Tommy news - Page 45 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-10-2009, 04:33 AM   #661
country flag sundog

sundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tommy news

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefly View Post
Thanks, just caught it! Tommy looks relaxed. And he sort of confirmed that he'll start the hart court season in LA.
Is he starting the hardcourt season in LA? I thought he was playing Indy first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Girl View Post
Nice interview
What did he say in the interview?

- Anluan Hennigan on Tommy Haas

http://www.whitelinefever.net/2011/0....html?spref=tw
sundog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #662
country flag thefly

thefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundog View Post
Is he starting the hardcourt season in LA? I thought he was playing Indy first?
Well, that's what he said, and I think he knows best. But we know for a while now that he didn't enter Indy, anyway, and that he would have to rely on a WC - and after his long Wimby run, I think it was obvious that he will skip Indy to get a little more rest.

Quote:
What did he say in the interview?
Can't you follow that YouTube link?
thefly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:11 AM   #663
country flag sundog

sundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond repute

@ the fly

Sorry, I didn't know that. I was just going by the schedule on his website and was confused, that's all.

And I have dial up connection, so no You Tube for me. It'll take me half an hour to view a 30 second video clip.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #664
country flag thefly

thefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't know that. I was just going by the schedule on his website and was confused, that's all.
Don't worry. Yeah, it's indeed weird that they haven't changed the schedule on his site yet ... maybe he's not sure and we'll see a surprise appearance.

Quote:
And I have dial up connection, so no You Tube for me. It'll take me half an hour to view a 30 second video clip.
That's too bad. Well, his interviews these days are pretty much alike, nothing new here ... most of the time it's about his setbacks in the past, especially his bad luck in Wimbledon, how he comes back all the time and seemingly plays the best he ever has ... and about that now very often he's the oldest player left in a field ... Tommy's pretty relaxed about all those subjects, doesn't want to look back too much, is only looking forward, and he doesn't really mind being the "oldie" these days, he doesn't feel like his age yet, maybe due to his long downtimes here and there.

I think that should sum it up.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #665
country flag sundog

Quote:
Thanks for the summary!

Old 07-13-2009, 05:27 AM   #666

Quote:
Don't worry. Yeah, it's indeed weird that they haven't changed the schedule on his site yet ... maybe he's not sure and we'll see a surprise appearance.

That's too bad. Well, his interviews these days are pretty much alike, nothing new here ... most of the time it's about his setbacks in the past, especially his bad luck in Wimbledon, how he comes back all the time and seemingly plays the best he ever has ... and about that now very often he's the oldest player left in a field ... Tommy's pretty relaxed about all those subjects, doesn't want to look back too much, is only looking forward, and he doesn't really mind being the "oldie" these days, he doesn't feel like his age yet, maybe due to his long downtimes here and there.

Thanks from me also I'm on dial-up as well
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:54 AM   #667
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, that's what he said, and I think he knows best. But we know for a while now that he didn't enter Indy, anyway, and that he would have to rely on a WC - and after his long Wimby run, I think it was obvious that he will skip Indy to get a little more rest.
Then again, after a good Wimbledon run he would easily get a WC...
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #668
country flag thefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad Wim View Post
Oh, no doubt about it, I guess he also would easily get one without his Wimby run - the question is, does he want to. I think it's completely his choice, which is why he didn't enter in the first place, I guess ...
Old 07-14-2009, 07:34 AM   #669
country flag <Eve>
♥ bokehlicious ♥

<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad Wim View Post
dutch??
Old 07-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #670
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute

Hardly that Tommy will play Indianapolis now as all 3 WC's have been given..So,still long way to LA

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #671
country flag TennisFan2012

TennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond repute

Darn, I will be going to Indy at least one day, so it's too bad for me that he won't play, though I think he's doing the right thing to rest.

Andy Roddick just pulled out of Indy (says it's a hip flexor injury but he probably needs more rest too) so maybe the officials can offer another wild card? I know, I know, not likely. It's truly unfortunate for Indy, though, that Roddick can't be there - the small tournaments depend on big stars like him to break even, and there are few other big names coming (Simon was there last year but I am not sure whether he is coming) so they will surely have some financial trouble now.
TennisFan2012 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #672
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

el tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond repute

As posted on his website, Tommy did not sign in for Indy due to some knee problems. But nothing serious
Old 07-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #673

Now a knee problem I hope it isn't serious Why does it always seem like Tommy = injury
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #674
country flag Wyna

Wyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond reputeWyna has a reputation beyond repute

Some nice stuff about L.A.

Quote:
Weekly Slice: No win, so Haas whines

By Martin Rogers

First serve

Tommy Haas has barely put a foot wrong for the past few months, revitalizing his career at the age of 31 and providing one of the feel-good stories of the tennis summer.

However, the German was way out of line with his sneering comments about the behavior of Sam Querrey's rowdy support crew - the SAMurai.

Querrey's run to the L.A. Open title last week, which included a semifinal victory over Haas, came at full volume - as detailed by this excellent piece from Yahoo! Sports' Josh Peter.

Haas' criticism smacked of sour grapes and was deeply disappointing for a player of his experience and stature.

For starters, Haas has been around long enough to know that outside of the Grand Slam and Masters Series tournaments, tennis fights a constant battle to drum up interest and support.

For a posse of young fans to generate a carnival atmosphere at a fourth-tier event such as the one in Los Angeles should be taken as a huge positive for the sport, and needs to be encouraged.

Querrey's supporters were occasionally lacking in the finer points of tennis etiquette but they did not step out of line, adding color and interest to the event. Certainly the atmosphere was nowhere near as hostile as Haas has faced on the occasions he has represented Germany with distinction in the Davis Cup.

Let's hope we see more costumes, headbands and atmosphere filtering into the Tour - and backward-thinking skepticism and antiquated perceptions of how the game should be played filtering out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/blog/ten...urn=ten,180778

Monfils | Murray | Davydenko | del Potro
Wyna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #675
country flag thefly

Could at least have stated what Tommy actually said. And I think these guys stepped indeed over the line at times - shouting "break! break! break!" on the opponent's serve is too much.