S&M stands for Sashaaaaaa and Marat! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #1
country flag atheneglaukopis

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute
Default S&M stands for Sashaaaaaa and Marat!

True love is the greatest thing in the world...except for a nice MLT--mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich--where the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomatoes are ripe, they're so perky.

Hark! Is that the THUD of falling bodies I hear?

What? I was talking about platonic love.

Now that the last of the teenyboppers has been felled, time to move on to Marat's next coach. We all miss Peter, but our boy does get around in all departments, and we can only try to keep up. Personally, since they're both great and neither wants to work year-round with him, I think they should take turns, but I guess that's not happening. And while we naturally can't go starting threads about every random person in Marat's life, the interior decorator now has one.

So, this year, Marat went into the US Open ranked 104 after two first-round losses at Toronto & Cincy. He called in the cavalry Sasha and came within two points of the qfs, pulling his ranking out of the dumps, and defeating the number 4 seed along the way. Under Sasha's guidance, the Russian team, including Marat, made it to the DC final. At the Kremlin Cup, organized with the help of Sasha, Marat, again with Sasha's help, made his first final since Halle 05 and got his ranking back into the top 50--at 49 the highest it's been since the AO, barring one week at 47. He has suffered no first round losses since Cincy and credits Sasha as one of the reasons.

Next week he faces a tough draw in Madrid, but Sasha will be there to motivate him, along with some models, and we are optimistic. Of course, we are optimistic every week: it's the story of our lives as Safinholics. In 2007 they plan to hook up (just in case any lurkers survived the first few blows ) at the four Grand Slams and at five yet-to-be-determined Master Series events. [Darn unreliable journalists.] Furthermore Sasha has been prodding him to work on his fitness, and just today Marat admitted that it was a problem, so dare we hope that he will listen and add someone to his team. Which, let's face it, would be at least as important as a coach.

A couple of quotes:

US Open "It's the only guy that we can speak about he is one of my closest friends, off the courts also. He knows pretty much about my life. He also can he's a little bit older. He has a lot of experience in life. He understands. He's been a player. He's been a great player. Just more mental part so I can cry on his shoulder basically. He understands. He puts me together. He want me to win, which is great. He's there for me from the beginning till the end."

Kremlin Cup "I have a very tough year behind me, many disappointing losses, lack of confidence, problems with my knee...I needed a lot of time to recover after matches. Thanks to Sasha I found my way, I can play again."

Also prominent on his resume is the fact that Annie likes him and recently agreed to take a picture with him, and since Annie is the goddess of our universe, that's one heck of a character reference.

Finally, for some real Sashappreciation, check out certain pictures on Marat's blog.

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.

Last edited by atheneglaukopis : 11-10-2006 at 07:35 PM.
atheneglaukopis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #2
country flag mir

mir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Marat Looooooves Sasha! Appreciation Thread

Sasha the great
mir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:46 PM   #3
country flag Wednesday Addams

Wednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneglaukopis View Post
True love is the greatest thing in the world...except for a nice MLT--mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich--where the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomatoes are ripe, they're so perky.

Hark! Is that the THUD of falling bodies I hear?

What? I was talking about platonic love.

Now that the last of the teenyboppers has been felled, time to move on to Marat's next coach. We all miss Peter, but our boy does get around in all departments, and we can only try to keep up. Personally, since they're both great and neither wants to work year-round with him, I think they should take turns, but I guess that's not happening. And while we naturally can't go starting threads about every random person in Marat's life, the interior decorator now has one.

So, this year, Marat went into the US Open ranked 104 after two first-round losses at Toronto & Cincy. He called in the cavalry Sasha and came within two points of the qfs, pulling his ranking out of the dumps, and defeating the number 4 seed along the way. Under Sasha's guidance, the Russian team, including Marat, made it to the DC semifinals. At the Kremlin Cup, organized with the help of Sasha, Marat, again with Sasha's help, made his first final since Halle 05 and got his ranking back into the top 50--at 49 the highest it's been since the AO, barring one week at 47. He has suffered no first round losses since Cincy and credits Sasha as one of the reasons.

Next week he faces a tough draw in Madrid, but Sasha will be there to motivate him, along with some models, and we are optimistic. Of course, we are optimistic every week: it's the story of our lives as Safinholics. In 2007 they plan to hook up (just in case any lurkers survived the first few blows ) at the four Grand Slams and at five yet-to-be-determined Master Series events. Furthermore Sasha has been prodding him to work on his fitness, and just today Marat admitted that it was a problem, so dare we hope that he will listen and add someone to his team. Which, let's face it, would be at least as important as a coach.

A couple of quotes:

US Open "It's the only guy that we can speak about he is one of my closest friends, off the courts also. He knows pretty much about my life. He also can he's a little bit older. He has a lot of experience in life. He understands. He's been a player. He's been a great player. Just more mental part so I can cry on his shoulder basically. He understands. He puts me together. He want me to win, which is great. He's there for me from the beginning till the end."

Kremlin Cup "I have a very tough year behind me, many disappointing losses, lack of confidence, problems with my knee...I needed a lot of time to recover after matches. Thanks to Sasha I found my way, I can play again."

Also prominent on his resume is the fact that Annie likes him and recently agreed to take a picture with him, and since Annie is the goddess of our universe, that's one heck of a character reference.

Finally, for some real Sashappreciation, check out certain pictures on Marat's blog.
Don't forget his fabulous abs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir View Post
Sasha the great
That's Peter's nickname *still in denial about it*
Old 10-15-2006, 07:51 PM   #4
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Addams View Post
maybe he'll come back

Now that we have Sashappreciation, I think Gab should create a thread for Tarpischev to lust over. May I suggest "Tarpiluv"?
Gab, you know you wanna.
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:52 PM   #5

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Addams View Post
Don't forget his fabulous abs
Implicit in the last part.

Quote:
Alexander the Great, Peter the Great...I'm telling you, they should share him.

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:28 PM   #6
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

quote from 2001

Quote:
TM: During the US Open, you were with Alexander Volkov…
MS: With Volkov, there is nothing to learn. You just have to watch him. His tennis is from another planet! When he was in the circuit, he was not a player like the others. During the training, it was the same. You watch him and try to understand if you can. He does what he wants with the ball. And you just have to try to do the same (laugher). But he has his business in Russia, and we couldn't go on together.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:55 PM   #7
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

SASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 10-15-2006, 08:56 PM   #8
country flag mir

mir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
SASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Gab you forgot :
mir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:56 PM   #9
country flag Wednesday Addams

Wednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
TM: During the US Open, you were with Alexander Volkov…
MS: With Volkov, there is nothing to learn. You just have to watch him. His tennis is from another planet! When he was in the circuit, he was not a player like the others. During the training, it was the same. You watch him and try to understand if you can. He does what he wants with the ball. And you just have to try to do the same (laugher). But he has his business in Russia, and we couldn't go on together.
Ohhh, puppy love

Old 10-15-2006, 09:38 PM   #10
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

Sasha

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:21 PM   #11
country flag kuniochi

kuniochi has a reputation beyond reputekuniochi has a reputation beyond reputekuniochi has a reputation beyond reputekuniochi has a reputation beyond reputekuniochi has a reputation beyond reputekuniochi has a reputation beyond reputekuniochi has a reputation beyond reputekuniochi has a reputation beyond reputekuniochi has a reputation beyond reputekuniochi has a reputation beyond reputekuniochi has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Sasha!

* "It's like love. When you look too hard, you don't find it. When you let it happen naturally, it comes." Marat Safin

twitter: @bukvichka
kuniochi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #12
country flag Curls

Curls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if Marat's recent success/improvement is down to hooking up with Sasha, or possibly just timing ... anyway, here's to a successful partnership

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curls View Post
I'm not sure if Marat's recent success/improvement is down to hooking up with Sasha, or possibly just timing ... anyway, here's to a successful partnership
That was the first question in my quiz last month: car accident, Sasha, US Open/DC/indoor season, or all of the above, and b and d got picked a lot and c not at all, so there.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:12 AM   #14
country flag Curls

Curls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneglaukopis View Post
That was the first question in my quiz last month: car accident, Sasha, US Open/DC/indoor season, or all of the above, and b and d got picked a lot and c not at all, so there.
I meant in terms of return from injury, the accummulation of a few little wins, nearing the end of the season and knowing that a little rest & recuperation is not far away etc etc, not so much the surface/tournament conditions.

aaah, don't mind me ... I'm feeling flatter than a blini at the moment

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curls View Post
I meant in terms of return from injury, the accummulation of a few little wins, nearing the end of the season and knowing that a little rest & recuperation is not far away etc etc, not so much the surface/tournament conditions.

aaah, don't mind me ... I'm feeling flatter than a blini at the moment
Awww, I'm sorry.

If you read my original post very carefully I did say "one of the reasons."