Laughing at National and Regional Stereotypes - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #106
country flag oz_boz

oz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laughing at National and Regional Stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Bow View Post
* Gals from the US are easy.
At least when they are traveling in Europe, isn't it so?

Quote:
* English men are bad in bed.
Yep, only interested in beer and football.

Quote:
* German men either have clinical efficient sex or weird S&M stuff.

Quote:
* Guys from Mexico, South America and Italy will cheat on you.
Add Spain, France and Greece to that list.

I don't like hypocrites, but even worse are the ones who think it's OK to be an asshole as long as you are not hypocritical.
oz_boz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2006, 09:32 AM   #107
country flag oz_boz

oz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Argentines in South America have all the jokes told about them and most of them especially Chileans, Peruvians and Brazilians will cheer against them all the time. Willy's jokes pretty much sum it up.
Argentine is scorned among its neighbour countries, then which country isn't ? But I guess it's about them being richer. Just wanted to add that they are probably viewed in a better light outside their own continent, also like most other countries.

Could it be that reputation grows with distance? Not in every case of course, think of Japan, or USA that has haters all over the world.

I don't like hypocrites, but even worse are the ones who think it's OK to be an asshole as long as you are not hypocritical.

Last edited by oz_boz : 10-19-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:36 AM   #108
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz_boz View Post
Argentine is scorned among its neighbour countries, then which country isn't ? But I guess it's about them being richer. Just wanted to add that they are probably viewed in a better light outside their own continent, also like most other countries.

Could it be that reputation grows with distance? Not in every case of course, think of Japan, or USA that has haters all over the world.
Chile is better off economically than Argentina these days and Norway is better off than Sweden, but these things change and there is always that factor as well.

It's like what the Portuguese say about the Spanish, the only good thing about the east is that the sun rises. Mexicans about Mexico, it's so close to heaven, yet too close to the United States.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #109
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Germans
- Love their beer
-Very efficient
-Always are on the beach first with their towels to reserve a space
-Bratwurst and sauerkraut eating
-Rude and arrogant
-Wear lederhosen ( only in Bavaria)
-Well travelled
-Beer guts and the guys love their moustaches and beards
-Drive like Schumacher on the autobahns

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 10-19-2006 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #110
country flag oz_boz

Quote:
Germans
Quote:
very efficient
Almost as the Japanese, and meticulous almost on par with the Swiss

Quote:
always are on the beach first with their towels to reserve a space
And pink-tanned

Quote:
bratwurst and sauerkraut eating
Jajamensan

Quote:
rude and arrogant
The Americans of Europe

Quote:
the guys love their moustaches and beards
And in the East they have the lovely haircut hockeyfrilla

I'd like to add:
* they always give Turkey 12 point in the Eurosong thanks to all Gastarbeiters
* their environment is not very clean (Ruhr, Schwarzwald, Elbe&Rhein)
* they make the best cars
* oompaoompamusic along with the Lederhosen in Bavaria, and bigbreasted blond waitresses named Helga or Brünnhilde
* their langauge is ugly (though I love German speaking female voices ) with lots of harsh consonants

Old 10-19-2006, 10:44 AM   #111
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
I'd like to add:
* oompaoompamusic along with the Lederhosen in Bavaria, and bigbreasted blond waitresses named Helga or Brünnhilde
* their langauge is ugly (though I love German speaking female voices ) with lots of harsh consonants
* Spend all that money for the Eurovision song contest and can't win it.
* For all the pollution especially in the East, they have the Black Forest which is what the Ruhr should be called.
* Even saying I love you in German can sound like they want to hurt you physically.
* Every part of the pig must be eaten.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #112
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
The government doesn't cut trees, clown, it lets private enterprises cut (mostly foreign). I'm not into forests... why do we want a huge forest that's worth for nothing?

People think everyone in Brazil lives in a beach.
Letting them do it is the same as cutting the trees themselves.

What do you need more money for?

To buy alcohol, cigarettes, and other crap you don't need?

its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:56 AM   #113
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Americans of Europe
That was harsh.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #114
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It never has been true about Tromsø being a suicide capital of the world per capita.

Official stats from the WHO

http://www.who.int/mental_health/pre...iciderates/en/
I would also question the accuracy of these stats.

No way that the following is correct:

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 17.6/100,000 (male) 4.1/100,000 (female)
Old 10-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #115
country flag oz_boz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
That was harsh.

My apologies, I just quoted what I've heard from a few other people. Makes sense in a way, Germany is the most influential country of Europe as USA is of the whole world.

I happen to like Germany btw, not the stereotype of it of course.

Last edited by oz_boz : 10-19-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:09 AM   #116
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
That was harsh.
Does that make Horst Köhler the George Bush of Euope?

Old 10-20-2006, 09:54 AM   #117
country flag fabolous

fabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
* German men either have clinical efficient sex or weird S&M stuff.
does this stereotype really exist about us?

Quote:
Germans
- Love their beer
-Very efficient
-Always are on the beach first with their towels to reserve a space
-Bratwurst and sauerkraut eating
-Rude and arrogant
-Wear lederhosen ( only in Bavaria)
-Well travelled
-Beer guts and the guys love their moustaches and beards
-Drive like Schumacher on the autobahns
Quote:
I'd like to add:
yes, that are the typical germans! but it's not completely wrong, we know that there's a grain of truth in every stereotype.

fabolous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:23 PM   #118
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
Letting them do it is the same as cutting the trees themselves.

What do you need more money for?

To buy alcohol, cigarettes, and other crap you don't need?

No, to develop the country.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #119
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post

There are lots of those. Also, there are a lot of sites dedicated to making jokes about Argentines. Chileans and Peruvians are very good at it.

Oh, I forgot. We hate Brazilians.
And Brazilians hate Argies.

I don't get it. All Argies here think I hate them just because I'm Brazilian. I mean, I'm sure that if I had another flag there they wouldn't insult me as much as they do now.

Brazil is the biggest GDP of South America and the third of the whole America. Don't be fooled: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._%28nominal%29
Old 10-20-2006, 05:34 PM   #120
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

For Latin America, 2006 estimation by FMI.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...untries_by_GDP