The Longest Singles Matches, best of five sets (21st century) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #16
country flag Alonsofz

Alonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Longest Singles Matches, best of five sets (21st century)

Ricardo Mello (BRA) d. Frank Dancevic (CAN) 3-6, 6-7(7), 6-3, 6-3, 11-9 in 4 hrs. 57 mins.

If you like tennis and speak spanish enter here!
Alonsofz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2007, 09:16 PM   #17
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Wow This Dancevic is a real choker. Thanks Alonsofz
Mello last year in the Davis Cup defeated N.Lapentti after 4:35. A new "marathon man"
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:56 AM   #18
country flag Alonsofz

Alonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
Wow This Dancevic is a real choker. Thanks Alonsofz
Mello last year in the Davis Cup defeated N.Lapentti after 4:35. A new "marathon man"
You're welcome... I love stats, so I can help you when you need

If you like tennis and speak spanish enter here!
Alonsofz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #19
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think besides Cańas, only Saretta won 5 "longer than 4 hours" matches in the last six years.
Being a moonballer sometimes pays...
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:58 PM   #20
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha, has anyone noticed that Canas' four-set revenge over Hewitt in 2002 was one minute longer than his five-set defeat the previous year? Mind you, when you play one set that lasts a little over 95 minutes (that was the second set, which he won 15-13 in the tiebreak), even a four-setter is bound to run close to four hours at least.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:05 PM   #21
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster View Post
Ha ha, has anyone noticed that Canas' four-set revenge over Hewitt in 2002 was one minute longer than his five-set defeat the previous year? Mind you, when you play one set that lasts a little over 95 minutes (that was the second set, which he won 15-13 in the tiebreak), even a four-setter is bound to run close to four hours at least.
I'm curious about the longest tie-break set. I don't know any tie-break set lasted over 100 minutes
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Old 04-15-2007, 01:13 AM   #22
country flag Andre♥

Andre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm curious about the longest tie-break set. I don't know any tie-break set lasted over 100 minutes
Acasuso vs Phau 2nd set in Toronto or Cincinatti was really long.

Acasuso wins the 1st set. I go to the beach. I went back to my vacations home and the set was still on with 17-16 on the tie-break!

*JOĂO SOUSA* *GASTĂO ELIAS* *FREDERICO GIL* *PEDRO SOUSA* *RUI MACHADO*
Andre♥ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:47 AM   #23
country flag Voo de Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
Acasuso vs Phau 2nd set in Toronto or Cincinatti was really long.

Acasuso wins the 1st set. I go to the beach. I went back to my vacations home and the set was still on with 17-16 on the tie-break!

This match lasted 121 minutes, so I think the set with record tie-break lasted max. "only" 70 minutes.
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Old 04-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #24
country flag Voo de Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster View Post
Mind you, when you play one set that lasts a little over 95 minutes (that was the second set, which he won 15-13 in the tiebreak), even a four-setter is bound to run close to four hours at least.
95 minutes also fourth set Roland Garros final 2000: Kuerten def. M.Norman 6-2, 6-3, 2-6, 7-6(6)
93 minutes lasted first set of last year match at Roland Garros: Nadal def. Mathieu 5-7, 6-4, 6-4, 6-4
90 minutes 1st set in Miami 2003: A.Costa def. Massu 7-6(6) 6-2
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Old 04-18-2007, 10:02 AM   #25
country flag Andre♥

Andre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond repute

Can you do the list of the shortest best of 3 matches that actually went to the 3 sets?

Gaudio vs Djokovic was pretty quick for a 3 set match.

*JOĂO SOUSA* *GASTĂO ELIAS* *FREDERICO GIL* *PEDRO SOUSA* *RUI MACHADO*
Andre♥ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:22 AM   #26
country flag Voo de Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
Can you do the list of the shortest best of 3 matches that actually went to the 3 sets?
No, the long matches look for me much more attractive.
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Old 04-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #27
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine that match between Tuksar and Chela went to 5th set. Tuksar was close to win the 4th set tie break, and they played at the same level, it would be a much longer match, even though this is very long match for a 4-setter.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:04 AM   #28
country flag Voo de Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Imagine that match between Tuksar and Chela went to 5th set. Tuksar was close to win the 4th set tie break, and they played at the same level, it would be a much longer match, even though this is very long match for a 4-setter.
Yeah, I was watching that match on a scoreboard 5-setter in that match could last around 5 hours.
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Old 06-29-2007, 10:32 PM   #29
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any stats about longest game (points and minutes, doesn't have to be the same one) and longest rally? That last one is a tough ask, I know.

What I recall in both departments is:
1) Graf-Sanchez Vicario, 13 deuces, 19 minutes; I have written and kept a note while watching this - apparently it was at 5 all, third set! so I think it was from the 1996 RG final.
I know WTA belongs elsewhere, but I can't come up with a similar example from an ATP match just now.
2) Perhaps the 32-stroke rally between Andre and Pete in one of their GS finals encounters?
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:40 PM   #30
country flag Voo de Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post
Are there any stats about longest game (points and minutes, doesn't have to be the same one) and longest rally? That last one is a tough ask, I know.

What I recall in both departments is:
1) Graf-Sanchez Vicario, 13 deuces, 19 minutes; I have written and kept a note while watching this - apparently it was at 5 all, third set! so I think it was from the 1996 RG final.
I know WTA belongs elsewhere, but I can't come up with a similar example from an ATP match just now.
2) Perhaps the 32-stroke rally between Andre and Pete in one of their GS finals encounters?
1) Casablanca 1996: Berasategui def. Filippini 6-2 6-3
20 deuces, 28 minutes
2) The longest rally what I saw: 43-stroke with winning forehand (Schalken vs. Muster, Monte Carlo 1996)
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces