pim pim postcard project - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-20-2006, 04:32 PM   #1
country flag foolish pleasure

foolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond repute
Talking pim pim postcard project

i thought it might be kind of neat if we sent joachim a get well postcard that had traveled all around the world getting postage and postmarks from everywhere we all are.

it could work something like this:
one of us gets a large postcard, signs it, and mails it to another one of us, who then signs it and mails it to another one of us, who signs it and mails it to another one and so on until the last person mails it to joachim. we could use an mtf thread here to "tag" each other--who received it last and who was supposed to receive it next-- so we know who to yell at if it gets hung up somewhere .

and nope, i have no clue what his address is but there are 2 options:
1. mail it to img
2. mail it to him care of the sodertalje post master

so what do you think? too silly?

Last edited by foolish pleasure : 03-24-2006 at 12:38 AM.
foolish pleasure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2006, 07:04 PM   #2
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a silly idea

I don┤t think it┤s a silly idea at all, I like the idea

I would definitely be part in it I don┤t know his address in Sweden, but I know a guy from the Swedish tennis association quite well, so I am sure he would give the card to Pim Pim!

There┤s only one thing I have been thinking about what might appear a bit strange to Pim Pim and this is that he has been injured for more than 6 months,
and did not get anything, but now when he officially is back and maybe has a smaller injury again, we send him a postcard.
But maybe we could also explain this on the card, it┤s only that I have been thinking about it...

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bj÷sse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:33 PM   #3
country flag margaret_gn

margaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a really cute idea! I'm sure he'll love it! but just a question, when you said that we mail it to each other first, do we use envelopes or do we just write each other's address on the postcard? wouldn't the postman get confused then?
and isn't he living in monaco now or is he in sodertalje during his recovery/surgery? i mean either way if Birte could pass it onto her friend it'll be much simpler too

& jurgenMELZER & jarkkoNIEMINEN & michaelRYDERSTEDT & tomasBERDYCH & richardGASQUET & robinSODERLING
tennis photos from 2008
tennis photos pre 2008
tennis reports
margaret_gn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:45 PM   #4

foolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaret_gn
: do we use envelopes or do we just write each other's address on the postcard? wouldn't the postman get confused then?
no, no envelopes, or the collecting of international postage and post marks won't work. so maybe, the first person could write the address of the second person on the card itself, and then every other person could just put an address label over the previous address, so only one "to" address is showing at a time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by margaret_gn
:and isn't he living in monaco now or is he in sodertalje during his recovery/surgery? i mean either way if Birte could pass it onto her friend it'll be much simpler too
is he living in monaco or just "living" in monaco for tax purposes? he grew up in sodertalje, so he and his family are probably pretty well known there --it's not a very big city...and there are fewer celebrities living there--the post office in monte carlo is probably deluged with mail for marat alone!

but ya, for sure it would be way be simpler to just let birte's friend pass it on to joachim!--if he would.

i would hope joachim would like it and not be too creeped out by it (i am not sure how i would feel if there were strange people talking about me and sending me junk in the mail--i guess it would kind of depend on whether i liked what they had to say or not...and how high they ranked on my internal creep-ometer! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommarsverige
:There┤s only one thing I have been thinking about what might appear a bit strange to Pim Pim and this is that he has been injured for more than 6 months,
and did not get anything, but now when he officially is back and maybe has a smaller injury again, we send him a postcard.
that's true! maybe "welcome back" or "kom igen" or "good luck" then?

ps: glad both of you liked the idea

Last edited by foolish pleasure : 02-23-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:30 AM   #5
country flag midsommardagen

midsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond repute

I like this idea foolish pleasure! I'm sure Pim Pim will like it too. but just like Birte has said, maybe you should come up with this idea 7 monthes earlier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish pleasure
so maybe, the first person could write the address of the second person on the card itself, and then every other person could just put an address label over the previous address, so only one "to" address is showing at a time?
well, then the address part will be thicker and thicker from one place to another...

How about we taking this postcard to post office and asking the staff there sealing a postmark on the card? then we mail it to next person IN an envelope? So when Pim Pim get this postcard it is still a collection of international postmarks.
midsommardagen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:10 AM   #6
country flag Cami

Cami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a silly idea?

OMg! That is such a good idea im sure pimpim will lurv it!!!! I hope it happens....
www.joachimjohansson.piczo.com
Cami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:10 AM   #7
country flag margaret_gn

margaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midsommardagen
How about we taking this postcard to post office and asking the staff there sealing a postmark on the card? then we mail it to next person IN an envelope? So when Pim Pim get this postcard it is still a collection of international postmarks.
i like that idea pina so, just to make sure i understood it properly:
we ask the post office to stamp the postmark ON the postcard, then put it in an envelope and write the address of the next person on the envelope, and put a stamp on it and send it.
then the next person discards the envelope and ask their post office to stamp the postcard again, puts it in a new envelope and send it to the next person and so on. so at the end, pimpim will receive it in an envelope addressed to him, from Birte's friend, and when he opens it, he'll get the postcard with many stamps of postmarks on it. am i right?

i think we should start compiling a list of who's gonna do it and the order in which we're sending it too, so it doesn't take too long. I mean like people in the same country can do it right after each other so it doens't have to pass the same country twice, and because local mail gets delivered faster...

& jurgenMELZER & jarkkoNIEMINEN & michaelRYDERSTEDT & tomasBERDYCH & richardGASQUET & robinSODERLING
tennis photos from 2008
tennis photos pre 2008
tennis reports
Old 02-21-2006, 07:18 AM   #8
country flag margaret_gn

Quote:
is he LIVING in monaco or just "living" in monaco for tax purposes? he grew up in sodertalje, so he and his family are probably pretty well known there --it's not a very big city...and there are fewer celebrities living there--the post office in monte carlo is probably deluged with mail for marat alone! but ya, for sure it would be way be simpler to just let birte's friend pass it on to joachim--if he would.
i'm pretty sure someone posted an article here ages ago about him moving to monaco from sodertalje, but eitherway i'm sure he still has a house in sweden and we're just going to get birte to pass it onto her friend. that seems the easiest way.

Quote:
i would hope joachim would like it and not be too creeped out by it (i am not sure how i would feel if there were strange people talking about me and sending me junk in the mail--i guess it would kinda depend on whether i liked what they had to say or not...and how high they ranked on my internal creep-ometer! )
he won't be freaked out i'm sure, he needs to get used to it cos he does have lots of fans and he'll only get encouraged by what we have to say. plus a few of us have sent him fan letters etc before too, so we're not total strangers

Quote:
that's true! maybe "welcome back" or "kom igen" or "good luck" then?
ps: glad both of you liked the idea
the three you mentioned sound good too and i think it'll also be a good idea if each of us also can write a short message, so it's not just a signature? only if you want though, not everyone has to do it if they don't want to...

and thanks to you for coming up with such a brilliant idea

tennis photos from 2008
tennis photos pre 2008
tennis reports
Old 02-21-2006, 07:40 AM   #9
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Great concept, just not sure how successful it will be with the Pimsters. We are kind of hopeless, or at least we have been in the past (when we did the folder for him!!). Maybe times have changed

♥Jonas Bj÷rkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:47 AM   #10
country flag Kat!

Kat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a cute idea too Although I do understand Kristen's concerns - I tend to procrastinate too, but I guess if the postcard arrives in my postbox I will feel kind of "responsible" and don't want to lose it! loool.

so we can't write long-ish messages right? if it's on a postcard...? just a few words and sign our name?
Kat! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:47 PM   #11

Quote:
I like this idea foolish pleasure! I'm sure Pim Pim will like it too. but just like Birte has said, maybe you should come up with this idea 7 monthes earlier!
better late than never!

i was brand new 7 months ago... it would have been very presumptuous of me to start proposing grandiose schemes back then (plus it only occurred to me the other day... )
Quote:
well, then the address part will be thicker and thicker from one place to another...
so?
there's only like maybe 12 of us altogether--it won't be that thick...does it really matter if the address part is thick?

Quote:

Last edited by foolish pleasure : 02-25-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
Great concept, just not sure how successful it will be with the Pimsters. We are kind of hopeless, or at least we have been in the past (when we did the folder for him!!). Maybe times have changed

what ever happened with your folder?

ps: i give this endeavor maybe 4.7% chance of success but...i'm a sucker for longshots
Old 02-21-2006, 07:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~kat
I think it's a cute idea too Although I do understand Kristen's concerns - I tend to procrastinate too, but I guess if the postcard arrives in my postbox I will feel kind of "responsible" and don't want to lose it! loool.

so we can't write long-ish messages right? if it's on a postcard...? just a few words and sign our name?
there won't be too much space, so to be fair to all, we'd probably have to restrict everybody to at most:

just a few words of support ("kom igen pim pim!" or "lycka till joachim" for instance)
our autographs
our MTF name
and our location
(but you could just sign it too)

this also will help to forestall "failure-through-procrastination:" it's the thinking of something to say that causes most of it, me thinks!

TO ALL:
so--are we going to try it?

Last edited by foolish pleasure : 02-25-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:55 PM   #14
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
there won't be too much space, so to be fair to all, we'd probably have to restrict everybody to at most:

just a few words of support ("kom igen pim pim!" or "lycka till joachim" for instance)
our autographs
our MTF name
and our location
(but you could just sign it too)

this also will help to forestall failure-through-procrastination: it's the thinking of something to say that causes most of it!

TO ALL:
so--are we going to try it?
Yes, of course

Will you start and buy a postcard foolish pleasure? (btw, what is your real name? I am sure it┤s much shorter )

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bj÷sse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:16 PM   #15
country flag margaret_gn

Default Re: the little postcard that could?

ok let's get started

make sure you get a rather huge postcard Foolish Pleasure!
i don't mind either way (about the address labels etc)

tennis photos from 2008
tennis photos pre 2008
tennis reports