Nico Off Season Reports...Working Hard 8 Hours A Day!!!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #1
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nico Off Season Reports...Working Hard 8 Hours A Day!!!!

November 3 at at 12:12 NYT: Nico has returned to Chile.

Latercera.cl just put up an article but its not completed yet - when they have completed it, I'll post it.

First line though - His problem isn't his coach.

Hope terra.cl has pictures - they used to have pictures all the time of his press conferences, and now they suck and never have pictures.

Last edited by NicoFan : 11-28-2006 at 06:40 PM.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico Off Season Reports

Here's the report from terra.cl (no pictures ):

Nicolas Massú did a positive balance of his season 2006, where arrived at four final and obtained a title. The Chilean, that this week put an end to his year tenístico after falling in the first round of the Masters Series of Paris, maintained that "I should thank that I did not have any injury".

This considering that the 2005 was five months without playing for his physical problems. "Now I could compete", added.

"It was a year with bad and good moments, where I was one of the ones that had better performance in clay and I arrived at four finals, something that not many can say", reflected.

Regarding the negative thing, added that "I remained disagreeing with my ranking. Independently that 40 be normal, it is not what I expect, if not a lot further up".

As for his fall in recent months -did not he pass from the second rounds in the last four contests that disputed-, confidenció that "to end of year he is where more he costs me to play. In indoor hard and where the ball does not give a lot of rowboat"???.

Also it commented that the other year is going to do the same circuit -on the 21 of this month already will begin the physical work-, Brasil, curiously the only tournament where celebrated a title this year. "It is very desgastante ???", asserted.

Finally it referred someramente to the possibility that Marcelo Rios play a tournament in professionals, declaring that "for everything that gave is in conditions of doing what want. If it desires to play a tournament, that do it. That enjoyment of the life".
Old 11-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #3
country flag NicoFan

Well no new news - doesn't sound like he's going to make major changes. Too bad. Of course, I want him to stay with Gaby, but I was hoping he'd make some other changes - especially to his schedule.

From latercera.cl:

Nicolas Massú is of return in the country after finishing to put an end to its season in the circuit ATP with a loss in the first round of the Masters Series of Paris-Bercy, a result that marked the last part of his calendar.

Despite that, the viñamarino carried out a positive balance in the press conference that offered in the corporate building of Telefonica, supported, especially, in the good starter of year, period where harvested his better results.

"I began very well, with an even performance the first months, with a title in Brazil and the final in Vina. Besides, in Cup Davis also I played well against Slovakia, I had a high performance in clay", began analyzing.

"But later on hard court I had bad luck. It touched me with (Roger) Federer, (Rafael) Nadal and I could not repeat. Later, al final of year, are the courts that except I like and the ones that but they cost", he completed relating to the tournaments indoor.

Regarding the fall that had in the last part of the season, and that they have it in the position 43 of the ranking of the ATP, the "Vampire" clarified that never has thought about changing of coach.

"My problem is not my coach and therefore I do not think about stop working with Gabriel (Markus)", he launched. "To be forty is not my ranking, I want to be further up. If it to have had a good participation in some Grand Slam, I would have been able to put twenty".

Massú clarifies that despite all maintains the same motivations of, like they are to arrive far away in a Grand Slam, to gain the Cup Davis (to see box) or to return al "top ten".

Finally, the second national racquet advanced that his next season will begin in Auckland and Australia, in order then to return to Chile to dispute the ATP of Vina del Mar and to expect the sorrow before Russia by the Davis Cup.

The Olympic champion will rest in the country to November 21, day in which will begin with the pre-season, for subsequently travel bound for Buenos Aires where will complete his preparation for the season 2007.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:39 PM   #4
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks NicoFan

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #5
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, thanks Nicofan!

Have a good rest and vacation Nico. And come back better than ever in '07!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:59 PM   #6
country flag NicoFan

I just looked at the calendar - he's not taking a lot of time off - about 2 1/2 weeks.

Sounds like he wants to get a head start on 2007 just like he did last year.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #7
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
I just looked at the calendar - he's not taking a lot of time off - about 2 1/2 weeks.
Wow our Nico loves his work :ekkk:

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #8
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the articles NicoFan and there's a small picture on the frontpage of la tercera, I think that that one is from the press conference

And NicoFan now you should be happy, he's only taking 20 days of vacation and then back to work poor Nico ... and well who knows maybe when the stupid grass season would be near he'd finally hear us and skip it

And the best thing is that I'm glad that he's staying with Gaby Gaby rules!!!

Ok here it's the pic

Have a nice vacation Nico I'll miss you!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:47 PM   #9
country flag NicoFan

Thanks for the picture Kid! I did notice it - but I wanted more! And I hope you note that the goatee is still gone.

I'm glad he's going to BA too. Gaby's the best!

And I am happy that he's only take off 20 days - he had 5 weeks off just a short time ago. In all seriousness, he has so many points to defend at the beginning of the year that he has to be ready. So you should be happy he's only taking 20 days off too.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:57 PM   #10
country flag NicoFan

Clarification - this is according to cooperativa.cl:

He start pre-season training on 11/21 in Santiago.

And will go the next week to Buenos Aires to start with Gaby.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:42 PM   #11
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

yes NicoFan the goatee is still gone but not for that much ... and there's an article in cooperativa about the press conference, it's almost the same but has more quotes from Nico so it's always interesting what Nico has to say ... and the most important thing is that he sounds very motivated for the next year

NicoFan don't remind me about the points that he has to deffend the next year .... pleaseee!! I need vacation too ... oh and a funny quote that he said "I don't think that I'll have the same bad luck as this year with draws" yes Nico that has to change

Nicolás Massú: "No creo que mi mejor momento haya pasado"

En un balance de su temporada 2006, el viñamarino reconoció que estar cerca del puesto 40 es negativo, pero aseguró que aún tiene tenis para buscar hazañas como el doble oro de Atenas 2004.

Nicolás Massú cerró el martes un año que no se acercó a sus objetivos profesionales de terminar entre los 20 mejores del mundo, pero pese a ello el viñamarino no se echa a morir y está seguro de que en las temporadas venideras aún tiene mucho que decir, y que las grandes hazañas no son cosa del pasado.

En entrevista con el diario El Mercurio, el número dos de Chile reconoció que estar en el puesto 43º del Sistema de Entrada de la ATP no es positivo, pero aseveró que tiene el tenis para buscar nuevos logros en 2007.

"No creo que mi mejor momento haya pasado. Yo creo que estoy empezando la segunda mitad de mi carrera, y siento que puedo hacer muchas más cosas", manifestó.

Consultado sobre la posibilidad de acercarse al nivel que lo llevó a obtener los mejores resultados de su carrera en 2003 y 2004, el pupilo de Gabriel Markus fue claro para señalar que el objetivo es llegar a jugar nuevamente de esa forma.

"Si jugara siempre así sería una estrella, pero yo estoy trabajando para eso, y creo que va a pasar otra vez", sostuvo, para luego destacar el título individual y de dobles de los últimos Juegos Olímpicos como lo más importante de su carrera.

"Eso fue único, más grande que cualquier cosa. Todavía los jugadores me dicen a la pasada que darían cualquier cosa por tener esas dos medallas en su pieza. Da un orgullo en el pecho. O sea, eso me hizo conocido en todo el mundo. Soy más famoso que varios top ten de ahora", sostuvo.

Al hacer un balance de su actuación en 2006, donde comenzó con la final de Viña del Mar y el posterior título de Costa do Sauípe pero luego se fue diluyendo, Nicolás Massú reconoció que su juego tuvo demasiados altibajos.

"Hay que ser realista: no es lo que yo espero estar 40 del mundo. He demostrado tener tenis para estar más arriba, más allá de por qué no lo logré este año. Es cierto que tuve mala suerte con los cuadros, pero no quiero pensar que por eso no terminé más arriba, porque pienso que lo fundamental es que no fui regular en los torneos que realmente importan", señaló.

"No tomé las oportunidades que se me presentaron. Yo sé que no puedo decir que fue un mal año, porque ser 40 es difícil, es un ranking correcto y un montón de tipos se morirían por estar en mi puesto. Si hubiera jugado bien uno solo de los torneos grandes, si hubiera hecho semis en un Grand Slam o un Masters Series estaría 20 ó 25 del mundo. Eso me calienta un poco, pero hubo cosas positivas, como que fui el jugador que más partidos ganó en arcilla, que jugué cuatro finales... Pero soy sincero: fue un año sólo regular", agregó.

Respecto de sus objetivos para la próxima temporada, el viñamarino espera tener mejores cuadros ("no creo que me vaya a volver a tocar tan mala suerte"), y señaló que todos sus esfuerzos se centrarán en volver a estar entre los mejores tenistas del mundo.

"Al resto les puedo ganar e incluso a (Roger) Federer o a (Rafael) Nadal también los puedo superar. Yo voy a seguir luchando por volver a meterme entre los 20 primeros y ojalá ser de nuevo top ten. Cuando no había conseguido nada de eso me parecían metas lejanas, pero ahora lo veo como algo mucho más posible, porque ya lo hice. Y no voy a descansar hasta volver a estar arriba, donde debo estar", aseguró.

Nicolás Massú se tomará tres semanas de vacaciones y luego iniciará su pretemporada, con presentaciones en la Copa de Argentina en Buenos Aires en diciembre, y su inicio de año en Auckland 2007. (Cooperativa.cl)

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 11-02-2006, 06:53 PM   #12
country flag NicoFan

Translation - and of all the things he said, the one I bolded is my favorite - that's my fighting boy!!!!!

Nicolas Massú: "I do not believe that my best moment has passed"

In a balance of his season 2006, the viñamarino recognized that to be near the position 40 is negative, but assured that still has tennis to seek feats as the double gold of Athens 2004.

Nicolas Massú closed Tuesday a year that themselves did not approach its professional objectives to finish among the 20 better than the world, but despite it the viñamarino is not thrown to die and is sure that in the future seasons still has a lot that to say, and that the large feats are not thing of the past.

In interview with the newspaper El Mercurio, the number two of Chile recognized that to be in the position 43º of the System of Entrance of the ATP is not positive, but asserted that has the tennis to seek new achievements in 2007.

"Do not I believe that my better moment have passed. I believe that I am beginning the second half of my career, and I feel that I can do many more things", declared.

It consulted on the possibility to be approached al level that carried it to obtain the better results of its career in 2003 and 2004, the pupilo of Gabriel Markus was clear to indicate that the objective is to come to play again of that form.

"If it played always thus would be a star, but I am working for that, and I believe that is going to pass again", maintained, in order then to emphasize the individual title and of double of the last Olympic Games as it more important of its career.

"That was unique, larger than any thing. Still the players tell me to the past that they would give any thing by having those two medals in their piece. It gives a pride in the chest. That is to say, that did me acquaintance everywhere. I am more famous than various top ten of now", maintained.

Al to do a balance of its action in 2006, where began with the end of Vina del Marand the subsequent title in Brasil but then went diluting, Nicolas Massú recognized that his play had too many ups and downs.

"One must be a realist: is not what I expect to be 40 of the world. I have shown to have tennis to be further up, beyond why him did not I achieve this year. It is certain that I had bad luck with the draws, but I do not want to think that therefore did not I finish further up, because I think that the fundamental thing is that I was not regular in the tournaments that really they import", I indicated.

"I did not take the opportunities that were presented me. I know that I cannot say that was a bad year, because to be 40 is difficult, is a ranking correct and a pile of types they would die for being in my position. If it to have played well one alone of the large tournaments, if to have done semis in a Grand Slam or a Masters Series would be 20 ó 25 of the world. That heats me a little, but there were positive things, since I was the player that more matches won on clay, that I played finals... But I am sincere: was a year only too regular", added.

Regarding their objectives for the next season, the viñamarino wait to have better pictures ("do not I believe that be going to touch me again so bad luck"), and indicated that all their efforts will be centered in being again among the better tennis players of the world.

"Al remainder I can win and even to (Roger) Federer or to (Rafael) Nadal also I can surpass them. I am going to continue fighting for putting me again among the 20 first and I hope to be of new top ten. When it had not obtained anything of that they seemed put me distant, but now I see him as something a lot more possible, because already I did him. And I am not going to rest until I am up again, where I should be", he assured.

Nicolas Massú will be taken three weeks of holidays and then he will initiate his pre-season, with presentations in the Cup of Argentina in Buenos Aires in December, and his start of year in Auckland 2007. (Cooperative.cl)

Last edited by NicoFan : 11-02-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #13
country flag kidnicky

Nico he is totally right .... he should be up there!!! he has the talent, the tennis and all what it's needed so VAMOOOS NICOOO!!! you can do it!!!!!

I swear that we'll see him again in the top no matter if I have to pay to Federer, Nadal or the complete ATP to get this for him

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 11-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #14
country flag NicoFan

Default Re: Nico Off Season Reports...Have A Wonderful Vacation NICO ALE!!!

According to lacuarta.cl someone used our Nico's name to get money from Chile Deportes for some project for when Nico wasn't even in Chile - back when he was in Germany and Roland Garros. Nico's papa is furious. Nico is on holiday so his dad had to call and explain it to him. (Hope I got this right with my bad spanish ).
Old 11-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #15
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico Off Season Reports...Have A Wonderful Vacation NICO ALE!!!

It's a big scandal in Chile with Chiledeportes

Poor Nico, this must be awful for him

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote