Thiemo de Bakker Cheering Thread - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #121
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thiemo de Bakker Cheering Thread

thiemo wins another challenger. hes the challenger goat!!

he decided to skip the us open qualies.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2009, 12:15 PM   #122
country flag Jōris

Jōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond repute

Old 08-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #123
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
pretty silent here

I loved the way he played against an in-form-Arthurs in Wimbledon last year, although his game seems to be worse or just less developed than other players born in 1988, Del Potro, Cilic, Gulbis

Amersfoort, some challengers and futures followed, but he has not played for 4 months now? when will he return? I could well imagine him being awarded a wildcard, at least for qualifying, for Rotterdam (February)
from January '08

I've been following him quite a while, whenever there was sth. to follow
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:30 AM   #124
country flag Jōris

Jōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
from January '08

I've been following him quite a while, whenever there was sth. to follow
:vacuums:
Old 08-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #125
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/26082009/...de-bakker.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosport
Tennis Spy: Thiemo de Bakker
Eurosport - Wed, 26 Aug 06:44:00 2009

Dutch number one Thiemo de Bakker has failed to deliver on his huge potential, but recent results suggest to the Tennis Spy that he is finally turning the corner.

Full name: Thiemo de Bakker

Nationality: Dutch (Born in the Hague)

World Ranking: 151

Career highlights: Winner of three Challenger Tour events in the space of four weeks in July and August 2009. Made crucial contribution as Holland beat Korea to enter the Davis Cup World Group last eyar. Made last 16 at ATP Munich and ATP s-Hertogenbosch in 2009, in the case of Munich beating world number 30 Rainer Schuettler in the process. Winner of four Futures tournaments in previous seasons. Winner of 2006 Junior Wimbledon title.

General: The great hope of Dutch tennis had a stellar junior career that culminated in his success in the 2006 Junior Wimbledon tournament. While he has not leapt into the top echelons of the world since then, he has enjoyed a steady, successful rise through the ranks - and his recent Challenger Tour form suggested he is about to go supernova.

Strengths: A lively, aggressive player who is a fierce competitor. Very good serve - he stands 6'4" and pumps out aces regularly when his timing is on. Two-handed backhand is decent without being exceptional, and he has a fantastic habit of always looking for the angle with his forehand. Loves charging the net to close points out, making him exciting to watch.

Weaknesses: Though his aggression is a real boon, he struggles to turn points around when his opponent takes the upper hand in a rally. While he's always looking for the edge with the angles of his ground strokes, he often seems to float back fairly nondescript shots with little penetrating power. His tall, gangly physique seems to get in his way, as he often struggles to get himself into position to play the right shot.

Prospects: Endured a slow start to his career and is still well outside the world's top 100, but De Bakker's recent blistering results suggest he is getting on top of his game and starting to get the best out of himself. Only managed to step up to Challenger level after cracking Futures tournaments, and now he has cracked Challenger competition he must surely feel ready to take the step up to ATP level. And the Spy has high hopes for him, for one big reason: de Bakker is not afraid to win. In a sport where mental frailty is fatal to a player's hopes, that could be the crucial factor that helps lift him above others. Mark him down now as a future top-100 player, a likely top-50 player and a reasonable bet to be a future top-20 star.

Personal: The middle of three brothers, de Bakker was introduced to the game by his mother Carlieke while visiting her club. Obsessed with sport from as early as he can remember, he was a keen swimmer and footballer. But it was his precocious tennis talent that was spotted by local coach Ruud Thijssenm who nurtured his career for six years before de Bakker went to Holland's Huib Troost tennis academy. Raemon Sluiter is his current coach.
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #126
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arend View Post
:vacuums:
yup, your account back then
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #127
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

Thiemo beat Middelkoop 64 57 75 in Brasov, Romania. He'll play Gutierrez-Ferrol tomorrow, second on CC
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/696/op.pdf
Old 09-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #128
country flag sheva07

sheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice that he can add some points here in Brasov as back-up for the dropping points from Alphen in two weeks. Go Thiemo!
Berdych - Tsonga - Wawrinka - Del Potro - Gasquet - Haas - Janowicz - Youzhny - Tomic - Llodra - Hewitt - Gulbis - Mahut - Haase - Schoorel - Sijsling - Huta Galung - De Bakker - Van der Duim - Westerhof - Middelkoop - Fransen/Koolhof

All time: Safin - Schalken - Krajicek - Sluiter - Verkerk - Henman - Ivanisevic - Nalbandian - Ferrero - Philippoussis - Sampras - Siemerink - Blake - F.Gonzalez - Ancic - Haarhuis/Eltingh

Still supporting all the Dutchies despite their great choking skills
sheva07 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #129
country flag Klaas_nalbandian

Klaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva07 View Post
Nice that he can add some points here in Brasov as back-up for the dropping points from Alphen in two weeks. Go Thiemo!
with his semi final here his Q of Alphen last year is covered. only 6 p from kolding now to defend.

Although this current form is superb he didn't meet so much quality players. Hopefully he also wins his matches against top 100 players

Escude-Kuerten
Dutch players

Gasquet-Ferrero-Lopez-Mathieu

Nadal-Acasuso-Haas-Youzhny-Berdych-Gonzalez-Tursunov

Söderling-Del Potro-Bellucci-Lapentti-Roddick-Verdasco
Klaas_nalbandian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #130
country flag Tess Gray

Thiemo won 64 64
Old 09-05-2009, 05:18 PM   #131
country flag Jōris

Quote:
yup, your account back then
Wha?

:sprays air freshener:
Old 09-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #132
country flag Tess Gray

Thiemo is in another final

He beat Aldi in the semis 6-2 6-0 He is going to play the nr 2 seed Riba tomorrow in the finals.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/696/op.pdf
Old 09-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #133
country flag Tess Gray

Thiemo just won the final 7-5 6-0 Awesome job, Thiemo!
Old 09-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #134
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Moving very close to top 100!
Old 09-07-2009, 01:30 AM   #135
country flag Sheva

Sheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond repute

Really looking forward to seeing him play in DC! Not that I think he can match Jo, Gilles or Gael but still it would be a nice test to see how he does against the big boys..