Rogi at Dubai - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-08-2004, 02:30 AM   #166
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rogi at Dubai

Well done Rogi

Great fightback Roger and great recent record
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2004, 02:32 AM   #167
country flag LCeh

LCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond repute

Hey George, I hope Rogi will do well at IW too. But it's probably gonna be tough with so many top players out there. But I heard that Rogi won't play until the end of the first week, can anyone explain that to me?
LCeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:58 AM   #168
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute

Rogi!!!

So excited for Rogi's second title of the year and man...doesn't Rogi look extremely happy too??? In fact he said after the win : "this title is very high in his rankings"

Some of the quotes from the after match interview of both players :

Federer: "He definitely played good tennis and it was difficult to comeback against him especially to give him the lead like I did after I got broken in the very first game. I knew right away when I gave him that start it would be difficult. I had many, many chances to come back but I felt it (the match) could swing away so I was happy to change some things in the second set and from then on it went really well. I changed my return, because every time I had break chances on the "ad court" and every time I thought I played a good point but I lost it. So I had to take more risk."

"I thought he played unbelievable tennis in the first set and came up with some great shots, big power, great serving and he totally deserved the first set."

(How do you rate this win and title?) "Very high! Especially to comeback from a set down and to win, it's very difficult in general in tennis especially in the finals. I thought experience could play a role, and it did a little bit because he probably got a little frustrated. This (title) is very high in my rankings, defending title is something else than winning the first time."

Lopez: "Well I'm happy because I had a great week. I was playing so good especially at the beginning of the match. I was close today, I almost beat the best player in the world so I have to be happy."

"He (Federer) was returning my serve so good and then he served unbelievable in the second and third sets. He was getting better and better as the match went on but I was getting a little down as the match went on. The thing is, I was playing wonderful tennis in the first set but it's not easy to keep it going."

(What did you learn from this experience?) "Many things, I get confidence for the next tournament and then the experience, to play with Roger in a final. We have played three times and he has beaten me three times, I have always played good with him and I have always lost which means he is a very good player, he's the best player. This is a great experience. "
lsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:08 AM   #169
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Lceh, the tournament doesn't start to Wednesday and the top 32 have a bye, so hence that is why he is playing later in the week.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:41 AM   #170
country flag Iker1

Iker1 has a reputation beyond reputeIker1 has a reputation beyond reputeIker1 has a reputation beyond reputeIker1 has a reputation beyond reputeIker1 has a reputation beyond reputeIker1 has a reputation beyond reputeIker1 has a reputation beyond reputeIker1 has a reputation beyond reputeIker1 has a reputation beyond reputeIker1 has a reputation beyond reputeIker1 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and go,Rogi!
Old 03-08-2004, 01:49 PM   #171
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Roger

I know it's a little bit late to be here, but it's never late to congratulate my Roger and cheer for him! So far so good! 2 titles out of 3 official tourneys...16-1 in 2004...lead the champion race ranking by quite a mile...#1 already for 5 weeks and still much likely to go far...anymore can I ask for?

Now good luck in US Roger! You still have much to gain there. Take your form and mental strength. Hope you grab one of them, even both I'd like to see

Take a good rest!
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:44 PM   #172
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Love yer smile, babe

Federer retains Dubai title

World number one Roger Federer became the first player to retain the Dubai Open when he came from a set down to defeat Feliciano Lopez 4-6 6-1 6-2.

The Australian Open champion started badly and after dropping his serve in the opening game, he failed to convert five break points at 4-3 down.

However Federer started to find his rhythm in the second set and broke twice to take the match into a decider.

Federer dominated the third set and dropped just four points on his serve.

The Swiss star afterwards paid tribute to his Spanish opponent, who impressed in his first ATP tour final.

"I really had to fight hard and I think Feliciano is definitely going to win his first title soon," said Federer.

"He started very well and it was really difficult for me to come back. I had a little more experience.

"He played unbelievable tennis, I thought.

"I played good tennis except for that first game, and he came up with some unbelievable shots, unbelievable power, great serving and he totally deserved that first set.

"This means very much to me, to come back from a set down in a final. I don't remember if I ever did this before.

"Except for that first game I thought I played a perfect match."

Lopez was positive despite the defeat, saying, "I'm happy because I played great tennis this week and I was close today against the best player in the world."
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:10 PM   #173
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article Tangerine!

GO FED!!!!!!!!

Rogi Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - J. C. Ferrero

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote