New player forums - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-25-2006, 08:42 PM   #46
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New player forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post
Posters calling to shut down forums would only generate useless "fights".
To avoid useless "fights", the best way is not to response. So this is the last time I am responding to your posts. But I would suggest you to have a little bit more sense of humour and don't take every posts too seriously. Especially tangy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post
Tennis knowledge has nothing to do with this.
I guess English is not your first language, I will try to explain this again. I highly doubt Steve knows about Cañas suspension, Guga and Jan Mike Gambill injuries, etc which may contribute to the lowered level of postings in their forums. That's why some posters mentioned the information here to let Steve knows that the forums' activities would pick up once the players return to active status.
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2006, 08:48 PM   #47
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb View Post
I think some of you aren't getting the suggestions Lee and others have made.

We know more about tennis than Steve, he freely admits this, so I see nothing wrong or argumentative about us helping him decide which ones are actually inactive enough to close. What Lee is saying is that there are some player forums like Canas's or Guga's that may not be active RIGHT NOW but when these players become more active, the forums will increase in activity as such. If we didn't tell Steve about this, maybe he wouldn't know and he'd close the forums. I haven't seen one suggestion from someone in here just stating their opinion about some forum not being good enough or whatever, no one has said anything out of dislike for a particular player or anything, so I fail to see how this is going to turn into a fight.

And I think it might be a little naive to think that, regardless of what the thread title is, if Steve mentions in his post player forums being closed, that people are not also gonna talk about that.

My gosh.

So if Steve followed the suggestions here, he would be considering to delete the following players forums:

- Ljubicic
- Berdych
- Canas
- Lapentti
- Kuerten

All of them had posts in the last 24 hours.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:50 PM   #48
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
To avoid useless "fights", the best way is not to response. So this is the last time I am responding to your posts. But I would suggest you to have a little bit more sense of humour and don't take every posts too seriously. Especially tangy's
I hardly ever fight, so thats not a risk.

I never mentioned Tangy, or that thread...

Quote:
I guess English is not your first language, I will try to explain this again.
Oh thank you for taking the time...

Quote:
I highly doubt Steve knows about Cañas suspension, Guga and Jan Mike Gambill injuries, etc which may contribute to the lowered level of postings in their forums. That's why some posters mentioned the information here to let Steve knows that the forums' activities would pick up once the players return to active status.
If thats the case, Steve should tell what are the message boards with not enough activity, and then the posters could start to discuss about the reasons for that, and if it is temporary or simply not enough people care about that player.

But starting an open discussion on what forums should be closed, without knowing the activity of the forums its ridiculous. I know you have good intentions, but it would make this thread a mess.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:50 PM   #49
bad gambler

Guga has got to go Renato
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:55 PM   #50
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Guga has got to go Renato
That's not the point, if his forum was inactive, then I wouldn't have a problem with it being closed.

Maybe a forum for retired players would be a good idea though.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #51
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
So if Steve followed the suggestions here, he would be considering to delete the following players forums:

- Ljubicic
- Berdych
- Canas
- Lapentti
- Kuerten

All of them had posts in the last 24 hours.
I think everyone, even Steve, knows that Tangy is not serious in her suggestions to close the Berdych and Ljubicic forums. As for the other three, I don't think they should be closed, but I can reasonably see why they were brought up

Plus there haven't even been that many viable suggestions for new forums..... Querrey, Malisse, Calleri, Oli Rochus, Italians in general....

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:03 PM   #52
country flag shotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb View Post
I think everyone, even Steve, knows that Tangy is not serious in her suggestions to close the Berdych and Ljubicic forums.
Maybe, maybe not.

Quote:
As for the other three, I don't think they should be closed, but I can reasonably see why they were brought up
Any forum can be brought up, but if people want to have a serious discussion, maybe they should look before if the forum is active or not. If not, the discussion will be nowhere near productive. That's my point.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:07 PM   #53
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
Any forum can be brought up, but if people want to have a serious discussion, maybe they should look before if the forum is active or not. If not, the discussion will be nowhere near productive. That's my point.
I completely agree.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:19 PM   #54

Quote:
Exactly

The title of this thread should pretty much tell you what the purpose of this thread is, it's not to suggest for those that should be closed
I agree. BTW I love your Avatar BG Lets do what Steve asked us to do in the first place. So far players mentioned for Forums are: O. Rochus, A. Calleri, X. Malisse, S. Querrey, Yen-Hsun Lu, N. Almagro, and J. Benneteau.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:05 PM   #55
country flag Steve
webmaster

Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't worry, word is that Neely, Carlita and some of the other female mods here are pretty handy with the baseball bats, so they will be wielding it around should Steve make any uninformed decisions
Steve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:10 PM   #56
country flag Steve
webmaster

Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond repute

I have no intention of closing a forum based on assumptions. We are all here together so we can definately work someething out. I can provide stats to each forum... ie. page views, posts, forum activity etc etc So I will get those then we have to look ahead... was the player injured the past feew weeks? Will it get busy again based upon upcoming events? Etc Etc
Dont worry about forums closing for the time being, who knows, maybe none will but we have to organize the requests and we cant keep have spuratic forums pop up everywhere. So lets talk about what new ones are needed and we will organise things from there.
Steve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:17 PM   #57
country flag shotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I have no intention of closing a forum based on assumptions. We are all here together so we can definately work someething out. I can provide stats to each forum... ie. page views, posts, forum activity etc etc So I will get those then we have to look ahead... was the player injured the past feew weeks? Will it get busy again based upon upcoming events? Etc Etc
Dont worry about forums closing for the time being, who knows, maybe none will but we have to organize the requests and we cant keep have spuratic forums pop up everywhere. So lets talk about what new ones are needed and we will organise things from there.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:41 PM   #58
country flag revolution

revolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Spot on
Old 10-26-2006, 03:07 AM   #59
country flag Hendu

Quote:
Great news.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:50 AM   #60

Quote: