Tommy news - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-04-2009, 12:07 AM   #616
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tommy news

Quote:
Originally Posted by el tenista View Post
My friend, one explanation to you:
He MUST skip Eastbourne because he will win Halle, did you forget that?
Clear? Awesome!

But I think you're right. Tommy should not exaggerate playing tournaments...
I must admit,you are damn right!Tommy will win it,and there's no reason for otherwise
Now seriously,I spouse Tommy has really big chance there! With those serves,he has chance to beat anyone from the list

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #617
country flag thefly

thefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugburz8 View Post
So,obviously Tommy will skip Eastbourne as on his website, Wimbly is scheduled next after Halle.. ?
Yeah, I'm almost inclined to say "told ya so!"
But although I think it may be the right decision, I would still like to see him there, if only to make the ES Player to be of still a litte more use right now.
But nothing's official yet ...
thefly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #618
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute

WTF?! - On his website the schedule is listed all the way to the US Open,and Eastbourn also,so You told me so-NOT!

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Old 06-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #619
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

el tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond repute

What a schedule Tommy is playing a LOT of tournaments. Come on!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #620
country flag Lugburz

Yeah,on our joy of course
So,Germans,pack your bags and of you go for Halle ! and I mean it
For me,some next time maybe

Quote:
Old 06-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #621
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

el tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah,on our joy of course
So,Germans,pack your bags and of you go for Halle ! and I mean it
For me,some next time maybe
Yeah, I will be there for the semis...Hope to see Tommy vs Roger reloaded. That would be nice
Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #622
country flag Lugburz

Quote:
Yeah, I will be there for the semis...Hope to see Tommy vs Roger reloaded. That would be nice
Wow,that would be great ! Well I hope Tommy gets the semis,I know that would mean much to you I'll pray for you

Quote:
Old 06-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #623
country flag thefly

thefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond repute

Holy smokes, that looks great. I love it when I'm wrong ...

Also his latest personal entry sounds very good. Feels like he is finally back on the tour for good. And nice to hear that he talked to Michael Stich for a bit. But of course he turned down to play in Hamburg.

Now I'm looking forward to a truckload of grass matches. I have the feeling that he and Roger will meet again soon. Hopefully not too soon next week.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #624
country flag Lugburz

Well,although by our standards Tommy has chance in Halle,we know he'll do his best there,as he's so warmed up..But the true chance lies in Eastbourne,great chance for gaining points and winning his first title after Memphis '07!!

Quote:
Old 06-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #625
country flag thefly

Man, I'm not even ready to dare thinking that far. Imagine him winning a title so soon, maybe even be seeded in Wimbledon ... to add another inredible success story like that would be legendary.

But you're right, of course, Eastbourne is a huge opportunity, and I'm sure that's why he's still going ...
Old 06-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #626
country flag Lugburz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefly View Post
Man, I'm not even ready to dare thinking that far. Imagine him winning a title so soon, maybe even be seeded in Wimbledon ... to add another inredible success story like that would be legendary.
yeah I was maybe a little bit..... but: ''Imagine him winning a title so soon, maybe even be seeded in Wimbledon'' -sounds pretty daring to me

Quote:
Old 06-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #627
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefly View Post

But you're right, of course, Eastbourne is a huge opportunity, and I'm sure that's why he's still going ...
Well, winning Eastbourne would not help to be seeded in Wimbledon because this tournament is just a week before the grand slam. The gap to No.32 is big as well so heeds to reach at least the semis in Halle to improve his ranking a few spots and then someone from the Top30s must cancel Wimbledon. Then Tommy will be seeded. Long way to go

@Lugburz: Thanks for praying , indeed it would mean much to me to see Tommy live...
Old 06-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #628
country flag thefly

Quote:
Well, winning Eastbourne would not help to be seeded in Wimbledon because this tournament is just a week before the grand slam. The gap to No.32 is big as well so heeds to reach at least the semis in Halle to improve his ranking a few spots and then someone from the Top30s must cancel Wimbledon. Then Tommy will be seeded. Long way to go
That's correct. And that's why it would be so cool.

But I guess we're all going a little crazy right now, certainly nurtured by that optimism that comes from Tommy still being healthy after an exhausting tournament and finally truely starting into the season.

We'll see what happens. But I'm confident that there is rightful reason behind our optimism.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #629
country flag Lugburz

Weary Haas pulls out of Spain Davis Cup clash
HALLE, Germany, June 8 (Reuters) - Tommy Haas has pulled out of Germany's Davis Cup quarter-final against Spain in July because the claycourt matches would put too much strain on his injury-plagued body.
"In Spain on clay, I won't do this to myself," said Haas on Monday following his first-round win over Stefan Koubek in Halle.
Former world number two Haas did not play in the last Davis Cup World Group round against Austria after missing much of 2008 with a shoulder injury.

Quote:
Old 06-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #630
country flag thefly

Quote:
Weary Haas pulls out of Spain Davis Cup clash
HALLE, Germany, June 8 (Reuters) - Tommy Haas has pulled out of Germany's Davis Cup quarter-final against Spain in July because the claycourt matches would put too much strain on his injury-plagued body.
"In Spain on clay, I won't do this to myself," said Haas on Monday following his first-round win over Stefan Koubek in Halle.
Former world number two Haas did not play in the last Davis Cup World Group round against Austria after missing much of 2008 with a shoulder injury.
Yeah, saw that interview. Funny, before the match, Patrick Kühnen didn't want to talk about it and didn't want to rule anything out, and then Tommy set things straight.
But while he won't play in Spain, and did say that he would like to play again for Germany in the years to come, depending on the draws and locations.

It's a little pity, Tommy would have been important in Spain, and the atmosphere will certainly be incredible, but on the other hand, I can understand him, and I don't mind him focusing on the US hard court run.