flintoff - thats so last year
Steve Harmison - why so many cricketers
Monty Panesar - no coloured person has ever won a tv vote
Tony McCoy - cos he's always in it

looking at that its fairly obvious that murray should be near the top

What a poor list Surely someone has done something..

P.S LOL @ Zara Philips comment!

Supporting British tennis at: http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/
JustJames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:08 AM   #12
country flag jazar

i've got it.

david walliams.

how could we be so stupid not to think of him?
Old 11-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #13
country flag JustJames
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

JustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i've got it.

david walliams.

how could we be so stupid not to think of him?
Swimming across the channel?

Because he's the only person to have ever done that...

Old 11-13-2006, 06:45 AM   #14
country flag jazar

firstly, i wasnt being serious. i mean come on.

and secondly he's not exactly an athlete. look at him-he's fat.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:26 AM   #15
country flag JustJames
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
firstly, i wasnt being serious. i mean come on.

and secondly he's not exactly an athlete. look at him-he's fat.
Yeah I guessed, I'm British...I get sarcasm.

Have been racking my brains...still not thought of anyone