Marat, fais-nous rugir de plaisir Lyon!!! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-21-2006, 01:21 PM   #31
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marat, fais-nous rugir de plaisir Lyon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll View Post
I don't ask finals but one or two rounds will be enough...
as far as I understand ATP rankind system couple of rounds won't give him extra points now. That's why playing Lyon is probably not the smartest thing to do. He needs to be fresh in Paris.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2006, 01:24 PM   #32
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
as far as I understand ATP rankind system couple of rounds won't give him extra points now. That's why playing Lyon is probably not the smartest thing to do. He needs to be fresh in Paris.
exactly

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:28 PM   #33
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That you're like me, selfish It would be for sure soooooooo great to see him doing well in Paris.... because i have tickets
But the poor who lives in Lyon have the right to see him a bit too...
Nope, that wasn't the idea. I clearly want to see him that's for sure, but what I meant is that it'd be very stupid to gain a few points in a 'normal' tourny (even if going far) and then lose early in a Masters Series where there's an opportunity to gain much more point (especially when it's a Masters Series where he has always played so well). Between a small tournament and an AMS, the choice looks easy for me

Old 10-21-2006, 01:52 PM   #34
country flag carroll

carroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
Nope, that wasn't the idea. I clearly want to see him that's for sure, but what I meant is that it'd be very stupid to gain a few points in a 'normal' tourny (even if going far) and then lose early in a Masters Series where there's an opportunity to gain much more point (especially when it's a Masters Series where he has always played so well). Between a small tournament and an AMS, the choice looks easy for me
Okay so i'm the one to be selfish
You're right but with his ranking it depends so much on the draw in a masters series... Imagine he picks Federer in the first round... Anyway, fingers crossed and high optimism : he'll kick everybody's asses !

When you win, when you lose, when you smile or when you're mad : Marat you're still the best to watch.

"Just give yourself the opportunity, give yourself the chance. You have to
be happy with what you have achieved and don't take any notice if somebody
tells you that you should have achieved much more. You have achieved what
you have achieved. Nobody can take that away and you have a clear
conscience." Marat
carroll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:58 PM   #35
country flag carroll

carroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
when you win a round you get points and as Marat hasn't played last year he can olny gain points... Even if it's only 5-10 for one or two round it will push him near the 30 place in rankings... If there was no points to gain, i don't think he'll go you know
A quarter final would be 25 points or something, so it will help... Whereas a loss in the first round in a Masters Series is 1 point... If we were sure he was going to go deep in Bercy for sure it would be better to skip Lyon... But even him don't try that bet...

When you win, when you lose, when you smile or when you're mad : Marat you're still the best to watch.

"Just give yourself the opportunity, give yourself the chance. You have to
be happy with what you have achieved and don't take any notice if somebody
tells you that you should have achieved much more. You have achieved what
you have achieved. Nobody can take that away and you have a clear
conscience." Marat
carroll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #36
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
when you win a round you get points and as Marat hasn't played last year he can olny gain points... Even if it's only 5-10 for one or two round it will push him near the 30 place in rankings... If there was no points to gain, i don't think he'll go you know
A quarter final would be 25 points or something, so it will help... Whereas a loss in the first round in a Masters Series is 1 point... If we were sure he was going to go deep in Bercy for sure it would be better to skip Lyon... But even him don't try that bet...
Quote:
The INDESIT ATP Ranking is based on calculating, for each player, his total points from the 13 'mandatory' events - the four Grand Slams and the nine ATP Masters Series tournaments - and his best five results from all eligible International Series tournaments from the past 52 weeks
he had one final, 3 SF and a few second rounds. So he has to be in the QF at lesat to gain points and it would be only the difference between second rond and QF points. Am I right?
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:16 PM   #37
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Okay so i'm the one to be selfish
You're right but with his ranking it depends so much on the draw in a masters series... Imagine he picks Federer in the first round... Anyway, fingers crossed and high optimism : he'll kick everybody's asses !
There are only 16 seeded players in an AMS Carroll. Which means even if he gains enough points in Lyon to enter the top 30, he still can meet Fed in the first round in Bercy

Old 10-21-2006, 02:26 PM   #38
country flag Bibir

Bibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are only 16 seeded players in an AMS Carroll. Which means even if he gains enough points in Lyon to enter the top 30, he still can meet Fed in the first round in Bercy
No matter who is his first opponent, you'll see Marat this year. That's fate!
Old 10-21-2006, 02:27 PM   #39
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibir View Post
No matter who is his first opponent, you'll see Marat this year. That's fate!
lol

Old 10-21-2006, 02:32 PM   #40
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
nope he can't, Fed plays the Bye in the 1st round
Old 10-21-2006, 02:36 PM   #41
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
ah yeah, poor Bye will lose again

Old 10-21-2006, 02:44 PM   #42
country flag Bibir

Bibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
Again? Arghhh...That Fed guy is always so lucky!
Old 10-21-2006, 02:47 PM   #43
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibir View Post
Again? Arghhh...That Fed guy is always so lucky!
unfair, huh? he always gets easy draws
Old 10-21-2006, 07:26 PM   #44
country flag atheneglaukopis

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Marat needs a quarterfinal to gain just 15 points, a semi to gain 50, a final to gain 95, and a win to gain 150. This assumes the ATP site is correct about the number of points awarded, which they weren't for Moscow. Compare that to Paris, where winning his first round will give him 35 points, and so on up to 500 for a win. I really, really hope he pulls a Metz, because he's already exhausted.

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:10 PM   #45
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
although playing in France might boost Richard...
It doesn't usually, I think he has trouble dealing with the pressure of playing in front of his home crowd. Plus he hasn't had great results recently. As long as Marat isn't too tired, I think he will win. Although if they both play their best it could be a really good match.
I hate that my favourites keep being drawn against each other early in tournaments.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote