Tennis-~-Norway - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-25-2004, 02:15 PM   #1
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Tennis-~-Norway

Ok... here's the deal.
I met Jan Frode Andersen in January, and he was one of the nicest, funniest players I spoke to I follow a number of Scandinavians and I just thought he was deserving of a place for (myself and others) to talk

I **WISH** I wasnt adding such an awful Jarkko pic... but at least JF looks good

Best of luck to him!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 081518.jpg (10.1 KB, 46 views)

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2004, 02:20 PM   #2
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis-~-Norway

Jan Frode is a cutie.

I have decided to like ALL the Scandinavian players. Norweigan, Danish, Finnish and especially, Swedish.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:33 PM   #3
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Star, your taste in tennis players is exceptional!
Indeed... I'm a fan of the work of Kristian Pless, basically every swede *though I admit to not watching the women's game enough* It tends to bore me

Timo Nieminen... well, after the terrible experience that poor guy went through at AO quallies... I'll support him until he retires!
He was such a sweetheart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pelnieminen.jpg (7.7 KB, 113 views)

Old 02-29-2004, 08:19 AM   #4
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

As for Norwegian players, I don't care but this man has to be mentioned the one and only Christian Ruud. He was Norways best ever player.

He made the 4th round at the Australian Open, lost to Ivanisevic in 5 sets in 42 degree heat. He made the 3rd round at the French twice and should have beaten Becker at the Olympics.

His game was a poor mans version of Felix Mantilla, but he tried very hard with not much natural talent, he had to give it away because of shoulder problems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpe ruud.jpe (4.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpe Mvc-003f.jpe (25.8 KB, 17 views)

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 11:02 AM   #5
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

When was he an active player? Before my time? (By that I mean prior to 2001!) He gives me Jonas vibes...in terms of niceness. He looks friendly ^_^

Old 02-29-2004, 06:14 PM   #6
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

He was playing just a few years ago.

Timo!!!
I remember seeing him and Jakke in the same juniors draw at RG. I assumed that they were brothers. Timo got booted before Jarrko though. But I loved his name.

Please tell me what happened to him in the qualies.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 10:21 PM   #7
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

He got smashed in the qualies very easily.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 06:26 AM   #8
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

I think he was playing verdasco. he lost something like 62/ 61 or 60/61 and he was so upset. His coach had gone to the next court to watch a different match after it, and timo was leaning on the railing, beside where his coach was sitting (his coach was a metre or 2 above ground). Basically he had his head in his hands (between his arms) looking mighty depressed.

I walked around the grounds a bit, and when I came back he was slowly walking back to the change rooms, with his coach not far in front. I walked up to him and said I was really glad to have seen him play, even though the outcome wasnt so good. I don't know what I said exactly, but I got a smile out of him, and he was so sweet, he got a picture with me We talked about DC and where he'd be playing next, etc. He's a really nice guy

Old 03-06-2004, 06:29 AM   #9
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Ruud was a good player, definitely one of the best Scandinavians (with the exception of the Swedes, of course) in the last decade. It's unfortunate to see players such as Andersen, Ketola and Nieminen struggle to win matches, even in Challengers or qualifying rounds. Tuomas Ketola (see the picture) is actually a great guy. Him and Andersen have been on Tour for quite a while already, so it is highly unthinkable that they'll ever really break through, although I want them to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ketola.jpg (25.8 KB, 25 views)

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:15 AM   #10
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Arrow Re: Tennis-~-Norway

This week's challenger activity stars:::
Bermuda
Tomas Zib (CZE) vs Jan Frode Andersen (NOR)
Old 09-03-2004, 10:53 AM   #11
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Freudenstadt Challenger
R1 (3)Trifu/Waske(ROM/GER)d. Jan Frode Andersen/Shimada(NOR/JPN)63 64
R2 (5)Jan Frode Andersen (NOR) d. (WC)Andreas Beck (GER) w/o
*I know I shouldnt be happy...but I am *
QF vs Federico Luzzi
Old 09-05-2004, 10:23 AM   #12
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Jan Frode Andresen(5) df Federico Luzzi (ITA) 6-4 6-4

In the semi::
(5)Jan Frode Andersen (NOR) vs (8)Daniel Gimeno (ESP)
Old 09-06-2004, 07:52 AM   #13
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

SemiFinal
(5)Jan Frode Andersen (NOR) d. (8)Daniel Gimeno (ESP) 6-4 6-2

Finals
(1)Santiago Ventura (ESP) d. (5)Jan Frode Andersen (NOR) 6-3 1-6 6-3
*bastardo!* lol... but Ventura lost in doubles which is my consolation

Old 01-13-2005, 05:27 AM   #14
country flag jmgsdoubsprtnr

jmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond repute

Jan Frode Andersen is in the qualifying draws for AO and will play Marcus Sarstrand (SWE) in rd.1.
Jan-Michael Gambill<>Flavio Saretta<>Andre Sa<>Amer Delic

SVERIGE
Soderling xx Pim Pim xx Jonas xx Ryderstedt xx Magnus
jmgsdoubsprtnr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:14 AM   #15
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Where fore art thou!?
Does Norway have a team in DC? Does anyone know off the top of their head? I'll go searching later otherwise
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jan_Frode_Andersen_130442a.jpg (10.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg janfrode1.jpg (21.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg jan frode.jpg (70.5 KB, 3 views)