Andy in the Davidoff Swiss Indoors Basil- 10/23-10/29, 2006 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-20-2006, 02:12 AM   #1

Default Andy in the Davidoff Swiss Indoors Basil- 10/23-10/29, 2006

Well this is the next Tournament Andy is scheduled to play in.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2006, 01:46 AM   #2
country flag Sweet4Richard

Sweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy in the Davidoff Swiss Indoors Basil- 10/23-10/29, 2006

Andy drew the dangerous youngster Juan Martin del Potro in the first round.

Good Luck Andy

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Richard "the Federer of Nottingham" Gasquet

Edouard Roger-Vasselin
Sweet4Richard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:20 PM   #3
country flag Sweet4Richard

Sweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond repute

Andy withdrew due to a throat infection

Illness forces Murray to pull out

British number one Andy Murray has withdrawn from the Swiss Indoors event because of a throat infection.
The 19-year-old Scot had been due to face Argentine Juan-Martin Del Potro, but will now fly back to Britain.

He hopes to recover from his illness in time to take his place in the draw for next week's prestigious Paris Masters.

Murray had said earlier this week that he felt mentally tired after a long season and was not sure whether he would play in the event in Basle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/6081966.stm

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Richard "the Federer of Nottingham" Gasquet

Edouard Roger-Vasselin
Sweet4Richard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:53 PM   #4

I hate to say it, but when players are unsure about playing in a Tournament or not and then they end up "sick" I kind of wonder about that. And not just Andy, but any player in that situation. I think he wanted a rest in the first place so he decided to take it
Old 10-24-2006, 09:11 PM   #5
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

I would much rather he plays in Paris. If he doesn't, he will have to count a zero as one of his countable tournaments, which would do his ranking no good at all. So if he is as jaded as he seems to be, missing this tournament is a good thing.

It does seem a bit of a dubious illness in view of what he said last week, but it could be that he said what he did about finishing the season early because he was feeling low, and that feeling low may have been because this virus was starting.
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by decrepitude View Post
I would much rather he plays in Paris. If he doesn't, he will have to count a zero as one of his countable tournaments, which would do his ranking no good at all. So if he is as jaded as he seems to be, missing this tournament is a good thing.

It does seem a bit of a dubious illness in view of what he said last week, but it could be that he said what he did about finishing the season early because he was feeling low, and that feeling low may have been because this virus was starting.
I would rather he play Paris also. A report from a poster at the Tournament said Andy was walking around the Hotel looking fit so I have to think that he wanted the rest But then, of course, maybe I'm the one that is jaded