Mr. Disney Watch - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-28-2006, 10:42 PM   #46
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

We ask for the first 3 days with Eléa on center court...we'll see
Last year we saw Nico practicing with his little brother during the Benny Berthet charity day Papa Massu , Mama Massu and ... Eléa and I nobody else interested in Nico's practice session...

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2006, 11:47 PM   #47
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Brahna - I hate the round robin system too. And hope you get to see our Nico at Roland Garros.

I'm sooo jealous of you and Lovely and Elea because you get to go there - its my dream tournament. But lucky you!

And you can rant anytime you want. I do it all the time.

Last edited by NicoFan : 12-28-2006 at 11:53 PM.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:32 PM   #48
country flag Brahna

Brahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for cheering me!
Lovely - Maybe we'll meet during RG!
NicoFan - Don't worry if we are able to see Nico playing during RG, there will be a few pics to tell you...
Brahna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:02 PM   #49
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahna View Post
Lovely - Maybe we'll meet during RG!
Sure we could meet during RG ! Find Gaston or Nico and you'll find me
And talking about RR system,if Gaston plays in Stuttgart we 're gonna there too in July and Stuttgart is a RR tournament so it will be our first one...

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:24 PM   #50
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Now we can get really .

Check out the draw for Adelaide.

Sh*t - you need an advanced degree in math.

to the ATP. Idiotos.

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/T...07/339/MDS.pdf
Old 12-31-2006, 04:30 AM   #51
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

this is soooo funny .... definetely the stupid people in the ATP have no lifes so they tried to make ours more "entertaining" ?!?!?!

I hate this sh-t!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:59 AM   #52
country flag NicoFan

Peter Bodo is a blogger for Tennis magazine and ESPN.

He wrote a funny blog on round robins. Well, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Bodo muses on what Etienne de Villiers, ATP Chairman, might have been thinking when he came up with the new round robin system:

"OK, everyone. You may think the mission is to come up with a format that nobody understands without an instruction manual, but it's not that simple. We also need it to be one that will lead fans to suspect that players are throwing matches, diminish the importance of a huge upset, create a tournament chockablock with meaningless matches, and feature a 'draw' that will be about as easy to read as the Excel spreadsheet of a Fortune 500 company. And let's make the whole thing about who gets to the single-elimination stage math-based!"

Old 01-03-2007, 03:40 AM   #53
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

totally agree with the guy, this thing sucks and I still don't understand it, well let's face it, I refuse to understand it .... today when I saw Stepanek again in the oop for tomorrow in Adelaide and I saw that he lost in first round so I was about to ask "why is Stepanek playing again?!?!" I'm hopeless I know

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 03-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #54
country flag NicoFan

FYI.

One of Nico's tournaments...Estoril...has decided that it won't have RR after all.

And I think Bastad isn't going to have it either - but Nico tends to switch between Bastad and Gstaad so may not matter.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #55
country flag kidnicky

really!!?!?! greaaaaaaaaaat news!!!!! and I don't think that Nico would be playing the tournament that has RR after all the big scandal with Buenos Aires and the other tournament (when I was in acapulco lol!)

this shit has to end please!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 03-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #56
country flag NicoFan

Wave bye bye to round robins.

ATP has decided to end the experiment....no more round robins!

http://www.atptennis.com/en/news/2007/roundrobin.asp
Old 03-21-2007, 09:06 PM   #57
country flag kidnicky

everyooone knew that this stupid thing sucks

De Villiers ... f*ck you!!! and stop making "experiments" go to experiment creating a new atraction in Disney not with a profesional sport

Thanks for the news NicoFan

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 03-21-2007, 09:07 PM   #58
country flag Brahna

Brahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond reputeBrahna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for the great news NicoFan!

No more round robin!

Bye, bye RR good riddance!

But I fear a bit about that:
“It was a good experiment and we learned a lot from it. Some experiments will work and others won’t, but we will keep trying to find new and better ways of growing the appeal of men’s professional tennis,” de Villiers said.
Brahna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:21 AM   #59
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

finally a good news from that clown De Villiers

no more RR!!!!!

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #60
country flag NicoFan

Default Re: Mr. Disney Watch

I renamed the thread - figure we can chat about the insane changes that Mr. Disney is making.

This was posted on GM - which was originally posted on the comments area of Bodo's chat.

Basically the ATP is going to put the smaller tournaments out of business.

"From 2009 there will be no IS Golds (currently Memphis, Rotterdam, Dubai, Acapulco, Barcelona, Stuttgart, Kitzbuhel, Tokyo, Vienna). Now we have 9 TMS and 9 IS Golds. (Adds up to 7 on clay, 6 on outdoor hard, 5 indoor).

From 2009 we will have 8 Masters including the Asian event, and ten "Open 500" tourneys (the winner gets 500 points) plus the remainder being "Open 250" events - an unspecified number, (the winner gets 250 points).

To cut a long story short, this makes the lower-tier ATP events relatively less attractive overall points-wise to the players, so any tourneys pushed down to Open 250 are losing out measurably.

From what I've gathered (and this was confirmed by someone over on Steve Tignor's blog) there is still an ongoing discussion about having the Madrid TMS effectively as part of a combined ATP/WTA event on clay, pre Roland Garros. Which may mean Rome TMS is not safe.

So, whatever happens, two current TMS get downgraded because of what is expected to be an Asian hardcourt event taking priority over them. The clay events are in the firing line - both Hamburg and Monte Carlo. If they get "Open 500" status, which will be a downgrade for them, and the current IS Golds, of which there are nine, are considered for the remaining nine places in the IS Gold series, it still means one current IS Gold gets downgraded. Unhappy tournament directors/sponsors, without a doubt.

The idea is that the TMS winners will get 1000 points, and the ATP hopes that the Slams will agree to double their Slam winner points to 2000.

Essentially this is all designed to make some tourneys disappear. I'm basing these comments on an interview I saw with deV recently, and some additional research into the ATP's plans."

Last edited by NicoFan : 03-22-2007 at 10:58 PM.