Most aces hit in a match (more than 30) - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #241
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most aces hit in a match (more than 30)

Sorry Archer, I didn't remember your post.
And thanks for the info on tie-breaks.

About Vines, the info I could find is on the Internet but there are at least half a dozen sources that mention it, so I can safely say that it is correct. He sure must have some more. I'm also pretty sure that Tanner hit 40+ in one match but when and how many exactly ???
And I have read somewhere that Curren did better in Wimby 1985 than his 33 against Connors 1983. Is that possible?

Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2010, 03:23 AM   #242
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon '84, 1R: Scanlon def. Korita 7-6(3) 6-7(5) 6-2 3-6 13-11; Korita served 31 aces
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #243
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Re-reading the early pages of this thread, I realize that the Curren and Vines performances were actually previously mentioned.

Still amazed at the fact that Curren hit 33 aces against Connors in 1983 with a Kramer Prostaff, so old-school type of wooden racket, with a small head size, which he still had in the 1984 Australian Open final.

Roscoe Tanner hit 29 aces at the 1977 New South Wales Open final in Sydney and gave Teacher a lesson 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 6-7, 6-3

Gerald Patterson hit 29 aces and made ... 29 double faults at the Australian Championship final in 1927, defeating Jack Hawkes 3-6, 6-4, 3-6, 18-16, 6-3 (close to Rosset's DF record )
Old 12-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #244
country flag Echoes

Splitting the list in 2 : 1991-2000 and 2001-2010 (since this is now end of decade )

We can notice this:

Code:
1991-2000 50+ aces/match	0 occurrence
2001-2010 50+	7

1991-2000 40+	10
2001-2010 40+	36

1991-2000 35+	31
2001-2010 35+	74

1991-2000 30+	100
2001-2010 30+	245
Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #245
country flag V.H.

V.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
since this is now end of decade
Last decade was from 2000-2009. 2010 was the first year of this one.
V.H. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #246
country flag Echoes

The Christian era started in year 1, there are no year 0. So the 201st decade started in 2001 and ended yesterday.

By the way, Arthur Ashe hit 16 aces in the 1st set of the US Open final in 1968. I would be surprised if he hit less than 14 in the 4 other sets.

Here are 15 of the 16 ones:

Old 01-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #247
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
The Christian era started in year 1, there are no year 0. So the 201st decade started in 2001 and ended yesterday.
I had a long debate with some user (I don't remember his/her name) about this topic. I count tennis decades from 0 to 9, it simplifies using sentences like "in the 90's" when you can exclude some events which happened in 2000, etc.

The other thing, I don't know anything about Jesus Christ playing tennis so we can forget about Christianity in tennis terms
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Old 01-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #248
country flag V.H.

V.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clear it up for you:
Quote:
The absence of a year 0 leads to some confusion concerning the boundaries of longer decimal intervals, such as decades and centuries. For example, each decade begins with a year ending in 1, not 0. The third millennium of the Gregorian calendar began on 1 January 2001, rather than the widely celebrated 1 January 2000. Likewise, the 20th century began on 1 January 1901.

This rule results from the fact that the Gregorian calendar begins with a year 1 instead of 0. Cardinal and ordinal numbering of years is therefore identical: The year 10 is the tenth year of the calendar and the end of the first decade. The year 11 is the first year of the second decade, and so on. In spite of this rule, years ending in 0, rather than 1, are commonly perceived as marking the beginning of a new decade, century, or millennium.

If the Gregorian calendar had begun with a year 0 as its first year, then the year 10 would have been the 11th year of the calendar and the first year of the second decade. Similarly, the year 2000 would have been the 2,001st year of the calendar, therefore the actual first year of the 21st century and the third millennium.
...but it doesn't matter that much, your table makes sense anyways
V.H. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #249
country flag dombrfc

dombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond repute

Ivo hit 48 today
dombrfc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #250
country flag mashamaniac

mashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny to know that it's been 10 years since the last time someone hit 48 aces! Ivo hit +35 aces for the 24th time in his career and that's a hell of an acheievement...

Roddick | Gulbis | Devvarman | Robredo | Haas | Hewitt | Dimitrov | Djokovic

PAW Rank: # ?? (As of Jan. 31)
mashamaniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #251
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Raonic had 31 in his win over Youzhny.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #252
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
I had a long debate with some user (I don't remember his/her name) about this topic. I count tennis decades from 0 to 9, it simplifies using sentences like "in the 90's" when you can exclude some events which happened in 2000, etc.

The other thing, I don't know anything about Jesus Christ playing tennis so we can forget about Christianity in tennis terms
barbadosan raises her hand: "Guilty as charged sir"

"[Roger] You Are My Magnificent Obsession"
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:19 AM   #253
country flag Voo de Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbadosan View Post
barbadosan raises her hand: "Guilty as charged sir"
I thought about duong
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Old 02-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #254
country flag TennisOnWood

TennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond repute

34 - Feliciano Lopez (Australian Open 2005) 3 sets, lost to Joachim Johansson

This was in 5 m8
Old 02-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #255
country flag Voo de Mar

Thx, corrected
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces