Tommy news - Page 59 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #871
country flag <Eve>
♥ bokehlicious ♥

<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tommy news

Ok I understand that it might feel bad, but do you think the media will stop writing about haas now that he plays as USA?? I dont think so.. They also wrote about him when he lived in USA, tommy haas = tommy haas, he might play with usa flag, he's still a born german. And it's not like he's playing another 5 years, so there will always be an end to one's career and new kids have to show their qualities.

I can imagine this sucks, but i cant understand you cant support Haas the same way you did, it sounds like you support him because he's the best german. Which i wont believe. So just wait and see what happens, maybe the media continue writing about him, you never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
Yay, hope it goes according to plan.

BTW, nice flag sig Eve
tnx
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #872
country flag sundog

sundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks el tennista for explaining where you're coming from. It's great that you love tennis and want the sport to flourish in your country, but insulting Tommy because of a personal decision he may (or may not) have made doesn't accomplish anything.

I totally agree with Eve that it doesn't really matter what country a person comes from. For me personally, more often than not I find myself rooting against the US players (don't tell anyone I said that! ). If people are passionate about tennis they will be passionate regardless of player nationality.

And as Tommy fans we need to stand by our guy and support his choices!
sundog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:21 AM   #873

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundog View Post
Thanks el tennista for explaining where you're coming from. It's great that you love tennis and want the sport to flourish in your country, but insulting Tommy because of a personal decision he may (or may not) have made doesn't accomplish anything.

I totally agree with Eve that it doesn't really matter what country a person comes from. For me personally, more often than not I find myself rooting against the US players (don't tell anyone I said that! ). If people are passionate about tennis they will be passionate regardless of player nationality.

And as Tommy fans we need to stand by our guy and support his choices!
Ah Ha--I have found another American that more often than not roots against The US players--so do I And as for Tommy I'm his fan no matter whose flag he plays under But I have to admit I still don't understand why he has made this decision so late in his career especially since he has lived in the US for years and years
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #874

Does anyone know why he changed flags? I haven't seen any reason given anywhere, but may be that is because Tommy isn't active on The Tour now
Old 06-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #875
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt theres a reason...same as why even with all his talent, he has somehow managed to lose against countless mugs.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:36 AM   #876

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
I doubt theres a reason...same as why even with all his talent, he has somehow managed to lose against countless mugs.
Are you supposed to be a Fan of Tommy's? And aren't you forgetting things like 3 right shoulder surgeries, a broken ankle, many illnesses, hip surgery, the fact that he was off Tour when he was healthy due to his parents being seriously injuried in an accident? And also aren't you forgetting that Tommy was once ranked #2 in the World? I'm glad all of Tommy's fans aren't like you
Old 06-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #877
country flag sundog

sundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Are you supposed to be a Fan of Tommy's? And aren't you forgetting things like 3 right shoulder surgeries, a broken ankle, many illnesses, hip surgery, the fact that he was off Tour when he was healthy due to his parents being seriously injuried in an accident? And also aren't you forgetting that Tommy was once ranked #2 in the World? I'm glad all of Tommy's fans aren't like you
Don't forget the silver medal in the 2000 Olympics!!!
sundog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:05 AM   #878
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Um yeah actually I'm one of the few Haas fans that talk about him in GM.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:11 AM   #879
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Um yeah actually I'm one of the few Haas fans that talk about him in GM.
and one of the few to follow his matches in consistency au contraire to 'some'

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #880
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute

I have one question considering protected ranking. PR will be based on Tommy's average ranking during the first three months of his injury. So how will that function? Can he be seeded at tours? USO?

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #881
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's used for seeding (though I'm not 100%), just for entry
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #882
country flag <Eve>
♥ bokehlicious ♥

<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute

ATP site says:
Quote:
The Entry Protection shall be a position in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, as determined by the player's average South African Airways ATP Rankings position during the first three months of his injury. The Entry Protection shall be for entry into the main draw or qualifying competition or for special exempt consideration. The Entry Protection shall not be used for seeding purposes, Lucky Loser consideration or for entry into the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.
So it's only entering, not the seeded place itself
Old 07-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #883
country flag Leen.

Leen. has a reputation beyond reputeLeen. has a reputation beyond reputeLeen. has a reputation beyond reputeLeen. has a reputation beyond reputeLeen. has a reputation beyond reputeLeen. has a reputation beyond reputeLeen. has a reputation beyond reputeLeen. has a reputation beyond reputeLeen. has a reputation beyond reputeLeen. has a reputation beyond reputeLeen. has a reputation beyond repute

Sara is pregnant So happy for them!!
http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/060720...als-vater.html
http://www.tommy-haas.net/?111A1A2610A1
Leen. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #884
country flag <Eve>
♥ bokehlicious ♥

Really nice
Old 07-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #885
country flag mary-cute

mary-cute has a reputation beyond reputemary-cute has a reputation beyond reputemary-cute has a reputation beyond reputemary-cute has a reputation beyond reputemary-cute has a reputation beyond reputemary-cute has a reputation beyond reputemary-cute has a reputation beyond reputemary-cute has a reputation beyond reputemary-cute has a reputation beyond reputemary-cute has a reputation beyond reputemary-cute has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eve- View Post
Really nice
yeah...Amazin' !!!!!!!!!! :P
mary-cute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote