Asian people especially in Dubai please cheer Paradorn - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-01-2004, 11:44 PM   #16
armaniman

armaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asian people especially in Dubai please cheer Paradorn

GOOOOOOOOOOOO Paradorn, your form has been slippery of late so start getting some wins under ya belt you know it makes sense lol
armaniman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2004, 11:49 PM   #17
armaniman

armaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond reputearmaniman has a reputation beyond repute

he could do with playing phillippoussis right now lol, he would lose to kermit the frog the way his results have been going (scud that is)
armaniman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 12:28 AM   #18
country flag CmonAussie

CmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond repute

Philippoussis is another favourite of mine so I would not like to see him & Srichaphan going head-to-head; but since Mark P has just lost 4-matches in a Row & Paradorn has just lost 3-matches in a Row ->> Atleast if they played each other it would guarantee one of these nice guys a chance to break their unfortunate losing streaks!!!

It's a coincidence that both these players are virtually unbeatable when they find top form & hitting winners all-over-court>> but as soon as their confidence dips they really struggle to win even 1st Round matches anywhere. Also Mark P & Srichaphan are both coached by their respective Fathers ->> I think it says something about their loyalty to family(nice to share success) BUT it's probably halting their development as players!!
*Imagine if either Philippoussis or Srichapahan were to get a coach like Brad Gilbert or Cahill;~ that would trasform them overnight into street-fighting hustlers who could win matches even when their A-Game drops to 60%.
....As an Aussie I want to see Philippoussis make the most of his potential with the right coach*.
....As a lover of World Tennis I want to see Srichaphan make the most of talent by getting a better tactical mentor**.
Anyway it's just the beginning of the year >> we'll see what happens in the next 9months(@_@),. please let one of these guys win something big!!
CmonAussie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:13 AM   #19
country flag Toppu

Toppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, in a way as a Thai I do understand what tangerine_dream said. Actually there is no need to try to encourage "all Asian people" supporting Paradorn. Any people from different nationalities can support him if they like him and tennis is well-known as an individual sport, so I'm not that proud if Paradorn's winning some tournaments but I would be delighted if Ball can display his great tennis during the Olympics or something big like that. Then we can call it "Representation".

Paradorn represents all Asian people?

It's just something that Paradorn is trying to promote TENNIS to his fellow Asian kids, so that they would come out and try to hit the ball. That's all. Don't be that serious.

You know I'm a bit upset here in Thailand because Thai people watch tennis because they want Paradorn to WIN. (which is not a good idea) They should watch and then learn from it and try to improve their game. And that hurts Paradorn because all the pressure is under his belt. There is no need that you are Asian people, therefore you should support Paradorn or Lee Hyung Taik or Leander Paes. That's very funny.

Last edited by Toppu : 03-02-2004 at 03:15 AM.
Toppu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:45 AM   #20
sebastiagol

sebastiagol has a reputation beyond reputesebastiagol has a reputation beyond reputesebastiagol has a reputation beyond reputesebastiagol has a reputation beyond reputesebastiagol has a reputation beyond reputesebastiagol has a reputation beyond reputesebastiagol has a reputation beyond reputesebastiagol has a reputation beyond reputesebastiagol has a reputation beyond reputesebastiagol has a reputation beyond reputesebastiagol has a reputation beyond repute

hummm..This week im suppourting Hrbaty...Go Dominik!!!..

I think that he will beat paradorn in the first round in two sets.

i also think that sargsian can make a good tournament..

im in a big mistake??...humm lets see the matches first..

Is a pity that nalbandian is injured..i hope he can recover soon..'cause the TMS events start the next week
sebastiagol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:48 AM   #21
Prodigy

Prodigy has a reputation beyond reputeProdigy has a reputation beyond reputeProdigy has a reputation beyond reputeProdigy has a reputation beyond reputeProdigy has a reputation beyond reputeProdigy has a reputation beyond reputeProdigy has a reputation beyond reputeProdigy has a reputation beyond reputeProdigy has a reputation beyond reputeProdigy has a reputation beyond reputeProdigy has a reputation beyond repute

It's understandable why thai people feelling so proud of him and want to see him win. They didn't have any sporting superstar like him before.

But finally they will accept that winning & losing is very normal.

If Paradorn still has ankle injury and Hrbaty stay hot, I'll not surprise at all if he lose at the first hurdle again.
Prodigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 05:35 PM   #22
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Paradorn needs to construct points better. I don't think he is smart enough to make the most of his talent. He just seems to be a ball basher for the most part which is sad.
Dirk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:38 PM   #23
country flag i love paradorn

i love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond repute

When he "bashes" the balls, they usually go in. He really doesn't need to play what you call smart tennis in order to win. Anyways, he can't change his style of play this late in his career. Just like Gonzalez is never going to invite defense into his game.
i love paradorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:28 PM   #24
country flag Fin090

Fin090 has a reputation beyond reputeFin090 has a reputation beyond reputeFin090 has a reputation beyond reputeFin090 has a reputation beyond reputeFin090 has a reputation beyond reputeFin090 has a reputation beyond reputeFin090 has a reputation beyond reputeFin090 has a reputation beyond reputeFin090 has a reputation beyond reputeFin090 has a reputation beyond reputeFin090 has a reputation beyond repute

"well said aussie
and tangerine, maybe you just hate asians, that's all, that's the way i feel about white people, too."

How come no one has picked up on this^^??
Fin090 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 03:57 AM   #25
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute

No no he makes errors because of his ball bashing. He has moments of nailing winner after winner but he also can get very sloppy and put himself into a hole that he can't climb out of. He just lacks patience and enough brains to put together point construction to beat the top guys. He could get better but I think the one guy is right. He needs a real coach. Someone that will hone his shotmaking, because he is really solid overall, just gets lost out there.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:23 AM   #26
country flag Toppu

Toppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When he "bashes" the balls, they usually go in.
No.. that's not true, at least from the match against Hrbaty yesterday.

Here's my opinion after watching him play against Hrbaty yesterday.

- still relying on his first serve , trying to hit aces (come on ! placement , not just power)

- no patience like Dirk said, overhitting the ball at times and sometimes trying to hit the ball too early and too hard. (That's why Paradorn did hit the ball into the middle of the net several straight times, while Dominik waiting for his opportunities.) That's why he won 3 titles already.

- There was only one game that Paradorn did close out his service game easily which was the second game of the whole match but since then he struggled to get through while Dominik (who was sick) finished off the points easier.

- I would say he was lucky yesterday because the very fist game that he won, Dominik handed the game to Paradorn. Ball did not do anything. Let's hope he can find his best shots against IVan today.

Last edited by Toppu : 03-04-2004 at 04:35 AM.
Toppu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:14 AM   #27
country flag Dirk

Paradorn has slam potential written all over him. He just needs tactics to and a brain that works for 3 out of 5 set or 2 out of 3. I think he needs a new coach because he is so close to becoming a consistent top ten player.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:05 AM   #28
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk
No no he makes errors because of his ball bashing. He has moments of nailing winner after winner but he also can get very sloppy and put himself into a hole that he can't climb out of. He just lacks patience and enough brains to put together point construction to beat the top guys. He could get better but I think the one guy is right. He needs a real coach. Someone that will hone his shotmaking, because he is really solid overall, just gets lost out there.
I really agree on this. Paradorn is a great player but sometimes he's just bashing balls all the time. The one good match I saw him playing was this year tata open final vs Moya, he shots were solid and was patient in constructing points but finally lost it when again became too anxious at the last few points.

Maybe a good coach can give him guides on playing his game more effectively. I'd love to see him climbing up to top 5 one day.
lsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:38 AM   #29
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe I am saying this Dirk, but I agree with that, he has the talent to do very well in Slams, he just needs to move to that next level which requires more consistency.

He needs points now, as the clay season comes up he won't do that well, he can't just go for winners on clay and expect success.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:26 AM   #30
country flag Dirk

Um yeah George it feels good, you should try it more often. Paradorn is always going to be screwed on clay. I don't think he really cares about doing well on clay either.