Tommy news - Page 43 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #631
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tommy news

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefly View Post
Yeah, saw that interview. Funny, before the match, Patrick Kühnen didn't want to talk about it and didn't want to rule anything out, and then Tommy set things straight.
But while he won't play in Spain, and did say that he would like to play again for Germany in the years to come, depending on the draws and locations.

It's a little pity, Tommy would have been important in Spain, and the atmosphere will certainly be incredible, but on the other hand, I can understand him, and I don't mind him focusing on the US hard court run.
Yeah,it's pretty much understandable ... he knows the best

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #632
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute

Interview with Tommy Haas
After his win against Stefan Koubek

Coming back to Roland Garros, 5 points away to beat the new champion. Any regrets?
HAAS: After the match, I obviously I felt a little … not really regrets. I didn’t play a bad point there on break point. And you thought about “wow, I’m so close to beating him”. Even the games after, two game points to 5-4 and I missed the backhand, then I double faulted and didn’t win that game. In the fifth set at 2 All, he just played the bigger points much better than I did which he seems to do a lot if you look at all the other matches. But when I watched him celebrate yesterday and I saw all the historic moments and him now probably being the greatest ever, I don’t really have any regrets. I’m happy the way I played and happy I gave him such a tough battle. And that’s it.

The adjustment to grass seemed perfect?
HAAS: Yes, sure, I am happy with the result and also with my game. I didn’t have too many days to get prepared. I arrived Thursday night, played a bit on Friday. Saturday it rained the whole day so I had to go into the hall. So, it was a little test today. It is a bit more uncomfortable to play a leftie on grass. It’s difficult to return his serves. I managed an early break which calms you down a bit. I had to or a lot of players have to try and hold their service games. That is a very important point on grass. Once you are down it is very difficult to break back. But it was a good start and I am happy with it.

Were you able to take the momentum from Paris with you?
HAAS: Of course it gives you some momentum. I hadn’t played in a while and felt quite good the past weeks. So, I told myself: “okay, play Paris. It’s a Grand Slam and I would like to play there.” I played some really good tennis which gives you self-confidence and courage for the following months. The most important is to stay fit and healthy so I can play a normal schedule and work on myself, play matches. When you don’t play for a long time or play inconsistently it is difficult, especially to gain mental strength. It is important for a tennis player to know that the body will keep up and that everything is working fine.

Did you have any pain in your shoulder in Paris?
HAAS: No, it’s very good at the moment.

Resulting from what you just said: do you come to such a tournament with a modest attitude? Do you just want to stay healthy or is it possible to win such an event?
HAAS: You always want to win a tournament. Otherwise, you shouldn’t come at all. But on the other hand, you stay realistic and take it match by match. If you don’t concentrate and a few things don’t go well during the match – today’s players are too good – you will leave the court as the loser. So, I don’t look that far ahead. I take it match by match, look forward to the next match which I can play here on grass. I will give everything and try to win the match. If it sufficed to be here at the weekend it would be great.

Speaking of the next match: possibly against Tsonga?HAAS: Who is he playing? Santoro
HAAS: I don’t know. Santoro is an unpleasant opponent, especially on grass. He will slice your head off. He also moves well and has had good results on grass. He has won Newport, a grass court tournament in America after Wimbledon. Tsonga needs to win first. He surely is the favourite but I don’t know how he plays on grass. He is a good athlete. I think that he plays well on grass. I will see, will watch a bit of the match and then concentrate on the opponent.

Will you play another grass court tournament next week?
HAAS: Yes, I will play a tournament which I haven’t done for a long time. I will play Eastbourne.

Why did you decide to play Eastbourne?
HAAS: Because things didn’t go that well at the beginning of the year. After the US Open, I didn’t play because of my arm. Then I started to play more. Then I had to play without coach in San Jose and Delray Beach where I lost matches with good chances. Indian Wells went a bit better but Key Biscaine was a disaster. Then, I played three clay court tournaments, Houston, Madrid and Paris. So, I wanted to play there in order to see whether I can play a few more matches before Wimbledon.

Has there been any change in the coach issue since Paris?
HAAS: We are still negotiating.

But is it going in a good direction?
HAAS: Yes, absolutely
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh I like this one:
Did you have any pain in your shoulder in Paris?
HAAS: No, it’s very good at the moment.

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Old 06-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #633
country flag thefly

thefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond repute

What I love is the line about Santoro "slicing your head off."
thefly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #634
country flag Lugburz

Quote:
What I love is the line about Santoro "slicing your head off."
then let's hope it won't be Santoro

Quote:
Old 06-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #635
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

el tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond repute

Tommy is not listed on the entry list for Indy. According to his website, he planned to play there. I don't get why he did not sign up there then?!
Last year, he got a wildcard for the tournament, maybe this year he will get one as well. But if he knows that he will play there, why didn't he sign up directly?!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #636
country flag Lugburz

Strange even,he would be seeded

Quote:
Old 06-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #637
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused, isn't there still plenty of time to enter?
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #638
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

el tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
I'm confused, isn't there still plenty of time to enter?
No, the entry list has already been published. You must sign in 6 weeks before the tournament.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #639
country flag TommyB.

TommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond repute

It's always the same with Tommy & Indy, he doesn't sign up in time and asks for a WC later. I don't know why.
TommyB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #640
country flag thefly

thefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB. View Post
It's always the same with Tommy & Indy, he doesn't sign up in time and asks for a WC later. I don't know why.
Easy. He has to make some free time at some point, and if the next few weeks prove to be successful with many matches, he will skip Indy, and if not, hope for a WC.
At least that's what I think.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:56 PM   #641
country flag TommyB.

TommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Easy. He has to make some free time at some point, and if the next few weeks prove to be successful with many matches, he will skip Indy, and if not, hope for a WC.
At least that's what I think.
Yes makes sense. But then he could withdraw because of personal reasons...like Söderling in Halle.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #642
country flag Lugburz

it makes sense,but he'll already have free time,as Indy ain't the week after Wimbly...

Quote:
Old 06-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #643
country flag thefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB. View Post
Yes makes sense. But then he could withdraw because of personal reasons...like Söderling in Halle.
True. But don't they have to pay penalties for withdrawing, or is that only after seeding already took place?
Ah, I don't know. I guess they can hold a WC back till the very last moment, which would make it a good possibility for a late decision. But as I said, only a guess. Maybe he indeed decided to skip it altogether.

Anyway, as much as I can't wait to see him hit the US hard courts again, I'm completely emerged in what's happening on grass right now ...
Old 06-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #644
country flag TommyB.

Quote:
True. But don't they have to pay penalties for withdrawing, or is that only after seeding already took place?
I'm not sure how it works exactly. But they don't have to pay for every withdrawal.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #645
country flag thefly

Ah what the hell, we'll see how that will turn out, and Tommy will speak out at some point.