.^.^.^.^. Post-Rebound Ace 2007: Miami .^.^.^.^. - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-04-2007, 03:26 PM   #61
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: .^.^.^.^. Rebound Ace Season 2007 .^.^.^.^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post

And why does he keep mentioning Hewitt losing? He didn't and I don't think he will lose his next match either.
You jinxed him !
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2007, 03:30 PM   #62
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vialator View Post
Richard explanations :
Was he "speaking" in English or was it translated?

Quote:
The good new, he's apparently not tired
What a prowess!

Quote:
the bad new, he needs only few thing to be disturbed...
Same old...
Old 01-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #63
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Richard explanations :

The good new, he's apparently not tired, the bad new, he needs only few thing to be disturbed...

True. I still remember the match against Grosjean in Montreal 05 where he was winning but was disturbed by the announcement of a rain delay (lost a point) and then DFed on the first point (it was SP too) when they returned to court.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:53 PM   #64
country flag Vialator

Vialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember well, there was a big storm that day. Maybe he was afraid, poor Richard

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Vialator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:57 PM   #65
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

The point at 30-30 was really silly though. An announcement was suddenly made through the PA system (not the umpire) and he stopped play but the umpire refused to let them replay the point. He loses concentration too easily.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:03 PM   #66
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

Richie

dive into weekends pls
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #67
country flag silverwhite

BTW, I think someone should inform him that a loss would have meant less points even if it earned him a QF spot. Every point matters if he wants to reach the Top 10, not to mention 20 points.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #68
country flag delsa

Quote:

True. I still remember the match against Grosjean in Montreal 05 where he was winning but was disturbed by the announcement of a rain delay (lost a point) and then DFed on the first point (it was SP too) when they returned to court.
Yep and after the match he lso complained about the fact that the end of the match was played during the night and he didn't see the ball correctly, wasn't used to that or something...

I remember seing that match and being so angry at Richard after it... Oh my... i made a stupid and long report on here...
Old 01-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #69
country flag silverwhite

I watched the first set until the rain delay during the wee hours of the morning and then I had to go to school. I checked the result in school and I was . Thank goodness I didn't have to watch the meltdown.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #70
country flag delsa

I did and i was beyond angry in front of the unbelievable farce it turned out to be especailly since he would have met Nadal after if i'm not mistaken !
Old 01-04-2007, 05:30 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa View Post
I did and i was beyond angry in front of the unbelievable farce it turned out to be especailly since he would have met Nadal after if i'm not mistaken !
Is the ATP Results Site incorrect? According to them Richie won
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #72
country flag *Sweet4Richard*

*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute

At least, Richard won

Interesting point he made and as much as I want to him, he does bring up the point about not caring about the match after he knows he's already into the quarters. Yeah, the points matter, but hearing a player say that should raise some eyebrows for the ATP. Still hate the round robin

richard needs stronger discipline.
*Sweet4Richard* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #73
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He sure looked scared during that match... such a baby!

Anyway, Richou, just win this title! ALLEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:44 PM   #74
country flag delsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Is the ATP Results Site incorrect? According to them Richie won
We were speaking about an old match!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #75
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

OK, he won! but I'm quite disturbed by the comment about not caring after the first set. Even if he knew he was through he should want to win every match, not only for the points but because that's his job. It just makes him seem lazy and as if he wants to do the minimum possible. I agree with him that the round robin is stupid, but I can't help feeling that if Federer or Nadal or various other players were in the same position, they wouldn't want to give up after the first set, they would want to win. It seems like he lacks competitiveness, and if he wants to be a top ten player and a contender for big titles, he'll have to improve this.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote