Rogi at Dubai - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-06-2004, 10:20 PM   #136
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Rogi at Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytben
Thanks for the quote Mrs. B!

good job Rogi. LOL, I am wondering if they will show up with similar clothes and accessories tomorrow? The spectator on the far back can get confused who's who
It'll be easy to tell them apart. Feli is the one wearing the sleeveless Nike shirt, and of course he's the lefty...

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2004, 10:26 PM   #137
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

That's true, Mrs. B. Rogi is too modest to wear the sleeveless T!!

Should be a good one... Rogi is ready for a tough match fr a confident Feli.

Feli's funny too:

It's not easy to play against Roger, he's the best player in the world. I told everybody two years ago that he would become number one. I just have to go on court and do the best I can and to put him in trouble.

A tennis match of the pretty one vs. the beautiful one...

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:27 PM   #138
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rogi at Dubai

But, god do they look alike though. Of course i'm sure you all remember the incedient where the trainer came out for Roger at Wimbledon and he went to the wrong player!! But of course, the big distinct difference would be the clothes, and which hand there holding there raquet in
Old 03-06-2004, 10:34 PM   #139
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Lopez reaches first final but faces old foe Federer
By John Roberts in Dubai
07 March 2004

Feliciano Lopez, a Spanish Davis Cup player, will tonight play in his first ATP Tour final. He faces Roger Federer, the world No 1 and Wimbledon and Australian Open champion, who is attempting a defence of the Dubai Open.

The 22-year-old Lopez is no stranger to Federer. They met in the fourth round at Wimbledon last summer, when the Swiss had a back spasm and seemed in danger of having to retire. He recovered and prevailed, 7-6 6-4 6-4, going on to play consummate tennis and defeat Mark Philippoussis in the final. Lopez prefers to remember taking the opening set and pushing Federer to a tie-break in the second set before losing, 4-6 7-6 6-4, in the quarter-finals of the Madrid Masters last October.

Ranked No 32 and climbing, Lopez is already the highest- placed left-hander on the Tour, although he was not at his most impressive in defeating Mikhail Youzhny, of Russia, 6-4 4-6 6-4 in the first of yesterday's semi-finals, played in a temperature of 34C and 75 per cent humidity. Federer, the only seed left in the tournament, also had a testing time in more comfortable evening conditions before defeating Jarkko Nieminen, of Finland, another left-hander, 7-6 6-2.

Although Federer broke for 3-2 in the opening set as the 34th-ranked Nieminen was struggling for rhythm on his serve, the Finn startled the crowd by immediately breaking back to love. Federer twice served to stay in the set, at 4-5 and 5-6, and had to save three set-points in the tie-break, in which Nieminen recovered from 3-0 down.

Federer converted his first set-point with a breathtaking backhand cross-court pass to secure the shoot-out 9-7, but Nieminen deserved better after taking the game to his opponent, and was unlucky with some calls that went Federer's way. A sense that Nieminen's opportunity had passed heightened after he lost the first three games of the second set, and Federer once again became a class act.

Lopez's confidence wavered in his contest with Youzhny. A break in the third game was enough for him to take the opening set, but he became increasingly uncertain when the Russian started to serve with authority in the second set. Youzhny levelled the match with a break in the 10th game, Lopez driving long on the second set-point.

Although Lopez had three chances to break in the opening game of the final set, there was little evidence of his usual attacking game. He tried to outrally Youzhny from the baseline, giving his opponent the chance to approach the net and volley, which he did too often for Lopez's comfort.

It was not until the eighth game that Lopez recovered his nerve, with a backhand volley to hold serve and a triumphant shout of "Vamos!" That shot transformed Lopez from a player on the verge of ending his week indisappointment into a vibrant contender. He took the set's only break for 5-4, pressing Youzhny into hitting a forehand long, and served out the match after an hour and 57 minutes.

Born in Toledo, Lopez started to play tennis at the age of five. The family moved to Madrid, where he came under the wing of the Spanish Tennis Federation, who awarded him a scholarship to train at their academy in Barcelona and hit with the élite Spanish players.

Last July, Lopez won the Spanish National Championships, defeating the 17-year-old Rafael Nadal, a fellow left-hander, in the final.

Asked what he needed to improve in his game to threaten Federer, Lopez said: "I don't have time to improve anything. I'll just have to go with what I have this week and do my best."

http://sport.independent.co.uk/

"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
Old 03-06-2004, 11:27 PM   #140
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article RF!!! Well done ROGI, now win this final!!!
GOOOOOOO FED!!!!!!!!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 11:39 PM   #141
country flag ytben

ytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article RF

Ha, it will truly be a match of the beautiful and pretty one First time I saw Feli he was watching somebody else's match and the TV showed him. I thought he is a model or something only to later found out he is a tennis player too.

Oh I didn't realize Feli is wearing sleeveless T this year. Last year they both wore the same clothes, same bandannas, and ponytails .
ytben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 11:54 PM   #142
jtipson

jtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Rogi at Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytben
Hmmm, maybe one of the stat gurus here can let us know what Rogi need to do in the two TMSs to secure his #1? He's only defending first round at IW and 4th round at Nasdaq.
Well, I'm not quite a stats guru, but here's my calcs.

Current status:
RF: 5080 (5170 if wins Dubai)
JCF: 4460
AR: 4335 (4390 if wins Scottsdale)

Defending Indian Wells:
RF: 35
JCF: 35
AR : 125

Since the difference between Federer and Ferrero is 620 points (710 if Roger wins tomorrow), number one is not at stake at IW. Roger can only lose 30 points (if he loses his first match), and Juan Carlos can only gain 465 if he wins. So the closest they can be is 125 apart.

By the way, for Roddick to get number two at IW, he needs to get to the semis, and outlast Ferrero by two rounds. It's more difficult if he doesn't win in Scottsdale, since he won't have so many points. Anyway, I digress.

For Miami, it's more difficult to tell at this point, because IW results will make a big difference. The defence is:
RF: 125
JCF: 35
AR: 35

Basically, this means Roger has to have about 580 points difference between him and Juan Carlos (or Andy) going into Miami to be sure of being number one afterwards. A reasonable result at either should ensure he stays at the top.

In any case he can't lose number one before the post-Miami rankings - he's guaranteed nine weeks up there.
jtipson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 11:57 PM   #143
country flag LCeh

LCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the analysis jtipson! Glad to hear nobody is close to overtake Rogi's #1 spot yet.
LCeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 12:30 AM   #144
country flag ytben

ytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks jtipson! That's exactly what I want to know. So Rogi's #1 is guaranteed in IW. Hopefully he will do well there so he doesn't have too much pressure in Miami.
ytben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 12:50 AM   #145
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

Go Rogi!!! Defend youre title!!! Interesting and helpful stats jtipson. Thanks
Old 03-07-2004, 03:17 AM   #146
country flag RogiFan88

Thanks for the stats... good to see Rogi can hold onto #1 for 9 weeks cos Juanqui was #1 for 7 weeks, Maratski for 8 weeks [in 2000 probably when HE won 7 titles incl his USO]. Here's an interesting stat: Becker was only #1 for 12 weeks.

No matter what happens, let's just cheer on Rogi w those noisy Swiss fans in Dubai... Feli will have his Spanish supporters to cheer him on! Should be a cool match...

Saw some hilites on BBC tonight!!

Old 03-07-2004, 04:01 AM   #147
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Roger, get those returns working and defend your Dubai title.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:40 AM   #148
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Roger you can do it. Pick Lopez apart. No hiccups and letdowns. I don't want George to kill himself if you lose to Mr. Mirror.
Dirk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:19 AM   #149
country flag Jazzy

Jazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond repute

GOOD LUCK rogi & beat Lopez!!!!!!
hope he can take the title like last year!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Jazzy : 03-07-2004 at 08:13 AM.
Jazzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:44 PM   #150
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the point analysis jtipson!

Rogi, No.1 for at least 9 weeks...yeah!!! Seems like none of us had actually bothered counting the number of weeks rogi had been in No.1 so far, I'm just contented with his 2nd slam for the beginning of the year

ytben, who's the beautiful and who's the pretty? I need to be clear so I don't cheer for the wrong one
lsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote