A Question About Nalbandian - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-27-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
country flag clairelai

clairelai is on a distinguished road
Default A Question About Nalbandian

Hi, everyone. I am Claire. Recently, I got a news that Nalbandian and Federer have been friends since their childhood. Is it true? I was pretty surprised when I heard the news from the anchor. Argentine is far from Swiss. How did they become friends? Hope someone can give me an answer.Thank you!
clairelai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
country flag Kiank

Kiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Question About Nalbandian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairelai View Post
Hi, everyone. I am Claire. Recently, I got a news that Nalbandian and Federer have been friends since their childhood. Is it true? I was pretty surprised when I heard the news from the anchor. Argentine is far from Swiss. How did they become friends? Hope someone can give me an answer.Thank you!
As far as I know, they've never been close friends, but they've known each other very well since the junior tournaments. They were on the same level and competed in several finals of junior tournaments, including Grand Slams. Nalbandian actually beat Federer in 1998 US Open final.
Kiank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
country flag Sakura 0101
Banned!

Sakura 0101 has a reputation beyond reputeSakura 0101 has a reputation beyond reputeSakura 0101 has a reputation beyond reputeSakura 0101 has a reputation beyond reputeSakura 0101 has a reputation beyond reputeSakura 0101 has a reputation beyond reputeSakura 0101 has a reputation beyond reputeSakura 0101 has a reputation beyond reputeSakura 0101 has a reputation beyond reputeSakura 0101 has a reputation beyond reputeSakura 0101 has a reputation beyond repute

As Kiank said, I don't think thay are friend.
I've never heard that even they have practiced together before.
No doubt there's a good rivalry between them though.
Sakura 0101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:41 PM   #4
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

They have much respect for each other, and a quite interesting rivalry, but I wouldn't say they are friends nope. Actually I think they are completly the opposite, there's huge diference between them, especially in the way they aproach life and their job.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:08 PM   #5
country flag Mili

Mili has a reputation beyond reputeMili has a reputation beyond reputeMili has a reputation beyond reputeMili has a reputation beyond reputeMili has a reputation beyond reputeMili has a reputation beyond reputeMili has a reputation beyond reputeMili has a reputation beyond reputeMili has a reputation beyond reputeMili has a reputation beyond reputeMili has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think they are friends. They just know each other for quite a long time...since juniors...and the often have to play matches against each other!
Mili is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:18 AM   #6
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairelai View Post
Argentine is far from Swiss. How did they become friends? Hope someone can give me an answer.Thank you!
hehehe.. The "friends" question have been answered.. but no one's taken care of the most important issue of the question

How come the geographical distance is any impediment for 2 guys being friends? Specially competing on the junior circuit together.. I mean..

Even though..

These guys share probably the same hotel, play the same draw, train in same courts.. have breakfast in the same place.. since they are..lets say..15?

I mean.. ive even heard some nasty stories about young Hewitt moking argies when they all were 16..15..

I mean.. hey! whats with the geographical distance? I mean..even if they are or are not friends.. 2 players can be friends, Younes El Aynaoui's been friend of a lot of argentinians and the guy is moroccan .. and he is in great terms with spanish guys as well

Carlos Moya is friend with a lot of argies..as well..I mean.. i dont see why someone can be amused of 2 players becoming friends, even if they are from different continets =P

thanks.. gluck
FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote