Quotes and articles - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-26-2004, 06:58 AM   #1
country flag Denise

Denise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond repute
Post Quotes and articles

Hello!!!!!!!! I just wanna know if someone can help me sendin' quotes and articles of Tommy Haas coz I did not find great ones I could be glad if u send me the quotes which are the best, u know... the ones u like at most

thx
Love
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quotes and articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise_v
Hello!!!!!!!! I just wanna know if someone can help me sendin' quotes and articles of Tommy Haas coz I did not find great ones I could be glad if u send me the quotes which are the best, u know... the ones u like at most

thx
Love
This thread wasn't used since long time, but I've found a good article about Tommy's and Canas' year and was looking where I could post it... I'll use this existing thread here for this purpose.

a very nice round-up for such an unbelievable return to ATP tennis Tommy had after all his injury struggles

Quote:
Tommy Haas' wonderful beginning to a second career

After a 15-month-long recovery from a shoulder injury, Haas is once again the best-ranked German tennis player

18. November 2004 By Wolfgang Scheffler
(FAZ)

The season came to an abrupt and unexpected end for Tommy Haas as he fell to Argentinean Guillermo Canas 6:7 and 2:6 in the semi-finals of the Paris Masters. Canas has proven to be one of the Hamburg native's fiercest rivals. Only once in five separate meetings has Haas come away on top, and this was nearly three years ago at the pair's first meeting in the Austrian International Series. Since then it has been a string of losses for Haas, three alone in this year. He hasn't even won a set off the Buenos Aires-born Canas. ”He returns every shot,” grumbles Haas, ”just like [Lleyton] Hewitt.”
The two players are not only strong adversaries on the court, both Canas and Haas could easily vie for the title of ”tennis comeback star” of the year. In 2003, Canas had to sit out for eight months after a wrist operation. Haas, on the other hand, took a 15-month-long pause from play after undergoing arthroscopic surgery twice for a shoulder injury. Despite their lengthy breaks, both are well on their way to retaking their old ground in the professional tennis world.

It is small wonder that Canas, who spent less time recovering, has a small jump on his perennial foe. Since stepping back onto the court, Canas has won three tournaments (Shanghai, Stuttgart and Umag), while Haas has triumphed at two (Houston and Los Angeles). With his current 11th-placed ranking, Canas has surpassed his previous best 12th place in 2002. Haas has more work cut out for him. His present 17th place ranking is a far cry from being the second-best player in the world more than two years ago.

But Haas' ranking shouldn't overshadow what he has already accomplished. At the end of 2003, Haas stepped unto the court in San Jose to face American Vince Spadea after not having played in a major tournament for more than 467 days. His entrance was analogous to a professional boxer who must step into the ring against Mike Tyson. ”You're just happy if you get out unhurt,” said Haas after his loss against Spadea.

Things changed with a win against the Swede Thomas Enqvist exactly 500 days after his first taking a rest from tennis. Then, with a victory in the finals in Houston against the second-ranked Andy Roddick, Haas announced to the world that he was ready to re-take his position among the world's elite. There were setbacks, like a bitter second-round loss against Belgian Xavier Malisse at Wimbledon. But they were offset by a quarter-finals victory against Andre Agassi in Los Angeles and a prestige win against fellow German Nicolas Kiefer in the finals.

Haas will round out the end of 2004 as the best-ranked German player in the world. ”After a 15-month break, I really only wanted to advance into the top 100,” says Haas. ”That I have made it into the top 20 is phenomenal.”

For the rest of November, Haas will relax in his adopted hometown in Florida and barely touch a tennis racket. He has earned the vacation, playing in 19 ATP tournaments, and participating in both the World Team Cup and the Davis Cup. This year, he won 37 of his 59 singles matches and five of his ten doubles, earned him a total of EUR591,009 ($762,000) in prize money. In comparison to the top-ranked Swiss Roger Federer, who lost only one of his 75 matches during the season and bagged a cool $5 million, Haas' earnings may seem small. But what tennis fan would have thought Haas capable of such a quick comeback?

By the time the Australian Open begins this January in Melbourne, Haas may be in full stride. He has fared very well in Melbourne - falling in the semifinals in both 1999 and 2002. For Haas it is high time for a breath of new life into a second career.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 04:49 AM   #3
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quotes and articles

Recent interview with Tommy before going to Hopman Cup...

Quote:
"Wir wollen den Pott endlich holen"

Deutschlands bester Tennisprofi Thomas Haas über den Davis-Cup, Saisonperspektiven und eine Hollywood-Freundin Tommy Haas ist wieder gesund und hoch motiviert. 2005 könnte sein Jahr werden.

Vor einem Jahr schien die Rückkehr von Tommy Haas ins Profitennis nach zwei Schulteroperationen und über einem Jahr Turnierpause noch zweifelhaft. Seither hat Haas sich binnen sieben Monaten bis auf Rang 17 der Welt gespielt und 2004 als bester Deutscher beendet. "Tommy hat schon wieder Top-Fünf-Niveau", sagt sein Trainer Nick Bollettieri. Vor dem ersten Turnierauftritt, den Haas an der Seite von Anna-Lena Grönefeld beim Mixed-Turnier um den Hopman Cup in Perth ab heute bestreitet, sprach die Morgenpost mit ihm über Saisonziele und Hollywood-Aktrice Kirsten Dunst.

Berliner Morgenpost: Herr Haas, Sie bereiten sich schon seit November auf 2005 vor. Hat die vorige Saison Sie beflügelt?

Tommy Haas: In der Tat. Ich bin gesund, unglaublich motiviert. Das wichtigste ist, daß meine Schulter gehalten hat. Das war mein größter Sieg: Die Qualen, die Ungewißheit über fast 15 Monate - all das ist vorbei, ich bin zurück.

Sind alle Schmerzen weg?

Nein, so kann man das nicht sagen. Es gibt schon Tage, da fühle ich, daß meine Schulter müde ist. Das wird wohl immer so sein, aber Schmerzen, wie ich sie 2002 über Monate hatte und gespielt habe, die sind vorüber, endgültig.

Sind Sie bereit, ein Grand-Slam-Turnier zu gewinnen?

Ich hoffe bald. Vielleicht schon in Melbourne. Da war ich schon zwei Mal im Halbfinale. Ich liebe Rebound Ace (der Bodenbelag; d.R.), die Fans, das Wetter, eigentlich alles in Australien. Der Boden kommt meinem Spiel, meinem Aufschlag entgegen. Ich brauche eine gute Auslosung.

Vielleicht sollten Sie da mit Roger Federer sprechen.

Ja, Roger spielte vergangenes Jahr beinahe unmenschlich, fast in einer anderen Dimension. Er hat alles drauf, ist mit Recht und mit Abstand die Nummer eins. Wer hat das schon geschafft, drei Grand Slams und das Masters in einem Jahr zu gewinnen. Es wird auch in der neuen Saison unglaublich schwer, ihn zu schlagen.

Was streben Sie an?

Davis-Cup ist ein großes Ziel. Wir wollen unbedingt zurück in die Weltliga. Das wird verdammt schwer, denn schon in der ersten Runde wartet Südafrika. Aber wenn wir alle endlich einmal gesund bleiben, sind wir nur schwer zu schlagen. Nicolas Kiefer war bis zu seiner Verletzung gut drauf, Rainer Schüttler wird seine Krise überwunden haben. Wir wollen, verdammt noch mal, den Pott endlich nach Deutschland holen. Das haben wir uns geschworen.

Kann Kiefer den Sprung in die Top Ten noch mal schaffen?

Er ist sehr, sehr gefährlich, ein Konterspieler, der vor seiner Verletzung fast schon wieder die Form hatte, mit der er die Nummer vier der Welt wurde. Ist Kiwi fit, dann kann er alle schlagen. Er ist körperlich fit wie kaum ein Zweiter. Das und seine Schläge machen ihn schwer ausrechenbar.

Wie schwer wird es für Schüttler werden, den Weg zurück in die Top Ten zu finden?

Rainer hat im vergangenen Jahr wohl zu viele Matches gespielt. Das hat ihn ausgelaugt. Er war leer. Jetzt hat er eine viel längere Pause gehabt. Man darf nicht vergessen, daß Rainer 2003 ein unglaublich gutes Jahr hatte. Danach hat er fast ohne Pause weitergemacht. Das hat sich jetzt gerächt. Nein, wenn Rainers Akku wieder voll ist, bin ich sicher, wird auch er wieder an die Form anknüpfen können. Ich glaube, 2005 wird das Jahr der Deutschen.

Andre Agassi spielt nun doch noch ein Jahr weiter. Was erwarten Sie vom Altmeister?

Andre ist ein absolutes Vorbild für mich. Er ist fit, er war voriges Jahr so eng dran bei den US Open und hat gegen Federer nur ganz knapp verloren. Andre kann die Open noch mal gewinnen. Das hat er deutlich gezeigt. Schafft er es, tritt er sofort zurück, glaube ich. So wie Pete Sampras.

Hatten Sie über Weihnachten Zeit für Ihre neue Freundin Kirsten Dunst?

Neue Freundin ist nicht ganz richtig. Wir sind gut befreundet.

Ah ja, befreundet . . .

Ja, wir kennen uns schon eine Weile. Mehr möchte ich dazu nicht sagen. Im Moment noch nicht. Na ja, soviel, daß Kirsten Dunst in einem Interview zu ihrem Film über Wimbledon gesagt hat, daß ich wohl der Spieler mit dem meisten Sexappeal wäre.

Aber warum mutmaßen einige, Sie seien liiert?

Tennisspieler und Schauspielerin aus Hollywood, das hat es doch schon gegeben, oder nicht?

Ja, Agassi war mit Brooke Shields sogar mal verheiratet.

Dann könnte eine Verbindung ja vielleicht funktionieren...

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote