Laughing at National and Regional Stereotypes - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-21-2006, 01:36 PM   #121
country flag Jogy

Jogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laughing at National and Regional Stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
The Polish people steal. That is/was a stereotype in Germany. But the last 5 years or so I haven't heard jokes about the Poles anymore.
You realised that we give you Podolski and Klose (they both have Polish roots or one Polish parent, but live in Germany for more than 20 years) and you may not make that stereotype anymore because we gifted Germany

But it is true that many people from East come to Germany and steal something or make crime. So you can not saying that it is wrong stereotype.

RAFA owns Fedclown ~~~ H2H record 14-7 -- ~~~ 3 different GS finals included
Byebye Fedjerk, your dominance period is over! Nadal will win like 10 more Slams!

Zero tolerance against dopers!
Jogy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2006, 08:52 AM   #122
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Russians

- Rude
- Surly
- Crazy drunken xenophobes
- Russian women want everything to be paid for them by the man
- Russian women only like Westerners so they can leave Russia
- Everyone wears fur coats and hats and the cold winters are impossible to survive
- Anyone with money is either ex KGB or mafia
- They play the balalaika

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #123
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
No, to develop the country.
It would be cheaper to improve the slums.

But they don't do this.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 04:07 PM   #124
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
It would be cheaper to improve the slums.

But they don't do this.
It's a bigger deal. Not that easy. Education is what's missing here, and politicians don't give a damn about it.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:21 PM   #125
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about other countries, but here in Brazil, Portuguese people are said to be unintelligent, ignorant people. Example of jokes:

How many Portugueses are necessary to change a light bulb?
- Five: one to step on the table and four to rotate it.

How many Portugueses are necessary do sink a submarine?
- Two: one to knock on the door, and one to open it.

shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:40 PM   #126
country flag HybridTheory

HybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond repute

Dutch:
Are tall
Are blond
Smoke weed all the time
Walk on wooden shoes
Eat cheese
All live in Amsterdam
Old 10-24-2006, 11:16 PM   #127
country flag marti_228

marti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
I don't know about other countries, but here in Brazil, Portuguese people are said to be unintelligent, ignorant people. Example of jokes:

How many Portugueses are necessary to change a light bulb?
- Five: one to step on the table and four to rotate it.

How many Portugueses are necessary do sink a submarine?
- Two: one to knock on the door, and one to open it.

The same jokes are told in Argentina referring to the Galicians (gallegos).

People in Argentina think Mexican and Bolivian women are ugly.
We also think Germans, Russians, English, Escandinavians are very cold people.
marti_228 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:42 AM   #128
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
I don't know about other countries, but here in Brazil, Portuguese people are said to be unintelligent, ignorant people.
We have the same myth, here in Portugal, about Brasilian people.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:52 AM   #129
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudiaM View Post

That's called love...
Old 10-25-2006, 12:55 AM   #130
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:03 AM   #131
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's called love...
Pfff, deep love, yup.

Well it doesn't help much when a Brasilian costumer I had a few years ago, insisted with me that he had the Taxis for free, just because he had a coupon that said, "Tax free". I don't think he ever got what I was trying to explain, and left thinking I was fooling him. You know, sometimes I think we don't speak the same language.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:33 AM   #132
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Pfff, deep love, yup.

Well it doesn't help much when a Brasilian costumer I had a few years ago, insisted with me that he had the Taxis for free, just because he had a coupon that said, "Tax free". I don't think he ever got what I was trying to explain, and left thinking I was fooling him. You know, sometimes I think we don't speak the same language.
We don't, really.

Vem pra cá e falas pra alguém esperar no fim da "bicha"... tu vais ter uma surpresa nada agradável...
Old 10-25-2006, 02:48 AM   #133
country flag justClaudia

Quote:
We don't, really.

Vem pra cá e falas pra alguém esperar no fim da "bicha"... tu vais ter uma surpresa nada agradável...
bicha também é 'isso' aqui. Por isso que eu falo fila, sempre.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:37 AM   #134
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian View Post
(Or the common stereotype that blacks are less intelligent simply because their tests scores are on average lower. While it may be a fact that their test scores are lower, this doesn't take into account the fact that poverty has a direct negative impact on children's success in school and that blacks are affected by poverty the most in this country. So this asinine stereotype is masking the fact that the source of lower test scores is not a lack of intelligence in the black community, but the inability of our current systems to help those whose standards of living need to be raised in order for children to have an environment in which their potential can be maximized.
I'm black (as if you didn't know ) and I wasn't raised in the best neighborhoods. I moved a lot when I was under 10. I lived with just my mom, so I couldn't afford private school, extra lessons, tutors, or a comfortable experience that my white counterparts had. But, I worked hard with what I was given, and when I was 14, I went to an advanced high school, one that in the top 10% of schools in the US and one of only two 5 star schools in Louisiana.

I'm now a National Achievement Semifinalist, which is an extremely honorable and competitive scholarship competion for black students. To qualify, I had to take, and do well on, the P.S.A.T., which is a practice for the SAT. I got a 185, which puts me in the top 1% of black students in the country. Although the National Merit program is more inclusive (top 1% of ALL races), I'm still in the top 15-20% of high schoolers, which is an achievement in itself. But because of that, I'm probably just top 75% in the world.

You know all Americans are the dumbest in the world?

More Southern American stereotypes:

- We've have sex with our cousins
- We eat deep fried flour for dinner
- We're :retard:
- We're the dumbest part of the country (Actually, we have the highest number of National Merit and Achievement kids from the country. The Midwest has the least number )
- We all like country music
- We aw-yall hayve accentz 'in we tawk ssssssssssllllllllllllooooooooowwwwww
- This is true: Louisiana has the best food in the world. Even our McDonald's taste better. Hands

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Last edited by ~*BGT*~ : 10-25-2006 at 03:38 AM. Reason: IGNOOR MI MISSPELLLINGZ.... :)
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:54 AM   #135
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

You Know You're From Louisiana When

The crawdad mounds in your front yard have over taken the grass.

You greet people with "Howzyamomma'an'dem?" and hear back "Dey fine!"

Every so often, you have waterfront property.

When giving directions you use words like "uptown," "downtown," "backatown," "riverside," "lakeside," "other side of the bayou" or "other side of the levee."

When you refer to a geographical location "way up North," you are referring to places like Shreveport, Little Rock or Memphis, "where it gets real cold." It does get cold there

You've ever had Community Coffee.

You can pronounce Tchoupitoulas but can't spell it. chop-uh-TOO-lus

You don't worry when you see ships riding higher in the river than the top of your house.

You judge a po-boy by the number of napkins used.

The waitress at your local sandwich shop tells you a fried oyster po-boy "dressed" is healthier than a Caesar salad.

You can eat Popeye's, Haydel's and Zapp's for lunch and wash it down with Barq's and several Abitas, without losing it all on your stoop.

The four seasons in your year are: crawfish, shrimp, crab, and King Cake. I'm smelling king cakes soon. BTW, Most of us hate those cakes, they're filled with jam

You "wrench" your hands in the sink with an onion bar to get the crawfish smell off.

You don't learn until high school that Mardi Gras is not a national holiday. Wait.... it isn't? The why do I hear other people talk about it?

You believe that purple, green and gold look good together.

Your last name isn't pronounced the way it's spelled. I know plenty of Meloncon (meh-LAW-saw), Boudreaux (BOO-dro), Richard (ree-SHAR), Hebert (A-bear) and others

You know what a nutria rat is but you still pick it to represent your baseball team. I think that's our meat at Taco Bell

You have spent a summer afternoon on the Lake Pontchartrain seawall catching blue crabs. I did!! When I was 7

You describe a color as "K & B Purple." Our old drug store. Bought out by Rite-Aid

You like your rice and politics dirty.

You pronounce the largest city in the state as "Nawlins."

You know those big roaches can fly, but you're able to sleep at night anyway. It's allright, as long as you don't hear them bumping into the walls.

You assume everyone has mosquito swarms in their backyard.

You realize the rainforest is less humid than Louisiana. Where else in the world does the concrete sweat in the morning?

You learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron...

You discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window...

When out of town, you stop and ask someone where there is a drive-through Daiquiri place, and they look at you like you have three heads.

You have flood insurance.

Your burial plot is six feet over rather than six feet under.

You consider a Bloody Mary a light breakfast.

You push little old ladies out of the way to catch Mardi Gras throws.

You leave a parade with footprints on the top of your hands.

You have a parade ladder in your shed.

Your first sentence was "Throw me something mistah" and your first drink was from a go-cup.

You worry about a deceased family member returning in spring floods.

You reply to anything and everything about life here with "Only in Nahlins".

You have a monogrammed go-cup.

You get on a bus marked "Cemeteries" and don�t think twice.

You shake out your shoes before putting them on.

Your sunglasses fog up when you step outside.

No matter where else you go in the world, you are always disappointed in the food. I've been to Baltimore, DC, Orlando, Houston, Okla. City, Dallas, Mobile, Memphis, Atlanta, and New York... and the food sucks. Maybe it's because my mom is a chef and even my older brothers cook well.

You get up in the morning and start cooking a pot of rice before you give any thought to what you'll fix for dinner.

You ask, "How dey running?" and "Are dey fat?" when you're inquiring about seafood quality.

When it starts to rain, you cover your beer instead of your head.

You call tomato sauce "red gravy."

You eat sno-balls instead of throwing them. [Sno cones, sno balls.... same thing [/b]

Your house payment is less than your air conditioning bill.

Your grandparents are called "Maw Maw" and "Paw Paw." All 4 of my died before I was born

You fall asleep to the soothing sounds of four box fans. Just one oscillating one, with it fixed on me on high, instead of it oscillating... even in winter

No one eats healthy. Fried Batter is actually a menu item in some restaurants. Told you [/b]

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Louisiana.

=====================================

You Know You're From Britain When... http://www.blogthings.com/britain.html

You Know You're From Australia When...
http://www.blogthings.com/Australia.html

Many others. Very funny, if you get them.
http://www.blogthings.com/wherefrom.html

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Last edited by ~*BGT*~ : 10-25-2006 at 03:58 AM.
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote